eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

bundling at buyer's request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanascloset816

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: bundling at buyer's request Reply with quote

I love bundling my items but find I never bundle the particular items a particular buyer wants to buy; so, most times I like to let them tell me what they want and offer a discount off the total plus, of course, the discount on postage.

My question: Is there a best way to have them pay? They want to buy 7 items each are a different price. Thus far I just tell them to pay the total minus discount and plus shipping on one item. So far it seems to work.

I want to know what the experts suggest.

Linda/Nana
nanascloset816.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, One mention if you don't mind. I noticed you seem to have quite a few duplicate books. If that is true okay, but if not, you might have to remove some listings.

I use the matrix and thus my 'bundling' shipping costs are taken care of. Most sellers I think call it combined shipping. Anyhow, where you run into problems partly is that you are selling books with other items. Books can go cheaper via media mail, but your other items can't. I didn't notice anything 'pre-bundled', so I'm not sure what you are talking about. since you use calculated shipping, I'm not sure how that works for two or more items.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER does allow combined shipping but is not set up for discounting the items themselves.
I would recommend creating a new listing specifically for the buyer labeled "Private Listing" (or something similar). Make sure to copy and paste the details of all the items they are purchasing into this private listing and then set the price at your agreed upon price.
You can email them the link to the listing so they can purchase and pay through eCRATER.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no success selling in pre determined bundles. I can't even sell matching necklace and earrings. I just encourage buying multiples although it is difficult because once a buyer is in our stores, they invariably get routed out into the general inventory when they try to continue shopping. This happens whether they are coming from eCRATER, Google shopping or elsewhere.

I just reduced prices in 4 of my stores by 50% and I still am not selling, in fact I think sales have stopped. I state I combine shipping. I use the shipping matrix but if that is still over, I send shipping refunds. When I do have a sale of several multiple items, like 5 scarves, etc., I enclose a freebie. I think buyers like that more than a small additional discount.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
I have had no success selling in pre determined bundles. I can't even sell matching necklace and earrings. I just encourage buying multiples although it is difficult because once a buyer is in our stores, they invariably get routed out into the general inventory when they try to continue shopping. This happens whether they are coming from eCRATER, Google shopping or elsewhere.

Same here. Just because they want one item, doesn't mean they want something else that you have chosen. I'm always curious when I see a mixed group of items and wonder why they were chosen for the grouping. Usually for me I would have wanted only one item in the bunch so I pass unless the whole grouping is at the cost of what I was willing to pay for the one item.

But I have had good sucess with the matrix. It seems like with caluclated shipping, combined shipping should work as well also since isn't it done by weight as well? Of, course I don't combine by 'actual weight' technically, but if something is going to cost a certain amount to ship, I give it the 'weight' of however many items would have the matrix return that amount. That works out fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: