eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just starting out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collagebycollins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Just starting out... Reply with quote

Hi, if anyone has any tip or tricks....please send them along. eCrater is a little hard to get the hang of...lots of "code" that I'm not familiar with. (+ - * / set) I just started my marketplace a few days ago...lots to learn! Thanks, Jo collagebycollins
[url]ecrater.com/collagebycollins[/url]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater, you are losing valuable space in your descriptions and titles. The first lines should be all about the product, not about what is/isn't included. In fact your description should be all about the item, anything else should be in the FAQ's and about you areas. This item http://collagebycollins.ecrater.com/p/27492089/blue-brown-tan-wall-art , no where does it say what it made of..lots of what it isn't made of. I am thinking it is on paper. I would redo the title to something "Faith, Live, Love, Dream, Dream Prints on High Quality Paper". Put the important things up front. And sizes.

Beautiful pieces, I hope you do well.
collagebycollins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks SammysSupplies !
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. Funny most new folks are upset due to lack of html! LOL There is no code to learn at all. Those symbols that you mention I beleive you may have seen in the global editor maybe? They are literally plus, minu, times, divide - not code.

I can see that you did an excellent job setting up your store, but there are a few things to fix.

In your terms you have this sentence "Pay with Visa Pay with Master Card Pay with American Express Pay with Discover Pay with PayPal " Much too convoluted. How about 'we accept credit cards through PayPal', since many folks aren't going to know what in the world Master Card Pay is. I sure don't have any cards like that! Many buyers can get confused about the simplest things.

I noticed this on the end of your Yellow Gray bathroom art "[! color:yellow gray!]" The reason this is visible, or anytime a Google attribute is visible on a listing is if it was made correctly. You have space between the first exclamation point and the c for color. No spaces are allowed there. It should be [!color:yellow gray!]

What Sammy mentioned is correct as well so I won't say it all over again.

Your default picture I believe is a bit too small as you have an advertisement between your listing and the thumbnails for more of our goods. Some will see the ad and think there is nothing else to see. There may be some other reasons for the ad, but usually it is because of pictures size.

You also have some items where your description looks like this which is almost unreadable the way it comes up:

"FRAMES ARE NOT INCLUDED"PRINTS ONLY"Original Art and Design ©Jo Collins intellectual property exclusive rights................................gradient shades ofaqua teal coral orangeUNFRAMED PRINTSChevron Zigzag Print Wall Art Inspirational Motivational Live Laugh Love Hope................................DESCRIPTION(4) FOUR 5x7 inch UNFRAMEDART PRINTSartwork is created digitally................................printed onWausau/Neenah ©Royal Linen White 80lb Cover PHOTO PAPERsubtle embossed linen finish.............................IMPORTANT INFORMATIONUNFRAMED ART PRINTSframes are NOT includedframes are needed for hangingthey are NOT plaquesthey are NOT canvasthey are NOT wall stickers *please note that there can be a slight variation in colordue to differences in monitor/tablet/smart phone display ................................SHIPPINGart prints can take up to 6 - 9 business days to receive in handone to two days for printing plus an additional 2-5 days for deliveryUSPS First Class Mail Package................................REFUND POLICYmust be returned in the same excellent condition and packaging as received................................ABOUT JO COLLINS Original Art and Design©Jo Collins intellectual property exclusive rights...designing since 1997......pricing not only includes prints, but the time that is involved in creating my wall art.......they are original digital art designs, and I am honored to share them with you...... thank you ... Proudly made inThe United States of America"

Hope this helps!
collagebycollins

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/ wow! Thank you so much for the excellent advice! I am aware that have to go through every listing individually to fix the wording on all of my items, as the eBay import didn't transfer correctly....time consuming, but it will get done. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to help, http://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/
Good luck with your store! Jo http://collagebycollins.ecrater.com
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome, any time. Glad to help. Be sure to check out the thread about handmade items and there is a link to the ecrater board for handmade items which I believe that your things fit under.

Etsy seems to be trying to shoot itself in the foot so we want to get ecrater especially known as well for handmade, nor the jumps to go through at Amazon for handmade things!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: