eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google ADs showing with Attributes -Any help is appreciated!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiffanyB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Google ADs showing with Attributes -Any help is appreciated! Reply with quote

Hi,

I have several pages with out any ads when I am signed in and go to "Preview" my store. I like the clean, professional look. If I go to any page through Google Shopping, a direct link, or through eCrater though, there are ads all over. Can anyone please tell me what's going on? This is so frustrating as I keep trying every month to get rid of the ads only to find out it doesn't matter at all.

At this point, I feel like giving up and just joining Google Ads. If I am going to have ads placed on the pages against my will, I think I might as well try to obtain some money from them. I am not sure what the pros and cons are and exactly how to sign up though.

Would anyone mind trying to help me? Are the ads truly removable? Or, can you give me your opinion on the matter?

Thank you so much for any and all of your help.

Sincerely,
Tiffany
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffany. The ads are not removeable. Nor are they ones that you can buy to replace with your own. These ads are ones that I believe help feed the and pay the mortgage for the eCRATER team. Some of us very old sellers (time length here) had the ability to get paid for any activity on the very last ad on the listing. Most don't have that anymore but I still do. At one point, I was making about $100 every 8-9 months. Now I only get $100 about every two years.

If your photos are too small, then you will pick up an extra ad, but that doesn't look like a problem with your listings.

If you want to buy and place ads from google you are of course, welcome to do so. I have tried using them with trial they gave me and never got a single sale that I could attribute to the ads, and they can get mighty pricey. In my opinion, I think that the prices you are selling your items for, you will not get much action from google ads as you would have to have such high cpc that it would make you no profit.

I would suggest that the best bet for your store is promoting it on Pinterest, Facebook and any FB places that cater to homeschooling moms or regular teacher’s groups on FB. You should also find as many teaching forums as you can find to advertise to. But that isn't what you asked about.

So, no, you cannot get rid of ads unless one is showing due to the size of the photo and in that case, you make your photo bigger and that particular ad will disappear. Buying google ads will not replaces the ads you have now with your own ads. You can quit banging your head against the wall as you can't get rid of them and I wish you had asked us right away so we could help you save some time.
TiffanyB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you MoonwishesStore!

I thought a while ago, probably longer than I think, that we were told Google attributes were causing the ads. I was just surprised at how many and how large the ads are. Thank you for taking a look at my product pages to try to help me. The picture size is helpful to know. And, thank you for all the advice. I didn't know the ads went off the prices of your products either nor that eCrater received a benefit from them, so this was also very helpful.

Thank you again for all of your assistance and kindness. It is very beneficial and helpful and will save me hours to come. Very Happy

Sincerely,
Tiffany
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not have explained the google ads correctly. You decide how much you are willing to pay for each click if you sign up. Sellers bid for hits and those who can afford say $2 a click at going to get way more chances at getting hits (since the seller is forking out so much), like me, you for the most part have lower valued inventory. I sell sewing patterns and the last I checked the best bid for Simplicity was $2, I can't give away that kind of money on a daily basis. Depending on how I set things up, I could have been spending $20-100/day depending on what I bid for getting hits. I can't see you wanting to pay even 50 cents for hits as not everyone that clicks on your link in the ad will buy, but you still have to pay for EACH click at whatever price you set and I think you have a daily click price limit, but even at $10/day, that can go quickly. If you do that for one month you will have spent $300 and may not have sold a thing. Thus why I try to promote in all the free ways possible.

When I first came here almost 10 years ago, I was paying eBay around $800/monthly for the privilege of selling on their site, listing fees, etc. When I came here I figured if needed I could pay for promotions up to $800 to hopefully get the kinds of sales I had been getting on eBay before my sales rode off into the sunset. Things were fantastic when I first came here, but after about 2 years, Google lost its collective mind and that was the end of sales here as we knew them. I no longer have a desire to pay $800/month to advertise. So, I look to find the best free ways to advertise and I also list items at another venue and the two together bring in almost what eCRATER did in the beginning. On-line selling isn't what it used to be, many things have changed and not necessarily for the better. We have to lean to adapt to stay competitive, although being the cheapest isn't always the best idea.
TiffanyB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Sorry; I think I confused you (and myself). Reply with quote

Hi MoonwishesStore,

I apologize. I now realize what I stated would appear to mean ads for my store, but I meant I would just sign up to get the benefit of the ads if Google was just placing them on the pages without anyone benefiting from the ads except Google. (I believed Google had to pay to put ads on your store; but, I realize they do pay eCrater for this benefit from the person who purchases the ad. I think. I hope eCrater is getting paid when someone clicks on them.) I apologize for confusing you and thank you for clarifying some of my misunderstandings.

I do appreciate the information about the ads because I did think about using them; and, I believe you are right about the price being too high for me. Also, I didn't realize an individual could ask Google to place their own ads at a specific location - such as their own web pages. So if I understood this correctly, this is interesting.

Thank you again for all the information and help. It is very kind.

Sincerely,
Tiffany
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Tiffany and you should understand that I'm not always clearly writing/thinking as I am always having high dose pain killers going through my system and brain! Sometimes I feel like my head is made of mush. LOL Very Happy

Quote:
Also, I didn't realize an individual could ask Google to place their own ads at a specific location - such as their own web pages. So if I understood this correctly, this is interesting.

Google has names for all their different programs and some people get mixed up by them. Google Adwords are for when you pay Google to place ads for your inventory in selected places, but as far as I know, you can't specify where they actually go or would be displayed.

Google Adsense is a different program where you allow Google to place ads on your blog, website, etc. Ecrater collects revenue from most all the ads that you will find on our listing pages (and well they should!), with the exceptions of a few of us that were in an old program where we collect for any activity from the ads at the very bottom of our listing pages. I'm one that gets revenue for doing that, but since Google started making so many changes with their way of doing things, my revenue went way down from it. I also have a couple of blogs where I have Adsense ads, and so they all add up together and it can take a long time to get to the point of a payout these days, I think my last check took almost two years when at one point I was getting one around every 8 months or so. Other than applying to have Adsense ads on your blog and/or non-eCRATER website, you can't, as far as I know, specify what types of ads you get, although I'm sure the robots do try to match up products that go along with your blogs.

Then there is Google Shopping where we would all love to have our inventory be in the top place, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Google ADs showing with Attributes -Any help is apprecia Reply with quote

TiffanyB wrote:
I have several pages with out any ads when I am signed in and go to "Preview" my store. I like the clean, professional look. If I go to any page through Google Shopping, a direct link, or through eCrater though, there are ads all over. Can anyone please tell me what's going on? This is so frustrating as I keep trying every month to get rid of the ads only to find out it doesn't matter at all.
TiffanyI just read your original post again and realized you may not realize there are 2 urls for every item listed on the US eCRATER site. When you click preview or a customer goes to http://tiffanyb.ecrater.com/ the home page of your eCRATER store is shown. All the links in your store will start with tiffanyb.ecrater.com and any sale you receive that arrived in your store from a direct link to your store will not have an eCRATER fee. You will also have NO ads on your item page in your store unless 1) you have a tiny picture or 2)you selected to have Google Adchoice on your page several years ago. The option to add Adchoice to your store was eliminated years ago, but all sellers who selected Adchoice were allowed to continue.

If the customer followed a link directly to the marketplace, http://ecrater.com/ any sale will be charged the marketplace fee. The search engines will often post the marketplace url for your store item, because they came to your item through the marketplace instead of your store.

Here's an example of your cute item Mr. and Mrs. Gallon Man Math Measurement Project. The link to the item in your store is:
http://tiffanyb.ecrater.com/p/22540328/mr-and-mrs-gallon-man-math
and the link to your same item on the eCRATER marketplace is:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/22540328/mr-and-mrs-gallon-man-math
The item in your store has NO ads and the item on the market place has the normal 3 ads, one above the title, one below the boxes describing other items on the marketplace that might be similar to your item, and one on the right below the box with Seller's information. ALL links found in Google Shopping lead to the marketplace. The link in the organic search engines is determined by the search engine. There are ads that appear in the regular search results that are marked as ads. If you are not directly paying Google Adwords, or Bing Ads (which appear on Bing, Yahoo and AOL searches), then those ads in the regular search will lead to the marketplace because eCRATER paid for those ads.

I also wanted to add that if you ship to the UK and AU and you did not take extra steps to prevent your items from showing on the eCRATER UK and AU sites, you actually have 6 links to your one item. Your item is also being shown in the UK eCrater Marketplace, your UK store, the AU eCrater Marketplace and your AU store.

edited to correct the urls.

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, this post of yours triggered something in my brain that I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before. I do a lot of promoting of my goods, but without thinking, I would always open up the preview page from out of my Admin page. Well that page is always one that the url is linked with ecrater. And then from that page I was promoting everything via an ecrater page so everything would come back by way of an ecrater line. Even when I G+ something I would in the comments say something to the effect of See More Misses Patterns here: with the url to my ecrater store for Misses.

After reading your post I decided to try something new. I used my domain link to get to my store's home page, and from there I pinned what I was going to pin as well as reworking my list of urls so that they all point back to my store in directly and not though the ecrater>Moonwishes way. I don't even know if I am making sense, but after years of promoting my stuff using the other way of linking it would seem to me that I should have enough links out there to have plenty of business.

Not sure if I am making any sense, but I just checked some pins that I just did and they link back to my store that doesn't have ecrater in the title. Would you venture a guess if this will or won't help?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, if you click on the preview button from your admin you'll always go to the home page of your store. You can't omit the ecrater.com part of the url unless you have your own domain name AND pay eCrater for a custom domain name. Right now you have your own domain name that points to your eCrater store, but you don't have the eCrater paid service of custom domain. If I type www.moonwishesstore.com in the internet browser I'll be taken to www.moonwishesstore.ecrater.com . Every link to items in your store will have a url of www.moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/p/#####/Title-of-your-item . The # signs are a number that is unique to your individual item.

Here's a link to a recent listing; http://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/p/27897952/simplicity-sewing-pattern-5272-18-doll-accessories , that goes directly to your item in your store.

The link to your item in the marketplace is http://www.ecrater.com/p/27897952/simplicity-sewing-pattern-5272-18-doll-accessories . This link does not contain the name of your store, but they both have the ecrater.com .

The seller, Purple Iris, has her own domain name, Purple Iris Plaza, AND she pays eCrater for the Custom Domain. There are two fees, one to the organization to register her own domain name and a second fee to eCrater for the Custom Domain she uses for her eCrater store. Here's a link to one of her items so you can see the difference.
http://www.purpleirisplaza.com/p/18264195/crayola-crayon-sled-2-bright-moving
Notice your item link has both your store name and the ecrater.com while her link only shows her domain name, purpleirisplaza.com.

Now if someone sees her items in Google Shopping, when they click on the item in GS they will be taken to http://www.ecrater.com/p/18264195/crayola-crayon-sled-2-bright-moving, which is her item in the marketplace. So the custom domain name only applies to links in her store.

Hope this helps, you just want to make sure the link you are posting says moonwishesstore.ecrater.com rather than just the ecrater.com
TiffanyB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you Sheila and Moonwishes for all your help and information. Very Happy

Google's various programs can be confusing, and I didn't opt in long ago with AdSense. I think the ad just above the title makes the page look bad because the item looks boxed in. And unfortunately, the ads seem to be very colorful when I see them. So the combination seems a bit overwhelming. I understand eCrater should get something too, so the other ads don't really bother me. I was just upset when I sent a link directly from my store in an e-mail and when I went to check it there were several ads; that was when I began checking Google Shopping. Now, I understand the search results and I believe the picture may have been a little small (such as in Mr. and Mrs. Gallon Man) when I sent a link in the e-mail. All of your sharing was very helpful though and much appreciated. Mr. Green

Thank you also for telling me about the six different links; I didn't realize there were so many.

Please forgive me as I have one last question. Does anyone know how to view the UK and AU stores? That would be neat to see and may help me in deciding to keep them there or take them down. Any opinions are also helpful.

Thank you so much,
Tiffany
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tiffanyb.ecrater.co.uk/
http://tiffanyb.ecrater.com.au/
TiffanyB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Primerose Cafe! Very Happy Interesting to see. By telling me this, I was also able to locate the little flag on the home page to switch countries. I thank all of you so much for being so kind and helpful.

Sincerely,
Tiffany
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I can't believe what I just did. Wrote a long post, hit the wrong button and then it of course disappeared Rolling Eyes

I do have my own domain name and have been paying for it here ever since eCRATER instituted it. www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com . When pinning stuff from my store via my domain name store it will link back to it, but if I use the preview on my admin page, I get the combo Moonwishes/eCRATER links.

I'm on my computer upstairs, and it has problems doing copy and paste.
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchout.
Your UK & AU stores show free shipping.
TiffanyB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Primrose Cafe. Currently, all of my items (even my books) are digital PDFs that are sent to an individual's e-mail address. I don't think I would incur any extra fees, so I marked them all free. Thank you sooo much for looking out for me. That was very thoughtful! Very Happy

Best Wishes,
TiffanyB
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: