eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why My Items Are Not Shown IN Ecrater Search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WatchesMall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Why My Items Are Not Shown IN Ecrater Search Reply with quote

my store on ecrater is new ... i sell watches .... google shopping is active , my items successfully inserted .... but when do search on ecrater writing | men watches OR women watches i do not see any of my items on ecrater pages !!! ......

any help to know why ... thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they are there, http://www.ecrater.com/filter.php?keywords=+%09+Men+Watch+Chronofraph+Stainless+Steel+Leather+Band+black+Dial+Black+BezelCasual+Watch or http://www.ecrater.com/filter.php?cid=0&keywords=+%09+%09Women+Watch+Chronograph+Stainless+Steel+Silver+Band+Black+Dial+Quartz+Watch

I would recommended working on your titles, something like Stainless Steel Women's Watch with Black Dial (or face). I don't know how common the word Chronograph is, stopwatch might be a better word..but I may be wrong.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do an eCRATER search, you have to be precise. One letter wrong and your search will come up with nothing. Looking at your listings by clicking on the www on your post, I see that your grammar is not fluent English.
This may be affecting your search results. So if you type womens watch in the search and your actual title is women watch, you will not get a result.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To late to change it now, but your store name would have probably sounded better to American eyes and ears if it had been called Watch Mall. I went to see your store and came upon your home page and saw your welcome text that really needs to be fixed for proper grammar, etc. Currently, this is what you have:

Quote:
WatchesMall is online watches retailer ,wide selection of men & women watches ..... lots of models at different styles dress,casual,fashion ... high quality watches at competitive prices .. very responsive customer service ...

I would suggest something like this:

Quote:
WatchesMall is an online watch retailer, with a wide selection of men and women’s watches. We have lots of models in different styles both for dress p and casual use. Our high quality watches are priced competitively. We are happy to offer you exceptional customer service.

You need complete sentences and all those little dots (periods) are distracting and don't do anything but show off that your sentences aren't complete. Also, is that a photo of YOUR actual store in the picture or did you 'borrow' it from elsewhere. If it isn't your own brick and mortar store, get rid of it as it is, at least in my mind, deceitful. You are trying to make your store look like something that it isn't. It would be much better to have a photo of a watch there instead.

I saw a couple of listings. In one I noted this at the beginning of the description:

Quote:
-- Please keep in contact with us .... Please check always your email for messages from us -----

This has nothing to do with describing your watches and does not belong in the description. It is considered 'boilerplate' which Google heavily frowns on.

In your titles you are repeating the word 'watch' twice. That is not necessary.
Quote:
Men Watch Casual Chronograph Stainless Steel Black Dial Quartz 44mm Watch
Might do better as
Quote:
Men's Man’s Casual Quartz Watch Stainless Steel Link Band Case 44mm Black Dial Chronograph
which comes to 90 characters and you are allowed 100 character titles.

Your description is merely a list of features that are hard to read as they are all in small print (no capital letters), no division between things like:

Quote:
dial color black
band color silver

It might look better this way:

Dial: Black
Band: Silver toned, link style, fits 9" wrist (you can not call something gold or silver unless they are actual made with those metals, otherwise it is false advertising)

I would suggest an actual sentence or two about the watch before you give a list of its qualities. The search engines will look at the title as well as the beginning of the description which should have plenty of keywords about the product. Like do any of these watches have name brands? Are they authentic? Very important here. You are not allowed to sell knock offs, pirated items of any kind. Assuming they have name brands, you need to mention them in the titles and the description.

Hope some of this is of help to you. All these hints will help your listings show up better on both eCRATER and the different search engines. Don't forget that as a new seller it can take a while before you get any sales.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: