eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Eveyryone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
art4sale

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Hello Eveyryone Reply with quote

Hello to Everyone
I'm new here and just wanted to learn more about how the system works. Put in a few items I have and would appreciate any inputs suggestions or ideas I can learn more about ecrater. Thanks.. Rick
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,
Welcome to Ecrater. Your front page has Payment "Cash on Delivery." I would change that to Paypal. To me your store looks nice. You should also add something to the "About" page.
Good luck here at Ecrater!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick last night when I saw your post, I was too tired to really respond. You do have some things that you need to work on. I choose your listing for Michael Jackson as the one that illustrates some of the problems.

1. Titles on eCRATER are allowed to be 100 characters and leaving most of the title empty is a waste of good real estate. Go to Google and input Michael Jackson. You will get almost 300,000,000 results! No one is going to search through all those listings if they are looking for something in particular, say a Michael Jackson painting. That search has 24,000,000 results. I did look at the images available and found a photo of the painting like the one in your store for ~$150 dollars, compared to your $1000 price tag. The original of this painting has been sold and apparently the artist makes copies of the original to sell. This isn't mentioned at all in your listing! Not sure how you can provide a certificate of authenticity, other than a certificate that says it is a copy of an original, unless of course you bought the original and are now selling it. Whatever the case, this needs to be explained in your description. If you are selling a painting you need in the title to mention that it is a painting, the artists name, size if possible, subject matter. The more you put into the title the more differently composed searches can find you.

2. in your description you have a measurement but don't say if it is inches or metric. You should have them in both measurements. As I said above, you need much more description especially as this seems to be a copy or an original, even if it is a copy made by the original artist, it has to be listed as such. What is it painted on, is it framed, how do you ship to avoid damage. While most of us know something about Michael a short biography wouldn't go wrong. You are trying to make $1000 for this item and from the looks of things it took you about 5 minutes or less to list it. I like to see things that have a really high price to have some thoughtfulness and time spent. This is just my opinion but if I was listing something for $1000 I would put several hours worth of time into prepping the listing. In your About Us page, you tell a person if they are interested, to drop you a line and you will give them more info. Buyers aren't going to do that, unless they fall smack dab in love with something. If you have more info, put it in with the listing to start with.

3. Your About us page indicates that these are from your personal art collection - therefore they are not new items. They are used. On one item you have that the original price was something and then you are selling for a different price. Is this yet again something from your collection or is it actually a new item that the artist couldn't get the original price and you are selling it for him. I get confused at just about everything I look at.

4. Your terms of service are a bit odd to say the least. PP isn't used to 'negotiate a deal'. It is the way for people to pay here. They decide they want something, hit the buy button, pay PP and the deed is done. You get the order and you ship. There is no negotiating unless you want to put on the listings that you are open to best offers. I'm also not sure where you are getting the guarantee from with PP. Yes they will step in if a problem, but I don't think most of us look at it as providing a guarantee for the buyer. It means that if a sellers scams them, PP will get them their money back. But if the buyer tried to scam the seller, that doesn't hold true.

I do hope things go well for you here, but there are some things to work on to prevent confusion at the least. We want all eCRATER sellers to do well.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick I think you like art but do not know much about it. the portraits of famous people are identical to the works sold by street artists wherever tourists trod. For $15 to $50 they will draw a portrait or a caricature of you. They are done in chalk, pastels, pencil or charcoal. They always have a lot of celebrity portraits on display and you can buy them if you want. They are also originals copied from fan photos. The pictures are originals not copies but as works of art they have no more value than what the artists are charging. Some of the artists are art students. Some are people who never advanced in their serious art. They often sign with a pseudonym.

I'm not sure how you arrived at your prices but you won't be selling them to art collectors.
art4sale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. Learning more about ecrater. Does anyone know how many members are there on ecrater. There sure is a lot of great stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: