eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello, a new store is here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therristreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Hello, a new store is here. Reply with quote

Hi. My store on eCrater is Therri's Treasures. I have just signed on, so please take a look. I have not finished listing, but I have about 200 items up to look at now.

My specialty is in wire-wrapping, cold soldering, matched gemstone and semiprecious beaded designs, and experimental designs. I like to spread my materials out and work with them, sometimes coming up with unique and completely different items. I work in OOAK and limited editions. Nothing is repeated once they are sold out. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Looks like you have some nice jewelry and getting it up in time for the always hoped for Christmas and holiday rush. Two things I noticed right away, is you need to fill in your 'About me' page to let people know more about and what you make, how long, and awards, etc. Also your Terms page which details your shipping and refunding process, etc.

The big thing is your categories which currently consists of 'My Products'. Of course, they are you products, but that doesn't help anyone find a necklace in your shop. Maybe you don't sell necklaces as I only ran into earrings. You really need to sort things by categories that will mean something to the buyers, like jewelry sets, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, tie clips, etc. Seasonal themes jewelry like those items that are Christmas ones, Hanukah, Valentine's Day, etc.

I also hope, as I just got one in the mail today, that if you offer necklaces on a chain that you will buyers an opportunity to get longer than an 18" long chain. For those of us with fat necks, that makes a dangle necklace a choker!

Hope some of this helps and please understand I am only trying to be helpful. I've had a long afternoon and no nap, so my brain went blank, but read in the eCRATER sellers thread about what some of us are trying to do with handmade items to help advertise all sellers that make nice decent handcrafted articles.
therristreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that is the only local category I have. If I poke the menu the other option is blank, with no other categories available. Tell me: if I put a listing in "blank" will that open it up to the other categories? The Global categories show my listings in "Handcrafted, Artisan>Earrings" so I presume that they will show up there.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Hopefully Sheila will pop on here if I make a hash of telling you what to do. On your administrative page on left hand side there is a Navigation bar. Directly under it is Basic Set up and then directly under that is categories. Click on that. From that page you can make your categories and from there, sub categories and then sub-sub categories. I have no idea how many layers you can do. On the right there is the yellow pencil to edit and make the category, the red X is to delete what you did and the green arrow is for changing to a new parent category. Like changing Santa suits from summer wear to Christmas stuff just in case you foul up bad.

I suggest going there and doodling around to see what you can figure out - sorry I am horrible about instructing how to do this. I was born three days after Bill Gates so didn't grow up with computers so to speak - he had to help invent them first! Very Happy So if you can't figure out the categories ask for help on the main seller board, lots of people are willing to help. We want everyone here to be a success as that helps all of us to be successes.
therristreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but just this AM I checked the Categories section and figured it out. No need to tutor me, as it takes a couple of tries for me to get it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good glad you figured it out. Very Happy They look good.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.
buysewingpatterns

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! You've got so many beautiful items! Hope you lots of success!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: