eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Buyer unable to check out.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Buyer unable to check out. Reply with quote

A buyer just contacted me that she has been trying all day to make a purchase and gets a sytax error (maybe she means syntax). I have reported it. Has anyone else had a problem?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I know this sounds silly, but is she trying to buy something that isn't active in your store? I have many folks wanting to know why they can't buy something from my store and it is because it is on hold (sold) and they found an old link on the internet. Some will see that the item is on hold and demand that I sell it to them as they have the money to pay for it NOW! I always wish I had another copy at that point.

I don't know anything about syntax errors. I did have a sale come through today so that part seems to be working.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. The item is for sale. Emailed her but if her ISP blocks unfamiliar email addresses it might have gone directly to her spam folder and not a thing I can do about it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is almost as frustrating as someone sending you a question and then they have their email blocked or they email address that they give you is wrong. little things like leaving of the M in in com, xxxxx@hotmail.co is easily fixed, but it is nearly impossible to fix the front half. Your potential buyer thinks you blew them off and so they blow you and your store off. Then how many people will they tell, that the sellers on ecrater are lazy and won't answer questions?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Buyer unable to check out. Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
A buyer just contacted me that she has been trying all day to make a purchase and gets a sytax error (maybe she means syntax). I have reported it. Has anyone else had a problem?

Presumably that should be 'syntax error'. If you can establish 2-way email with her, see if she can send you a screen snapshot of the error. That would help immensely sorting out where the issue is.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: