eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

FREE SHIPPING WITH IN USA no working at Check Out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: FREE SHIPPING WITH IN USA no working at Check Out Reply with quote

So kind of did a test on myself to add to cart on my item but for some reason, it is not listed as a Free Ship item. I did checked box FREE SHIPPING on EDIT PRODUCT section.

So am I doing something wrong?

Thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On eCRATER you EITHER use the eCrater shipping (Free Shipping, weight matrix, and Flat Shipping) OR the USPS Calculated shipping. If you select USPS Calculated Shipping, then that is used for every item in your store.

The one exception would be if you selected USPS Calculated Shipping AND only selected International shipping methods. In this case the system would use the USPS calculated shipping only for international orders and use the eCrater shipping (Free Shipping, weight matrix, and Flat Shipping) for orders in the USA.

If you use USPS Calculated Shipping you still need to set some type of eCrater shipping for each item for the system to fall back on if USPS fails to return shipping due to a busy system AND to show shipping in Google Shopping. The USPS system doesn't fail very often, but you do need the back up in place just in case.

If you plan to continue using USPS Calculated Shipping you must select shipping options that would work for EVERY item in your store. Currently you have Library shipping which is only allowed if you are a legally established library and media mail which is only available for USPS defined media items (which I didn't see any in your store). Also, it isn't possible to get many of your items in a small flat rate box or a flat rate envelope. Customers are going to select the lowest cost and eCRATER rules say you can't request additional postage after check-out.

If you want to get your items displayed in Google Shopping, you need to remove "Free Shipping" from your titles and descriptions. Google Shopping may accept your items at first, but they will be removed at some point because that is against Google Shopping rules. You might be able to add a statement at the end of the description that says shipping is included, but saying Free Shipping is against Google Shopping rules.

I have a question about your store name. It appears your store was inactive for several years and now you've "reopened" a totally different store. You can change the name of your store for a fee, just contact eCRATER about changing the name of your store. The fee for a name change would be better than operating a new business that is indexed by the search engines by your old name.
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
On the Edit Product section, I did selected or check box FREE SHIPPING IN USA on certain item. But when I tried to do a test on the check out, it still show I need to pay for shipping. So is there something else I need to add or modify?

Here is my sample listing

http://hobbyemporia.ecrater.com/p/27553053/fit-for-ducati-1299-panigale-tricolore-side

Thank you
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think I got it to work now. Under Admin under Shipping and Taxes.
I selected Weight Matrix and I select the tab Weight Scale and I selected SMALL and update. Then when I refresh and then I look up at one of my item and now Mainland USA is FREE SHIPPING. So is this the right way or correct way?

Thank you
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did rename my store and I like to know how do I or request a name change on ecrater? Is there a link you can provide me so I can make that change?

Thank you!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
On eCRATER you EITHER use the eCrater shipping (Free Shipping, weight matrix, and Flat Shipping) OR the USPS Calculated shipping. If you select USPS Calculated Shipping, then that is used for every item in your store.
You need to read my first answer again. You still have USPS Calculated Shipping active in your store so EVERY item will use USPS Calculated Shipping. When you make a selection on the item page it will ONLY be used on the Google Shopping feed and when the USPS site is really busy. Go to your store as a customer (either click on the www below one of your post or click preview in your admin. You will see every item says "Shipping: USPS calculated - check" . Click on the word check and you will see a popup window where you can check the cost of shipping for that item. You will see United States and a box to put your zip code. I would suggest you use a zip code to the east coast so you see the amount charged customers on the other coast. You'll also see what I meant about all the methods of shipping you offer your customer.

If you don't want to use USPS calculated, in your admin. go to Accounts > Options. Scroll down until you see "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". You have three options and you must decide which one will work best for you.
1....You can delete all USA shipping methods that will force the system to use the choice you made on each page for the USA buyers but still use calculated shipping for your international orders.
OR
2....You can remove the checkmark in the box beside "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and your shipping will be what you enter on the item page. If you do this, YOU MUST ENTER SHIPPING IN YOUR WEIGHT MATRIX FOR EVERY INTERNATIONAL COUNTRY YOU SELECTED IN YOUR SHIPPING ZONES.
OR
3....You can remove all international countries from your shipping zones AND remove the checkmark in the box beside "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and your shipping will be what you enter on the item page.

To change the name of your store you need to contact the eCRATER staff from the contact link on the home page www.ecrater.com . They will tell you the cost for changing your name and tell you how to pay the fee.
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Thank you for the quick reply. I will follow your recommendation and I will contact ecrater on the name change. Again thank you for your help.

Regards
Raymond
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question I like to ask. I am able to set a shipping fee for international buyer on a specific item? Like the decal, I like to set at $5.99 as an international flat rate

Thank you
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hobbyemporia wrote:
Another question I like to ask. I am able to set a shipping fee for international buyer on a specific item? Like the decal, I like to set at $5.99 as an international flat rate

Thank you
If you want to use USPS Calculated shipping for international orders you will not be able to set a flat fee for some items. The USPS Calculated Shipping will be used for ALL international orders of every item.
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. So I guess international buyers need to calculate shipping fee then.

Thank you
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: