eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I create merchandise categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: How do I create merchandise categories Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to this site. Can someone please tell me how to create categories and how to put the individual items into each category. I sell bears, so for example, christmas bears, halloween bears etc. Thank You! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your admin view, click on categories in the Basic Set-up. You'll see a window that says Manage Categories and below that it should say Current Category: root and below that is the title Categories. I just took a look at your store and it shows you have created one category named Bears which has a sub-category of BEARS. In your admin below the title Categories you should see one category called Bears. If you click on Bears, the window will change. Under the title Manage Categories you will see Current category: root > Bears. Below that you'll see the title SUBCATEGORIES with one listed, BEARS.

If you want all Level One categories, click on categories in the left column again to go back to the start. Click on the big button at the bottom of the screen that say "Add New Category". On the next screen fill in the name of your new category and click Add. (For the short term, don't worry about picture or featured position. You can add that anytime after you get your categories created.) You will return to the prior screen where you will see you now have two Level One categories, Bears and your new category. Continue doing this for each category you want to add. If you have a Level One category that you want to have subcategories, first create the Level One category then click on the name of the category and you'll see a screen where you can add subcategories to that Level One category.

Now you have one Level One category named Bears with all your items in that category and it has a subcategory that is empty. NEVER DELETE A CATEGORY THAT HAS INVENTORY LISTED OR ALL ITEMS WILL BE DELETED WITH THE CATEGORY. Make sure the category is empty before you delete. You can rename a category at any time.

Once you have created your categories, you will need to click on Products, scroll down to find the item you want to move and click on the pencil to the right of the title. Scroll down to Local Category: and you should see the category listed as Bears. If you click on the down arrow to the right you'll see a list of all the categories you've created for your store. Click on the correct category then scroll down and click on one of the Update buttons. That item is now in the new category.

It doesn't look good to have empty categories. I suggest creating an outline of your category structure that you can keep close to your work space. You can add, rename, or delete categories as needed, but it's helpful if you have a roadmap.
BEARSNTREASURES

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: