eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problem: USA seller payment in AUD, E when buyer is in USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Problem: USA seller payment in AUD, E when buyer is in USA Reply with quote

Problem: USA sellers payment arriving in AUD, E when buyer is also in USA help SPORADIC

USA Seller Help, some if my USA customers payments arrive in AUD or E Sporadically why?

I have had this problem for a very long time. I usually just accept payment at paypal and let them convert it to USD,

but I think it may be harming my Domestic sales as SOME buyers may think that I am not in the United States and not want to purchase from me because payment appears to be in AUD, or from the UK. (example: if they need the item fast).

Most of my Domestic Payments do arrive in USD, but I am concerned about those that do not.

Is this just some weird google-god/bubblenet glitch?

Or is it something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank-You for your time,
Dave
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have your UK and AU ecrater stores active which means you items are also appearing in the UK and AU eCrater marketplaces. Your items are also included in the eCrater feed to Google Shopping UK and Google Shopping AU. The customer may be in the US, but they found your item from an internet link to either your store or your item on the marketplace in AU or UK. The item page still shows you are located in the USA.

Here's the link to your 3 eCrater stores:
http://innovatedvisions.ecrater.com/
http://innovatedvisions.ecrater.co.uk/
http://innovatedvisions.ecrater.com.au/

I think there is a setting in PayPal that will auto convert your payments into USD, but I'm not sure. It's been years since I checked. Maybe one of the sellers here who ship internationally will respond. I know Moonwishes is quite versed in this subject. You also have the ability to handle the exchange rate for your item price which she does. Normally, eCRATER auto converts your item prices from USD to AUD or GBD.

In a quick look at your store, I noticed you have 0 shipping set for AU. You need to add shipping ASAP or any orders coming from your AU store or the AU marketplace will have 0 shipping. If you are using the weight matrix, you need to complete the row for AU. If you are using flat rate shipping, you will need to decide where you want to ship. You are only allowed 7 flat rate shipping zones and 3 are auto selected as USA-mainland, AK and HI. You need to decided which 4 you want to keep as a flat rate shipping zone (shipping added on the item page).

If you have acurate shipping weights listed for each item, you could simply add AU to your weight matrix. When the checkout system system sees 0 shipping on the item page it will check your weight matrix. If you don't have accurate shipping weights then you need to make some decisions. To continue to use flat rate you are going to have to choose 4 international countries (or shipping zones) making sure to leave UK and AU so your stores stay active. Next you are going to need to add shipping on each item for AU. If you decide it would be easier to simply close your AU store, be sure to follow the procedure outlined in the eCRATER FAQs (from the home page of ecrater.com) to remove all your items from your AU store and AU marketplace AND to to prevent additional items from being added. (See the FAQ/Selling question, then follow the procedure in the tutorial available under the FAQ/Administrative Tools.)

Remember, the eCrater terms of service say you must have shipping set for every location to which you ship. You are not allowed to invoice for additional shipping after the customer has completed checkout.

One final note, for folks reading this who might wonder, it is possible to sell internationally from your US store without being on the UK and AU marketplaces. It will greatly lower your presence on the internet, but you do have that option on eCRATER. 1) You need to make sure you check "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies". 2) If your items have already been added to the UK or AU sites, you need to run the Global Editor to remove your items from the UK and/or AU sites. 3) Add the international country to shipping zone. 4) Complete your shipping for the international country. If using USPS Calculated, be sure to complete your shipping backup.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I frequently get payments in other currencies, AU and GB. On Etsy I have gotten Euro payments. Sometimes these buyers will be in the US. PayPal will convert other currencies to US$ instantly at your command but you have to click on manage currencies and follow the prompts. You don't have to exchange it and just let the various currencies build up or leave it till the exchange rate is better. Paypal's exchange rate is not what you will see on Google or other exchange online sites but checking your bank or Google's rate will give you an idea which direction it is going.

Currencies fluctuate daily so I don't recommend trying to keep up with setting your own exchange rates. In the past 2 weeks the Canadian dollar has gained about 10$ per 100 on the US$. So if you aren't watching closely you can lose out big time.

One thing you have to look out for, if your US buyers are buying on the AU or GB sites, they will probably be charged international shipping. If this happens you should refund part of the shipping. Just good business.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, are you saying you don't recommend trying to keep up with setting your own exchange rate in your eCRATER store or for converting money on PayPal?

I believe if a customer is buying from an AU or UK site from a US seller they are charged the shipping rate from the US to the US. However, the rate may be different by a few cents from what is shown in your US store. Your USD prices were converted to the UK / AU prices and will need to converted back for the US sale. The double conversion may show a slight difference from the actual USD price shown on the US site.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't recall getting any payments in Euros, but I do get the occasional US order via my UK store and have done so ever since we started having the three stores. I'm happy to take any order that comes my way! Smile For some reason, the buyer saw that link for the UK or AUD when searching the internet before they saw the US link. I also have had payments in many other country's currency that PP/Stripe converts for me. I never do it myself on PP/Stripe.

I do set my selling prices in UK and AUD myself. I have a cheat sheet taped to my desk with the current exchange for the prices I use. I also set my own shipping prices for UK and AUD. I use the Matrix and have never had a problem except once with the prices not coming out correctly and that time it was my own error. As for Canadian sales, since we have nothing listing in CA currently our prices are converted via PP or Stripe from Canadian to US with no problem. The shipping to Canada is based on the shipping I set up for Canadian shipping on the Matrix. Whenever I get a sale from outside the US, I do a double check if my numbers are still working out correctly with the exchange rate. If they are a tad too close for comfort, I will reset my prices/shipping as needed. I still get several UK orders per month, although this month is rather strange so I can't think I will this month.

Hope this helps. If not let me know.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Shipping Zones Reply with quote

@SheilaDeesPostcards,

Thank-You for responding, I think the (selected) Shipping Zones may be my problem.

Are there any simple instructions here on how to Set Shipping Zones for WORLDWIDE shipping?

I appear to be limited to 5 Countries, is there a hidden way to add them all?

(I have always had this problem and could never figure it out)

This could explain why you were seeing 0 shipping set for AU

Current Settings:

Choose Shipping Zones

Canada
Germany
Ireland
New Zealand
United Kingdom

Weight Matrix

US-Mainland
Alaska
Hawaii
Canada
Germany
Ireland
New Zealand
United Kingdom

Thank-You for your time,
It is greatly appreciated
Dave
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could tell you how to do it, but I can't remember how I set it up for all the places I will ship to. I do remember individually choosing shipping places and if I over time had another country where I didn't want to ship to, I would remove them as well. Wish I could help.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you think you are limited to 5 Countries. If you go to Shipping & Taxes > Shipping Zones, you will find US-Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii pre-selected and they can not be removed. You can select as many or as few countries as you wish, just be sure to select them on the left table, click ADD and don't forget to click UPDATE. If you want to ship worldwide to every country, just add European Union, Europe Non-EU and Everywhere Else.

After you select the Shipping Zones, you'll have a row added to your Weight Matrix for every location you just selected. You will need to add the shipping amount to every box on every row, there is no ditto key, but you can use copy/paste for each box.

The Flat Shipping Zones (that will appear on the item page) are limited to 7 with 3 being pre-selected.

I wrote a couple of long replys recently in this topic https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=315800#315800 that you might find helpful.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-You SheilaDeesPostcards,

I was able to add European Union, Europe Non-EU and Everywhere Else to my shipping zones. I do not recall seeing that option before. I was only able to see 5 Countries (+ pre-selected) at a time. Now I can see a little more, hopefully I am now set up right to sell worldwide.

Thank-You for the link,
I am sure it will help.
Dave
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: