eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I received the following message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LousBooks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: I received the following message Reply with quote

I received the following message

2Insufficient product identifiers: Missing two out of three attributes [GTIN, brand, mpn]
examples:

The Daybreakers by Louis L'Amour
Galloway by Louis L'Amour
2Insufficient product identifiers: Missing GTIN attribute.
* The statistic is being updated three times per week but is running behind.
** eCRATER sends feeds to Google Merchant Center three times per week.

What do I need to do to correct this.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
shopswapsell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the book is listed as new, google wants the ISBN (GTIN = global trade identification number), books are ISBN, while most other products use UPC\

Note that once you do add it (if it has one) it will take a month for the item to be resubmitted to google and the error warning to turn off.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Shopping actually wants ISBNs for all books, but it's only a "problem" for new books. If the books does not have an ISBN, you should use the Google attribute of identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. Make sure the attribute name is in lower case with no spaces before or after the name. Google Shopping seems to have a hard time understanding that some small publishers may not have paid for an ISBN. I've run across many titles published since 1970 for limited distribution or for sale by the publisher only that did not purchase an ISBN because the books were not placed in a national supply system.

Google also wants you to convert the 10 digit ISBN to a 13 digit, but (so far) it doesn't prevent the book from being listed. Personally, I'm an old school bookseller who only list the ISBN that was printed in the edition I am selling. If the book I'm selling was printed without an ISBN, I simply use the identifier_exists attribute. If there have been 15 different editions since then that are different from mine, a 13 digit ISBN for the new copy at Walmart is NOT the same as the book I'm selling.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also since Louis L'Amour wrote way back when, while it might not have an ISBN, it may have an SBN which if you put a 0 in front of the SBN it should work out okay. Sheila, correct me if I'm wrong, or it could have been a 1. I haven't done much selling of books for a long while and details tend to leak out of my head. But I do know that there is a way to convert an SSBN to a ISBN. No way as Sheila has said though to get it into ISBN-13 territory though.

Of course if you are selling a modern printing a moot point. The ISBN should be there on the book.
LousBooks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: ISBN Reply with quote

I call up the book lising, and find no where to insert the ISBN
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ISBN is a Google attribute. You fill it in the same way as your other attributes that you have done, only this is: [!isbn:1234567890!]
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some ISBN for The Daybreakers by Louis L'Amour:

If Your version is The Sacketts #6, try to use this number:

ISBN 0553062042 --> ISBN13: 9780553062045

BTW, Your second photo is a thumbnail (53x64px), please, consider to upload for Your customers a bigger, good quality picture.
LousBooks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Attribute Reply with quote

What is an Attribute?
What is an Attribute Value?

I used google dictionary an could not get an answer
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our items are submitted to Google Shopping by eCRATER. Google Shopping has requirements for the feed in addition to the fees eCRATER pays for us. Individual sellers are not allowed to submit the feed themselves if they are selling on a marketplace, the feed is only accepted from the marketplace. Currently, the only attribute Google Shopping (GS) requires from books is the isbn # or the attribute name identifier_exists with a value of False if the book does not have an isbn. When you are on the listing page above the title you'll see 4 tabs. One of those tabs is labeled Google Attributes. When you click on the tab you'll see a table. Attribute names go in the left column with everything in lower case and no leading or ending spaces. (Sometimes I use cut/paste and my computer/me will often add an extra space that I have to remember to remove.) The left column would be the value for that attribute. So for a book, you enter isbn on the left and the number on the right. The number should be entered without spaces or hyphens. If you don't have an isbn # you would enter identifier_exists in the left column and False in the right column. You can use capital letters in the right column, but NEVER in the left column. Note the underscore between the words identifier and exists. The underscore is required.

After you enter your attributes, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click either UPDATE or UPDATE AND EXIT before you leave the page. After you enter an attribute in the table, when you return to the basic item page you'll see something like [!isbn:1234987497!] at the end of your item description. This will not show in the item page when viewed by a customer. If it is visible, you made an error when you add the attribute. We have the option of using the code to add the information to our item descriptions instead of using the table. It's a handy feature if you are entering several items that will have the same attributes. You simply duplicate the listing you've completed and change the information that's different.

Most of the required Google Attributes are submitted by eCRATER from the data we complete when we list an item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you can see what a different sort of item looks like with using google attributes at the bottom of the listing. In this instance a pattern: Aome of the attributes google may have changed but not necessarily giving us trouble about it.

[!brand:McCall's!]
[!mpn:8255,M8255!]
[!department:misses,mens,unisex!]
[!size:42-42!]
[!style:pants, shorts,drawstring waist!]
[!year:19985!]
[!upc:023795825535!]

Everything on left is the attribute name and what is on the right is the attribute value. Note that you would have had to set this up yourself using the rules Sheila mentioned.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: