eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Disapprove Attributes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you what part of the problem is. Punctuation which we are used to handling a certain way is different with google. These attributes are showing on your actual listing. Any attribute that is showing on a listing that a buyer can see has a problem with it. The ones below are showing on the cultured pearl listing

Quote:
[! size: 1/2 inch!][! color: cream/gold!]

You can not have a space after the exclamation points. You can not have a space after the colon. So this is how they should look:

[!size:1/2inch!][!color:cream/gold!]

If you are inserting these on the google attribute page itself, make sure you are not inserting a letter with a space in front of it when filling the page out.

Also you would only ever use: [!identifier_exsists:false!] ONCE per listing. Google doesn't need to know for which of the main three things is missing. If you don't have anything in the main three attributes GTIN/UPC/etc. then 'seeing' that the bots know you don't have that information. You then use the other attributes to help describe what you are listing, but you do have to watch those spaces. Smile

Look on each of your listings and see if others are inadvertently showing attributes that need repaired. I know it is a pain and we ALL do it. Sheila has even let me know when she has seen some in my listings. Smile Thankfully you don't have even 100 listings yet. This came into being when I was already up to 8000 listings that needed attributes!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh BTW, I was just looking at some of your listings. Sterling Silver Diamond Cut anklet has a lot of problems showing. Also I noted that you need your main pictures to be a certain size otherwise you have a google ad in between your descriptions and your other listings. Sorry, I have no idea the size but someone else will know.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am now hoping i have gotten them correct just have about 20 more to go and then have to work on pictures....Thanks for the help
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. I suspect of all the things here at eCRATER we might complain about, the attributes is the worst by far! We had rules to go by when they first started, and then they changed them and then changed them again and again and it seems like they are doing it continually. When they 'lowered the boom' last May and said that if we didn't have our attributes in place properly we wouldn't have any google shopping exposure. With as many listings as I had I had to decide to spend every waking moment for months fixing everything, or fix them as I could, I choose fix them as I could. So far I have fixed around 2000+. I do it as part of my tweaking when something sells or when promoting new listings. By the time I get them all fixed google will have changed things a few more times. When I was still at ebay, ebay kept coming up with new rules and at the end of a whole year+ doing mostly fixing listings just in time to have more changes thrown at us, I decided never again! To sell you have to be listing and fixing perfectly good listings doesn't help me sell, at least not that I can see although the I'm sure it should be helping.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVERETIREMENT wrote:
when you put in the identifier_exists False how does google know what attribute it is for ?

Here is, what Google says:

"identifier_exists: Definition
Use the identifier_exists attribute to indicate that unique product identifiers aren’t available for your product. Unique product identifiers include gtin, mpn, and brand.

When to use
Required only for new products that don’t have gtin and brand or mpn and brand.

If your product is new (which you submit through the condition attribute) and it doesn’t have a gtin and brand or mpn and brand then submit identifier_exists with a value of no.

Products that might not have unique product identifiers include:

Custom goods or one-of-a-kind items, like custom T-shirts, art, or handmade goods
Products produced before GTINs were introduced, like vintage products, antiques, books published before 1970, and other special items".

---
You can read and learn more details in the Google Merchant Center Help (with emphasis on Product data requirements :
https://support.google.com/merchants#topic=3404818

P.S. "a value of no" mentioned above is the same with FALSE, because supported values are: yes (TRUE) or no (FALSE)
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes im sure glad i did not have thousands to do like you did..yes Ebay was always changing things too...just about the time i have one thing figured out they change it again...
How can i know which pictures need to be fixed ?? Is there a message i'm missing or how can you tell about the pictures?
Thanks Again Smile
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtistsUnion, thanks for the info i am hoping i have it right now Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty easy to tell. Open a page in your listings and see. Visually the picture is smaller, and it will have a google ad directly under the description. Here is an example (only an example of the picture being too small, I didn't look at anything else).

Australian Natural Genuine Chrome Chalcedony 1.25ctw 6mm Round Checkerboard Cut Set Of 2 -- Picture is fine

1.15ctw Genuine Amethyst Oval Solitaire Ring .925 Sterling Silver Size 7 -- picture is too small, note the ad as well as the visually smaller photo.

Make sure the page has completely loaded as it seems the ad wa the last thing to load with the ring.

Hope this helps. Once you have all these fixed up, you will find that the next couple of thousands of listings go so much easier! Very Happy

Question. Do you make all this jewelry and that is why they don't have any of the three main attributes? Or do you buyer them already made and then it seems as if you should have some things like brands and MPN (such as a stock number of some sort for ordering)?
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make alot and some have purchased at estate sales but none have come with any of the 3 things needed..
Ok found the pic thing ...Thank You !
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: 20Invalid GTIN value? Reply with quote

Hi , can someone help me, after lost added items I found this kind errors
20Invalid GTIN value, what can I do?
After reading here i added identifier_exists and Attribute-Value false, but it is sill with errors, what can I add else ?
Thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@leathergloves - Can you please post all your attributes as they look on the bottom of your listing page (not from the google page) it would help us see exactly how you are inputting your attributes. That seems the easiest way for us to help. Also give us the name of the listing that corresponds to the attributes.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can not have a space after the exclamation points. You can not have a space after the colon. So this is how they should look:

[!size:1/2inch!][!color:cream/gold!]
[/quote]

check for this on the bottom of you admin pages ...that is what they had me do , and it worked for me it should look like above for all attributes on the bottom of edit pages..the other thing would be if you added identifier_exists false..i did not get a answer when i asked but maybe the red error stays at the top of the attributes page until it gets updated again by google (do not know for sure or not)

Otherwise I.m sure that Moonwishes can maybe give you example to follow to make it correct... good luck Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retirement, some of those 'errors' do hang around till the next upload or it may even take several weeks to 'fix' after you have fixed it. Once you know that it is fixed, don't keep messing with it. When the attributes first came out, I never got flagged for having an error. Then as google changed the rules I started getting them. Currently have 5800 listings that are missing a unique identifier and 1970 listings that are disapproved (there is an overlap of them). All from basically the same amount of listings over the years! I sell things and add things and that is part of my regular count of inventory changing. With what I sell, anything before a certain date doesn't have a UPC so they get the identifier_exists:false designation and then are red flagged until when? I don't know.

This whole thing is a pain in the neck and I certainly haven't seen my sales increase on the over 2000+ listings that are considered correct! As a matter of fact they seem to have gotten worse. This is the worst February for sales since I started selling. BUT, better some coverage for them, than none at all. Of my few sales so far this month here, all but one has been through the MP which is very unusal for me. I suspect something has changed again that we (including the ecrater team) doesn't know about yet.
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
@leathergloves - Can you please post all your attributes as they look on the bottom of your listing page (not from the google page) it would help us see exactly how you are inputting your attributes. That seems the easiest way for us to help. Also give us the name of the listing that corresponds to the attributes.

Hi and Thanks for reply !
this is a one of listing what showing in error

http://www.ecrater.com/admin/gbattribs.php?pid=26210964&cid=0&

Attribute Name
Brand
gtin
color
identifier_exists
material
style
size

Attribute Value

New
EAN
Black
False
deerskin
S
winter
Perfect gift for yourself or someone you care![!brand:New!][!gtin:EAN!][!color:Black!][!material:Deerskin!][!size:S!][!style:Winter!][!identifier_exists :FALSE!]

And now it is showing 24 errors not 20
Sad
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MoonwishesStore"] do you think I need to have more then 2000 items to start selling ? Shocked I hope so much to be active seller here, because I like this site. But any way I'll need more time to understand how is it works Rolling Eyes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: