eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google attributes for sports cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james-jewelry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Google attributes for sports cards Reply with quote

Hi everyone:

My name is James, and my question has to do with, of course what I posted in the title. Of course with one of the big kids (auction sites) on the block you can pretty much put anything to describe sports cards. Same thing with jewelry that I build. But eCrater has some limitations as far as that goes.

I just want to be able to post basic information about the sports cards that I am listing. Year, product or company that produced it, and what it is. A rookie card, an autograph, a game used card. Short print, sequentially numbered. Those kind of things. And I'm not real sure how to go about that. I sure would appreciate any pointers on that. Thanks in advance. James
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello James,

Not sure if all that you wrote has to do with attributes, but for your actual eCRATER listing you can list everything that you need to say about the cards or jewelry. (Oh, and you are allowed to name names such as ebay). As to attributes, you would want to fill those in with as much info as you can as well. Cards and jewelry aren't my niche by a long shot so hopefully others that sell those types of things or are just better at doing attributes for eclectic items can help out.

Just remember that if you think you need it in attributes then you need it written out in your item description. If it is in your description then you should check if there is an attribute for it.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go look at ebay for "item specifics" and see what compares to what is really called google attributes.

Just equate what they have entered to the actual attribute here.

Ecrater says you need at least 2. like we all know "brand" is one, I would just look through those at ebay see what gives.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ECRATER says you need at least 2.
This changed almost a year ago.

Here on eCRATER we now need at least 3: Brand, manufacturers number, UPC/ISBN plus anything else that applies. If you don't have one of the big three, you use identifier_exists:false.

I wouldn't bother looking at ebay as there is no way to differentiate what is and isn't a google attribute that you should be using. On your home page where you list, there are six icons to the right of a listings titles. One of them is a G, click on the G and you will get a form for entering attributes and values. There is also a little ? to the right of the values. If you click on that you will see the possible attributes you can use. Some of them may no longer be current, but it will help. You can also put the attributes in as part of your listing, which a lot of use do since if we are listing a lot of similar items, it is easier to copy/paste.

Some points to remember if listing directly on the listing:
attributes must be in all small letters with NO empty spaces and with a colon at the end of the attributes, for example this: "brand:". For the value of the attribute, you may use capital letters and a comma and space between values, for example this: "Dell" So the complete attribute and value is this:

attribute brand value Dell

If you are entering these on your listing page, you list them at the bottom of the page and you need to use these symbols:

[!brand:Dell!]

[!color:red, white!]

If you look at your completed listings and see any part of your attribute on the actual listing page, that means you have made a mistake that needs repaired. I believe that we all do it at times. If you see a red exclamation mark in your administration area, next to any listing, it means that you could have left something out, that you did something wrong or you may have had to use the identifier-exists attribute, which at least in my experience always will have the red exclamation mark.

You need to follow eCRATER's/googles rules for these, thus no reason to go to ebay as you will not be able to see what is really being used by those sellers when it comes to attributes. It is kind of like listing something on Amazon and using ebay rules to do so. Each site has their on rules and ways of doing things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: