eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Disapprove Attributes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Google Disapprove Attributes Reply with quote

I have fixed all my gemstone listings and they finally got approved...BUT i make the jewelry and it wants a brand , upc ect i do not have that so if i put in the color that it wants ,,then i get still disapproved and if i also add identifier_exists False it removes it and still wants brand....also it is adding all the google attributes i put in ...on my pages....what on earth is wrong??
Please help so frustrated here Rolling Eyes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used my name as the brand for my pdf knitting and crocheting designs; brand - LaStade and I use the identifier_exists false with it. I have never received a disapproval. There may be a difference because you have a different product than I do but they are original designs by you so you may wish to at least try that to see if it works for you.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i might have to try that and see if it works Smile
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[! identifier_exists: FALSE!]
This is almost correct except NO space before identifier_exists and NO space before FALSE
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that information suppose to be showing on my store page listing?

[! identifier_exists: FALSE!]

when i add it on G on the admin page of my listing i do not put any spaces....how is it getting on my store page ?
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows here that You have added 4 spaces (and twice the same attribute): [! identifier_exists: FALSE!][! identifier_exists: FALSE!]

Maybe You don't realize them on Your 'Manage Google Attributes' page, so try to fix it on the bottom of the listing basic page (edit it and in the description delete this extra attribute and in the one You will keep, delete spaces) and it should be fine.

When You make changes in the point A (scroll to the bottom of the item description), it will automatically be changed in the point B (and vice versa):

Last edited by ArtistsUnion on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks so much and the example was of great help, i think i now have all the gemstones fixed .....BUT still cannot get the jewelry to work , it is handmade so have only color and nothing else and it seems to still want

Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan.

I tried the identifier_exits False for the brand and upc/ean/jan...and left color but still not working......

How do i get my Jewery Listings to work for Google...they are such a pain in the Evil or Very Mad
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have added into UPC attribute's value another attribute along with its value - [! upc:identifier_exists false!]. You can't do such a collage...

UPC (Universal Product Code) is a unique numerical identifiers for commercial products that’s usually associated with a barcode printed on retail merchandise.
It has 12 numeric digits and is used primarily in North America. It is also called GTIN-12 and UPC-A.

If Your item doesn't have it, You can't use it or add in its value anything else.

If You have handmade item, instead of GTIN atributes (UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN) use only identifier_exists (it's an attribute name, so add it in the left column on Your 'Manage Google Attributes' page under 'Attribute Name') and then this attribute's value FALSE (in the right column, under 'Attribute Value').

Or, as before, scroll Your description to the bottom and change this [! upc:identifier_exists false!] to [!identifier_exists:FALSE!]

Then You can add some other attributes as well, e.g. color (You can add up to 3 main colors), size, material, etc.

Last edited by ArtistsUnion on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sorry this is where i get more confused alot..... how should this page look??

Artisan Crafted Mozambique Garnet Ring in SS Sz 8 TGW 0.81 cts.

Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan.

Status Issue Severity Date Location Value
disapproved validation/missing_required critical color

Attribute Name Attribute Value ?
color red
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start with the below attributes and later add more (I don't know the size, etc.), maybe somebody with similar items can give You more tips.

If You will add them in the bottom of the description, copy and paste this:

[!identifier_exists:FALSE!][!color:red!][!material:sterling silver, garnet!][!weight:3.30 gram!]

if on the 'Manage Google Attributes' page, write in the left column ('Attribute Name'):

identifier_exists
color
material
weight

and then in the right column ('Attribute Value'):

FALSE
red
sterling sliver, garnet
3.30 gram

Be very careful here, NO SPACES before and after these words.

And, in point number 1, You will see there the product_type attribute, DON'T change at all, leave it as it has been added automatically based on Your category.
Add Your new attributes below it.

Good luck!

Last edited by ArtistsUnion on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i tried both ways but still wants brand ect OR does that not go away until the next update ?? And i made sure to take out any spaces

Also i put in the weight and got a message that ecrater does that (not sure what that meant) but i took it out

I really appreciate all you have done for me it all has been a great help...now if google would just co-operate Smile
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

Maybe somebody with items in the same category will help You with some more specific attributes.

Quote:
"does that not go away until the next update"

On the 'Manage Products' page there is this info:

** Google disapproved items are updated once per month
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rings should also have sizes so [!size:8!] or whatever size it may be. Necklaces have lengths, [!style:necklace!] or ring, bracelet, whatever you have.

You have to understand that as annoying as these attributes are, they are supposedly a way for Google to help answer searches better. Someone looking for a size 8 garnet ring, you listing should come up. So you need to look at the drop down list of attributes (some may have been retired and haven't yet been taken of the list) but each attribute that you see that a piece of your jewelry has then use it. such as if it is a man or woman's ring, makeup of the item, and anything else.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes , i at one time had all that stuff in there and they all came back disapproved ....i have been trying to fix these for at least 4 months to no avail...when i look at the drop down menu( for example it states size S,M,L ect my rings and necklaces have sizes and lengths not S,M,L...but i have put sizes in previously as stated and still does not work.....also was putting in metal type sterling silver that did not work either, then for brand or upc/gtn i used idenfifier-exists False.....and that did not work then i sent a email to Ecrater and they sent back telling me to do this on this item

Genuine Elegant Cultured Pearl 14KT YG Drop Earrings NEW

Attribute Name Attribute Value

size ½ inch

color cream/gold

gender female

age_group adult

identifier_exists False

I did exactly that and it still does not work and sometimes somethings state not a value with ecrater or ecrater automatically adds this.....
I am not a stupid person why does this have to be so hard for me and what am i doing WRONG???

Also when you put in the identifier_exists False how does google know what attribute it is for ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: