SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Disapprove Attributes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Leathergloves

No I don't think anyone needs 2000 items to start selling! However, unless you have one or a couple really hot items that is making you a good profit and you sell several a day, you do need sufficient quantity for you to be noticed. Many new sellers and older ones too, to bulk up their store, mix in all sorts of items. They will say that they specialize in formal shoes, but since they have only three pairs, will sell some used books or videos, and other odds and ends of things. but it isn't enough of any of it to get buyer's attention. And if you have only 3 pairs of shoes for sell, you can't (or at least in my opinion) say that you are specializing in shoes. You may want to do that, but you need a lot more shoes and shoe related items such as socks, nylons, shoe polish, etc. I sell within a niche and have been expanding outward over the last year, with some good results. BUT, I didn't expand by selling cell phones or even worse cell phone cases. I stayed within the sewing and crafting niche.

One important point as to how much you have to have listed, is what is your sales goal for the month? How many items do you want to sell per month? I asked that of a newbie once and he wanted to sell 60 items per month. The problem was he only had 40 listings. Do you see the problem? He can't hit his sales goal because he didn't have enough product to do so unless he has multiples of everything for sale. Even with over 8000 items listed it takes me selling on more than one venue to hit over 60 items sold in a month. Some may have an easier time of it than I do, but these are the kind of things you have to think about.

Now about the attributes. The link you gave me was for a page within your admin pages which I can't access. Also seeing the attribute name and value in two lists like they are displaying doesn't help us see what might be wrong as it is hard to catch the simple things like extra spaces, etc. In case seeing an example helps, the below is how I would set up attributes for one of my patterns. They may have dropped some of the attributes, but until they start disapproving them, I keep using them.

[!brand:McCall's!]
[!mpn:7548,M7548!]
[!department:women's plus size!]
[!size:18W-24W!]
[!style:women's wardrobe,knit wardrobe, knit jacket,unlined jacket, knit tops, knit pants, knit skirt!]
[!year:2017!]
[!upc:023795587204!]

Here is what you copied and what I see that is wrong.

[!brand:New!] - New is not a brand name. You can not use 'brand new' as an attribute. Brand's value should be Nike, Coca-Cola, IBM and such.
[!gtin:EAN!] - EAN is another attribute that you can possibly use, so it is not a proper value for 'gtin'
[!color:Black!]
[!material:Deerskin!]
[!size:S!]
[!style:Winter!] - Winter does not describe a style. The style should be leather gloves, winter gloves, deerskin gloves
[!identifier_exists :FALSE!] - you left a space between exists and the colon and it took me several times looking at it to spot it as the other stuff was standing out! Very Happy

Hopefully this helps you and the others that are struggling with this.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Leathergloves, the link you posted was to the page in your administration section which can only be seen when someone is logged into your store. What Moonwishes was requesting was to see how your attributes look at the end of the description as seen in your admin, which you provided.
[!brand:New!][!gtin:EAN!][!color:Black!][!material:Deerskin!][!size:S!][!style:Winter!][!identifier_exists :FALSE!]

In the future, if you want to give someone a link to your item on eCrater make sure to go to preview to see your store as a customer, find the item and copy the link from that location. Here's a link to the item we are discussing:
http://leathergloves.ecrater.com/p/26210964/mens-deerskin-leather-gloves-hand . Notice it does not say admin and it includes the name of your store.

Now, about your attributes, your gloves do not have a brand name or a gtin. A gtin is a Global Trade Item Number. This is a number assigned by a manufacturer (that they pay for) which will identify that item on a global trading market. Handmade items do not have a gtin and rarely have a brand name. This is why Google Shopping began allowing the use of the attribute title identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. You need to delete brand and gtin.

Any item listed in the eCRATER Global Category of Clothing & Shoes (which includes Accessories) is required by Google Shopping to have the attributes of color, size, gender, and age-group in the Google feed. The good news is that eCRATER automatically adds the last two (gender and age_group) attributes based on the Global Category a seller selects when adding the item. So that leave 2 required attributes, color and size, that MUST be added by the seller, either in code to the end of the description or to the Google Attributes table.

If your item has more than one color, add both colors separated by a / with no spaces. In other words, if the pair of gloves is made from two leathers, black and brown, you would enter the attribute title of color with an attribute value of black/brown. You can not use this attribute to say the gloves can be made in either black or brown. If the gloves are available in all black OR all brown, that would be 2 listings with each listing stating the actual color of the gloves in the listing. Multiple colors are only used when the single item has multiple colors. This is an example where you would use color with a value of Blue/Brown : http://www.ecrater.com/p/26211006/mens-gloves-leather-driving-for-men .

The other Required attribute for gloves would be size. You can enter either a number OR letter.

You can also use the attribute of Material, but it is not required. If your item is made of 2 different materials, you can list them both with the slash like color. Technically, a pair of leather gloves with a wool lining could have a material attribute value of leather/wool, but personally I wouldn't list the lining. If the gloves themselves are a combination of cotton cloth and leather, then I would list both cotton/leather. (I have a pair of cotton driving gloves with leather palm and finger pads.)

So, the attributes for http://www.ecrater.com/p/26210964/mens-deerskin-leather-gloves-hand would be
[!identifier_exists:FALSE!] [!color:black!] [!size:S!] [!material:deerskin leather/napa leather!]

ps: There are two ways to spell napa, either with one or two p. Generally when you are referring to high grade leather from kids or lambs it is spelled with one p. The spelling with 2 p often refers to cheaper synthetic leather. To avoid confusion, personally IMHO, I'd use the napa spelling to refer to a high grade leather so there's no confusion.

@leathergloves, you need to review every item in your store from the preview page to really see which items need correction. There are a number of errors in the descriptions that I believe are the result of your correcting some errors without deleting information. Especially confusing is the fact the glove comes in one size, but you still have information about contacting your for the size that should have been deleted. It's also a good way to catch other errors before you go on to add additional items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for adding that in Sheila, since it is an area that I don't sell in. In general, the corrections I made would be correct depending on the item that is listed.

I have been working quite a bit on my attributes the last two days and my 'disapproved' number has gone down so it feels like whatever I am doing is right Very Happy

Time to pay the bills and then get back to work.
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MoonwishesStore"]@Leathergloves

This is very helpful !!!!
Now I can see, in my store it is looks like so bad. Sad
I changed attributes brand and ean ... I got this message
<Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan. > and that's why I added before these attributes.

So why it is asking me to add these attributes ?
I would like to get 30 sales per month for start Very Happy

http://leathergloves.ecrater.com/p/26385008/mens-driving-gloves-italian-lambskin

thanks a lot for help !
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SheilaDeesPostcards

[!brand:New!][!gtin:EAN!][!color:Black!][!material:Deerskin!][!size:S!][!style:Winter!][!identifier_exists :FALSE!]
Thanks for reply.
for example In attributes for style I can add more details like:
driving gloves/mens gloves/...or just one and one word: Style -Driving?
and if I can add two words, how should I do 'driving gloves' or 'driving/gloves ' or 'driving-gloves' (to write without space)

'ps: There are two ways to spell napa, either with one or two p. Generally when you are referring to high grade leather from kids or lambs it is spelled with one p. The spelling with 2 p often refers to cheaper synthetic leather. To avoid confusion, personally IMHO, I'd use the napa spelling to refer to a high grade leather so there's no confusion. ' thanks for this info. I didn't know Wink

Thanks a lot !
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Google WANTS those attributes IF you have them. Since you don't you put in identifier_exists:false . However, when you do that you will continue to have your listing red flagged with the request for one of those three items. As long as you are sure that you inputted everything else correctly, then you can ignore that listing. You can double check that the rest of the attributes are correct by seeing what the listing looks like in preview and if there are no attributes/values/brackets, etc. at the very bottom of your description, then you know that you got it written correctly.

For example: http://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/p/26051319/simplicity-sewing-pattern-8959-mens-misses?keywords=8959 is one of my patterns that doesn't have a UPC (too old) so it is being red flagged for the lack of a UPC code in my admin listing pages. However, everything else is okay and you don't see any stray attributes on the bottom of the listing like a buyer might see. So that is one way to tell if you got the attributes correct. I just fixed this one on Monday so it may not have worked it's way into GS yet.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leathergloves wrote:
I changed attributes brand and ean ... I got this message
<Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan. > and that's why I added before these attributes.

The message you are seeing is from eCRATER to let you know that Google Shopping requires a GTIN (upc/ean/jan) and brand for all items listed as new or new - other. If the item is new AND does not have brand and GTIN, then you use the identifier_exists with the value FALSE. Once you add the Identifier_exists attribute, you have to wait for the next feed from eCRATER to Google Shopping (GS) to upload that information to GS. After the information is uploaded to GS, they have to process the information. At some point, (time unknown by me) eCRATER will know the item was accepted by GS and remove the message. In the meantime, if your item is new, you know it does not have a brand AND gtin, you have added the identifier_exists attribute with a value of False, then don't worry about it. The message will go away at some point in the future.

Leathergloves wrote:
for example In attributes for style I can add more details like:
driving gloves/mens gloves/...or just one and one word: Style -Driving?
and if I can add two words, how should I do 'driving gloves' or 'driving/gloves ' or 'driving-gloves' (to write without space)
Through the last few years we've gone from having no Google Attributes, to having a large selection of attributes we could chose to use, to the present where some attributes are required, a few are optional and many are not supported in GS. Sellers have tried to add all attributes that would be helpful only to find later that new ones are required and older ones no longer accepted. The eCRATER team has said that they simply ignore any attributes we list that are no longer accepted by GS, so those are not included on the feed. We have been told by eCRATER that those attributes "might be helpful" to other search engines. Style is an attribute that is no longer supported by GS. So the choice of using it is totally optional and it doesn't matter how you list the value, it will not be sent to GS. Personally, I wouldn't bother with adding it to new listings.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: