eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Item return

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycolumbia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Item return Reply with quote

Dear eCrator CS:

I have one of my item returned from the buyer. How eCrator treat such transactions. Do they refund selling fees, as eBay and other do?

Also, there is no help on the web site.

Please advise.

I like to pay for the other item selling fees and waiting eCrator to adjust the one came back, as customer returned.

Thanks
Nycolumbia
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The community forum is a seller to seller forum. The staff from eCRATER will post here from time to time, but if you want to contact eCRATER customer service you need to use the Contact link on the home page of ecrater.com.

How you handle returns would be based on the terms you created for your store. As sellers on eCRATER, we are expected to conduct our store in a professional manner and to state our stores policy regarding returns. If you are going to issue a full refund to the customer, you are probably going to issue the refund in the same manner the customer paid. In other words, if the customer paid via PayPal, you would go to PayPal and issue a refund. If the customer paid via PayPal and the sale was from the marketplace, you were charged a final value fee. That fee will be credited to your ecrater account after the PayPal refund processes.

I looked at your store and didn't see any information related to customer returns. Maybe it was listed and I missed it. I did notice you have USPS Calculated shipping selected as your shipping method, but every item I saw had shipping information in the listing. I think you may have missed this point in the eCRATER Terms of Service to which you agreed when you opened your store.
Quote:
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.
nycolumbia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Selling fees Reply with quote

Dear:

Thanks for the prompt response. These is no way on the eCrator website show that the customer received his refund via PayPal. Customer received the item as per the USPS tracking we uploaded on the eCrator website. Then few days later customer sent us email and requested return of the item. We accepted the return request and asked the buyer to ship it back. They sent the item back and we issued the refund same via PayPal. Case closed with the buyer. But we see ecrator still have that sale selling fees on their this month payment. I just asked if they will remove that itself or as I am asking it to remove, here or it will stay as is.

My question was how eCrator remove selling fees if the item returned. Or we miss something ecrator have in the find print, when we agreed to open the store here.

Selling fees will be taken away or not after returned was completed.

Thanks
Nycolumbia
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your store admin click on orders and look for the customer's name that placed the order. If the customer paid via PayPal DURING the checkout system, there will be a green check mark in the column titled PD (paid). If you went back to your PayPal account and refunded the payment, PayPal will send the information back to eCRATER. Once they get the information, there will be green checkmark in the column titled RF (refund). This only works if the customer paid via the checkout system rather than from an invoice you sent. As far as how long it takes for the refund to show as a credit against your fees, only eCRATER customer service can answer. I strongly suggest you ask them direct from the contact link on the home page of ecrater.com.

The information I posted regarding your shipping fees was an attempt to tell you that you are breaking the rules with your current method of shipping. You should correct your shipping so the customer knows the correct shipping when they checkout.
nycolumbia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear:

Thanks again.

We have no issue with the shipping. Our customer does know the shipping charges, already mentioned on eCrator. We do not send new additional shipping notes or invoices once customer check out the purchase. We have no issue on that area.

We have refunded customer payment via PayPal. It shows on our PayPal account as refunded. But its not showing back to eCrator. We are trying to contact eCrator Customer Service without any success.

Thanks for you help anyway. We thought you are from the eCrator CS.

Regards,
Nycolumbia
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY - I checked the dates on your posts about this and they are all dated for today, July 27. If this is the same day that you contacted eCRATER, you may have to wait a few days for a response. They are a very small team, but you will always get a personal response. If the RF is showing, you will not see anything else such as a refund of the FVF until you are billed around Aug 15, for your MP fees. They are very good about it and you really don't have to check on it, unless you notice that on Aug 15=16 that sale is still listed with charging you a FVF, otherwise, on your list of fees that order will not show up, so you won't be billed. Please note that eCRATER does not actually charge your fees until the month after the sale, they are not grabbing it like eBay does 2 nanoseconds after the sale is made before the buyer even has had a chance to pay. ECRATER has no way of charging you for the fee until you agree to the bill and then you pay them via PP and that happens only the month after the sale except for if an extraordinarily expensive item sold and the fee is high, they may bill you earlier but as far as I know it is still your option whether or not to pay it. Technically if you don't want to pay fees, you don't have to. But a couple months of not paying fees they won't be sending your google upload out - the fees came about when google started charging to show things on google shopping.

I hope this makes sense and is of help. Holler if you don't understand.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY - I just looked at your site and see what Sheila was talking about. I looked at your listing for a blue lifting belt. It was confusing as fist it says you have a choice of for sizes, then you say they are bidding on one actual size (NO bidding takes place here on eCRATER ever), then you go back to all four sizes that they need to tell you which size they want. Much of your description belongs in your terms of service. You say the belt will ship for free yet you have calculated shipped posted showing me the minimum I would have to pay is $7.15 Priority mail. And then you keep bouncing back and forth between description and boilerplate that should be in the terms. You also say Google checkout is welcome when Google Checkout has been defunct for years now and you can't list a payment way on eCRATER that isn't approved by eCRATER and there are only two electronic ways and that is PP and Stripe. It was very confusing to read and if I were a potential customer I would be lost. I see that by your sales amount you have been here on eCRATER awhile, so I’m not sure how you missed a few things like Google Checkout being gone, the google boilerplate issue, the fact that you must have shipping for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico listed from the get go and that customers shouldn’t have to write you for the cost as they are considered part of the US and all sellers must ship to them.

You apparently feel that no changes are needed to your listings, but if they are all like the one I just saw, then technically you should and you may be surprised to find that you get more sales.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About your shipping. I don't use USPS calculated but I was looking at your bagpipes and clicked on what shipping would be to WA. You had every priority size and weight as an option. Those bagpipes are not going to ship in a small flatrate box. Do you have weights listed for your items? That is important.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: