eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

caching

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JFJ917

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: caching Reply with quote

I need help with caching I checked the SEO for my site, it says that my web site does not allow caching for the Page, Image, Javascript,and CSS Question Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've pointed out to you in other topics you've posted, you do not own eCRATER.com but have a store located on the website eCRATER.com (JFJ917.ecrater.com). Caching is related to the way the overall site is programed and can only be changed by the owner of eCRATER. There are pros and cons to having a site cached. I feel certain these pros and cons were examined by the owner and influenced the decisions made regarding caching.

Sometimes eCRATER does give us options to add extra information to our stores, such as the title option which you asked about in another topic, but it isn't in the form of adding http coding to the page.

When you have questions related to your store, please feel free to post your questions. We were all new to eCRATER at some point and had questions. Personally, I had many questions that other sellers helped with answers and now I'm trying to pay forward that help.
JFJ917

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your help, I'm sorry about the question that I have asked about, just trying to learn, how to sell.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Don't feel you need to apologize for asking questions, we were all new at some point both to selling and to eCRATER. Asking questions is a good way to learn.

I would suggest when you are on a site geared to helping webmasters with their website, it might be helpful to you if you do a quick Google search for the new term. A quick read about website caching on Wikipedia would have shown that it was something only the webmaster could do.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: