eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What happened to the "old" Paypal linking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColetteDesigns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: What happened to the "old" Paypal linking Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to the old paypal linking? Embarassed

I find that there's something here called paypal express.
I'm not certain if I could still link up the way I used to.
There are so many stringent rules on paypal express, and I'm confused about it.
Is there a way to use regular paypal?
So can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks

PS. I had a different store up to a few years ago here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you stop using it, it's gone forever. PayPal Express is the new version going forward for any website that use PayPal. There is nothing wrong with it. It has better integration than the old one and makes it easier on the customer to check out.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how it links up now. I had the old PayPal and when they came out with PP Express all I did was click something to add it to my payment options.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only difference I've noticed in PayPal Standard and PayPal Express is the fact the customer must pay during the checkout flow. Once the customer clicks on the PayPal pay button they are taken to PayPal where they either sign in to their account or enter their credit card if they don't want to go through their PayPal. Once they either log into their account or enter their credit card, they are returned to eCRATER to complete the checkout. If they don't want to pay, we never know there was an attempted sale and the item remains for sale.

I'm not sure what you mean about "stringent rules" on PayPal Express. Are you sure you were reading about PayPal Express? If you go to PayPal, there are several different methods sellers can use in their stand alone websites, but those are not available on eCRATER.
ColetteDesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean about "stringent rules" on PayPal Express. Are you sure you were reading about PayPal Express? If you go to PayPal, there are several different methods sellers can use in their stand alone websites, but those are not available on eCRATER.

Sheila, This is what I'm talking about.
Enjoy reading...lol

PayPal
Third Party Definitions

Use Express Checkout to process payments.

This permission enables Ecrater to take the following actions:

Grant permission for PayPal Express Checkout which enables you to receive payments from buyers.
Obtain your Pal ID (PayPal assigned identification number) and location of your merchant account.

Issue a refund for a specific transaction.

This permission enables Ecrater to issue a refund to a buyer for PayPal, debit, and credit card transaction.

Process your customers credit or debit card payments.

This permission enables Ecrater to take the following actions on your behalf:

Receive credit or debit card payments into your PayPal account.
Receive credit or debit card payment authorizations into your PayPal account.

Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.

Authorize PayPal transactions on your behalf
Capture previously authorized transactions
Extend the authorizations period for any PayPal transactions received by you
Void PayPal transaction authorizations

Create and manage PayPal payment buttons on your website.

Create a PayPal-hosted button, or a button hosted by you, on your website.
Update a PayPal-hosted button on your website.
Delete a PayPal-hosted button on your website.
Obtain the information associated with a PayPal-hosted button on your website.
Obtain a list of all PayPal-hosted buttons on your website.
Obtain the inventory levels associated with a PayPal-hosted button on your website.
Specify the inventory levels associated with a PayPal-hosted button on your website.

Obtain your PayPal account balance.

This permission enables Ecrater to display your available balance for each of the currencies you hold in your PayPal account.

Obtain information about a single transaction.

This permission enables Ecrater to access and retrieve information about a single transaction between you and a buyer, including:

date
amount
status
email address
phone number
shipping address

Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results.

This permission enables Ecrater to search your transaction history for the following specific criteria and display the results:

a consumer's email address
a date, or range of dates
transaction status
transaction amount
an invoice number

Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction.

This permission enables Ecrater to charge an existing customer based on a previous transaction and send the funds to your PayPal account.

Create and manage Recurring Payments.

This permission enables Ecrater to create and manage recurring payments with customers, execute payments, and make refunds to customers based on the agreements.

Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions.

Obtain authorization to initiate pre-approved payments.
Create an agreement between you and your customers authorizing you to initiate pre-approved payments.
Modify the pre-approved payment agreement.
Initiate pre-approved payments that have been previously authorized.
Obtain information on buyers with whom you have a pre-approved billing agreement.

Accept or deny a pending transaction.

This permission enables Ecrater to accept or deny a pending transaction that has been flagged for review by PayPal fraud management filters.

Issue a refund for any prior transaction.

This permission enables Ecrater to issue a refund for a debit or credit card payment that is not associated with a specific prior transaction.

Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch.

This permission allows Ecrater to initiate multiple transactions, such as commissions, rebates, and rewards, to multiple recipients in one batch.

Dynamically encrypt PayPal payment buttons on your web site.

This permission enables Ecrater to encrypt PayPal payment buttons on your web site so only PayPal can decipher the encrypted transaction details.

Generate consolidated reports for all accounts.

This permission enables Ecrater to generate consolidated reports containing detailed information about the transactions processed by all your accounts.

Use Express Checkout to process mobile payments.

Process Express Checkout on mobile devices
Initiate a payment over the phone

Authorize transactions with Universal Air Travel Plans.

This permission enables Ecrater to authorize transactions with Universal Air Travel Plans on your behalf.

Manage your invoicing through a third party.

This permission enables Ecrater to create and manage invoices on your behalf.

Generate reports for recurring billing and other outstanding orders.

This permission enables Ecrater to generate reports listing preapproved and recurring payment agreements, subscriptions, and other outstanding orders you have authorized.

Capture payments in batches.

This permission enables Ecrater to capture and process multiple payments as a single batch on your behalf.

Run dispute reports and issue batch refunds.

This permission enables Ecrater to generate reports on new and updated claims made against your PayPal account, including transaction detail reports, and issue resulting refunds as a single batch on your behalf.

Create and modify accounts, and run reports on them.

This permission enables Ecrater to create and manage accounts on your behalf, and run reports on the status of these accounts.

Access your PayPal contact information.

PayPal never shares your financial information when you shop. Ecrater will only have access to your contact information.

Close Window

Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved.
ColetteDesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:
Once you stop using it, it's gone forever. PayPal Express is the new version going forward for any website that use PayPal. There is nothing wrong with it. It has better integration than the old one and makes it easier on the customer to check out.

I decided to use it anyway...see below the I mentioned.
I'm afraid that they will expose my paypal information and that everyone might have access (perhaps) to what is not their business.
So I figure I don't want to give up just yet.
In the past, I had good experiences with my past ecrater customers, etc.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited by ColetteDesigns on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColetteDesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
I have no idea how it links up now. I had the old PayPal and when they came out with PP Express all I did was click something to add it to my payment options.

It sounds like you were already a member during the change and that it was easier back then.
Thanks for the reply.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep most of us were grandfathered in, but remember that for the most part we only use PP here for paying for transactions and if necessary paying your Marketplace fees. eCRATER themselves never reaches into your PP account to pay or refund a customer. That is between you and PP. Most of that is legalese protecting PP's backside most likely.

I know I shouldn't but I never read those things anymore for companies I have been dealing with, since if you say you don't agree then you end up without a payment processor. Rolling Eyes
ColetteDesigns

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Yep most of us were grandfathered in, but remember that for the most part we only use PP here for paying for transactions and if necessary paying your Marketplace fees. eCRATER themselves never reaches into your PP account to pay or refund a customer. That is between you and PP. Most of that is legalese protecting PP's backside most likely.

I know I shouldn't but I never read those things anymore for companies I have been dealing with, since if you say you don't agree then you end up without a payment processor. Rolling Eyes

"grandfathered in"....lol
Yes. It's must be true.
Thanks for your reply.
I remember you from a few years ago. Very knowledgeable in deed.
Although I must say, I've gotten into trouble believe it or not for not reading the fine print.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't read fine print anymore without a magnifying glass! I'm at grandparent age but don't have the little ones to go with it though, sadly to say.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, it is the new way going forward for any marketplace. Things will change whether you want them to or not.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Love Love PPX. No more unpaid "Payments" and Paypal is much more secure than Stripe. All previous protections still apply. Also, you can still receive an e-check payment (found that out recently). Doubt I'll ever go back. Stripe is getting better but they're not there yet. Wouldn't mind another option like Amz payments but til then I'm A-ok with PPX.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i do wish there was another one other than stripe. Amazon would be awesome too. There is still that stigma with PayPal from years ago and Stripe has a lot of silly issues. i absolutely hate how they handle chargebacks. which is why i still stick with PayPal Express
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both PP regular and express as well as Stripe and haven't had any problems with them. My biggest problem is I tend to be forgetful that the MP fees are due in a day or two and will do a PP dump into my bank account and with sales slower and not as consistent, I end up not having money in my account to pay it for several extra days. I used to always have money in the PP account, not so anymore.

Then there is hubby who asks me if we have money in the PP account when he wants to buy something! I don't know how many times I told him that I don't keep money in there. I would be like never cashing a paycheck but leaving it in the companies account! Very Happy
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced that Stripe is all that bad. I do have a few issues with how they authorize addresses tho.

Does anyone know if the Amazon payments are fee competitive with the existing two we have now ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: