eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Handmade and Artisan websites choices discussion.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkrock, your store is very nice on Ecrater. I put some of your Artisan Jewelry on the Pinterest Handmade Ecrater board. Do you make them yourself? They are very pretty.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
barkrock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you!

Yes, I make all my items myself.

I buy some of the components - i.e. gems, chains, prongs and findings; but even then many are altered. (I use a lot of non-calibrated size gems.) The more elaborate artisan settings are entirely made by me by hand. Many are unique, one-of-a-kind pieces. Gems in all my items are all handset by me.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barkrock wrote:

Yes, I make all my items myself.

If you would like to promote your items on the Handmade by Ecrater Artisans Pinterest board let me know. I need to know what your name is on Pinterest.
barkrock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promotion is always good and thank you for the offer.

My account there is Barking Rock. I use some variation of that - barkrock, barkingrock, barkingrockfarm - everyplace I sell/advertise.

I haven't used Pintrest for a very long time. That's probably just me and my intense dislike of any social media; but there it is. Embarassed
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barkrock wrote:

I haven't used Pintrest for a very long time. That's probably just me and my intense dislike of any social media; but there it is. Embarassed

Pinterest is very good for getting noticed. I hope that you will accept the invitation and pin some more of your pretty jewelry there.

As Moon said; if we all try to work together we can make Ecrater a place where shoppers come to buy those unique handmade items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
That's probably just me and my intense dislike of any social media; but there it is. Embarassed

Using Pinterest as a promotianal thing is much different than just doing it for fun. It is also a way to help out other sellers. At times I have found lego oriented quilts and afghans,etc. and I pass them on to the lego sellers, just because something like that build up interest and then they may also notice the very thing their grandson if pinning for.

I use Pinterest for both fun and work so I get the best of both worlds.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Pinterest... Reply with quote

Thank you for inviting me on Pinterest lastade-designs. I am a little less intimidated now but I still do not understand how it works.

It will be a while until I am fluent.

It is so nice that you started this handmade on eCrater page.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I understand Pinterest is that it is a personal bulletin board full of ideas. When a person has an interest they can type that interest in the search box and all kinds of pins come up. You can look further at the pin and if you like it you can repin it to your own bulleting board.

When I was making costumes for our high school musical, I found all kinds of ideas for costumes on Pinterest. The ideas really helped me make some great costumes.

The Handmade by Ecrater Artisan board is a group board. We want to have people from Ecrater that make handmade items pin to the board their listings on Ecrater. That will draw people to check out the items at their stores but also it promotes Ecrater.
I have personally made some sales from pinning my Ecrater listings to my boards. It is free and easy to do. The best kind of promoting!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have personally made some sales from pinning my Ecrater listings to my boards. It is free and easy to do. The best kind of promoting!

Absolutely! Over the years I have really built up my Pinterest site. One of the things that some are scared of is pinning too many things at a time to Pinterest so they won't pin more than 2-4 things a day. I have had days where I'm sure that I pinned 50-100 items. If they are of interest to me, I'm not going to bypass them because I have some arbitrary number in my head of the number of Pins I can do in a day. I sell in a sewing niche here and for the most part my Pinterest site is all about the sewing niche, so some of those Ideas I really want to do! (if I live to be 602!) Pinterest isn't like Facebook in that way where you don't want to inundate readers on Facebook and have them think all you do is push things that you are selling. On Pinterest you are posting things to YOUR boards and you can post as many things as you like. No one of your followers will get 2-3 pages worth of your pins. When you go to Pinterest you can see what all the pinners that you follow are pinning and if you like a pin, you repin it to an appropriate board on your Pinterest site. Over time you will want to have all your items pinned to your boards and you should get sales. Last year I had 39 sales through Pinterest and this year so far 11 (but a much slower year than last year).

At least in the beginning, follow anyone who follows you unless they have a skanky board with half naked women on it. I mean normal boards. Eventually if your site gets big enough, like mine has, you can't even begin to keep up with following everyone that follows you.

Hope these thoughts will be of some help. Very Happy
barkrock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of the odd people who really, really dislikes social media.

But as soon as I have a free rainy day when there are no crisies or unavoidable distractions going on, I'll check into Pintrest in more depth.

I do have to admit I don't understand why anyone would be there, unless they were busy pimping their merchandise for sale!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barkrock wrote:
I'm one of the odd people who really, really dislikes social media.

But as soon as I have a free rainy day when there are no crisies or unavoidable distractions going on, I'll check into Pintrest in more depth.

I do have to admit I don't understand why anyone would be there, unless they were busy pimping their merchandise for sale!

Because it is a wonderful way to sort and organize all the neat ideas that you find on the internet, whether you garden, sew, do woodwork, home remodeling, etc. You can find boards all over Pinterest that speak to your favorite/s. As a sewer I would find some many nifty quilting or embroidery ideas and even if I saved them to my computer, I never found a practical way to keep them and sort them. With Pinterest, I have that ability. I think I am up to 100 boards with pictures of all sorts of ideas. Since most of my Pinterest boards are sewing related, posting my sewing patterns and craft supplies on my Pinterest site is only natural and I have received orders through Pinterest, so I don't consider it 'pimping but real 'promoting'.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add a final note about Pinterest. Pinterest is different from other social media in that you are not holding quickie conversations with friends, family and acquaintances unlike Facebook and twitter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: