eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

flat rate shipping question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OHealthO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: flat rate shipping question Reply with quote

if i offer 2-day flat rate shipping for an unlimited number of items per order, do i select FLAT RATE SHIPPING and enter the rate, and in the box that says WITH ANOTHER ITEM, enter the same rate or enter 0 since the rate won't increase with another item? just confused myself. Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system you have describe would work, but let me suggest another way. I am assuming that your store is going to have one (1) shipping rate and that rate will be charged whether the customer orders 1 or 20 items. If this assumption is correct, then I'm going to pick a shipping rate of $5.00 to use as an example.

You could use the weight matrix and simply enter $5.00 in every column for every row except the very last column (16+) where you would enter $0.00. If you have an item that would have $0.00 shipping, you could either select Flat Rate and enter $0.00 in both boxes OR select Free Shipping which would result in the words "Free Shipping" to be shown on the item page. To use this system you would need to select "Weight Matrix" for every item and enter the "weight" as 1.

The real positive for this system would be the ease of changing your shipping when the rates increase since you would only have to update the matrix. The negative would be the inability to revert to the USPS Calculated system in the future without changing all your weights on every item page.
OHealthO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, SheilaDeesPostcards!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

The important thing to remember about the eCRATER checkout system is the order. The checkout system will check to see if you are using USPS Calculated. If yes, it will be used for every item.

If USPS Calculated is Not used, then the system checks what is on the item page (free or Flat Rate), and last the weight matrix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: