eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEWBIE HERE - GOODIEZ IS MY STORE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodiez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: NEWBIE HERE - GOODIEZ IS MY STORE Reply with quote

Hello to all,

I'm a newbie and happy to be here, however, I've been a good and trusted seller since 2003. It sure took me a while to figure out the attributes/value thing and wonder if I got it right. Guessing that I have because I no longer have the red notices that I was doing it all wrong....crossing fingers.

I've heard good reviews and hope to make some sales. I am unable to work now and it will take about 16 months in my state for SS and that's if I get approved for it.

With all that being said, I love selling items as much as I like to buy them. I sell an array of products, if you don't see what you are looking for just message me and I'll see what I can do for you. I also sell handmade jewelry, another passion of mine.

I would like more information on adsense or some detailed tutorial if anyone can point me to the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also, if you can critique my shop with any good pointers will help too.

Thanks for reading!

Goodiez Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and enjoy that SS journey. I know what that is like.

A few comments if I may. You need to put your Terms, Shipping, Refund information, etc. on your Terms of Service page, not in the actual listing itself as Google will consider that 'boilerplate'. Descriptions are to be description of the product itself only. Your shipping/refunds/ etc. all seem to be different, so I assume that you are drop shipping products and are trying to follow the company's rules that you drop ship from. If this is not the case, and you have these items in stock at your home or warehouse, then there is no reason to have so many different types of terms.

I am having a very hard time understanding why anyone in their right mind would want a Hello Kitty Slow Cooker in their kitchen. I looked on Amazon for it, and found it listed under toys which I thought was odd, and with many horrible reviews! I have sent in a message to Amazon that the item is in the wrong category as it shouldn't be in toys. If it is a toy, it is a rather dangerous one with the recommended age for using it as 18 months to 4 years. I was cooking at a very young age, but boy even my mom wouldn't have let me play with a real slow cooker when I was 18 months old!

You may want to see what Reviewers on Amazon have to say about it an if you are drop shipping this item, you might want to drop it from your inventory as you in all probability once you get the money for it then spend it at the drugstore, the buyer will find it burned up or melted, etc. and want their money back. Just trying to give you fair warning. I generally would never tell anyone to drop an item from inventory but this thing could burn a house down if not closely monitored and I seriously doubt that you want to be responsible as the seller for that happening.

Just a reminder that you can have up to 100 characters in your titles. That is your most valuable real estate when selling on line, so have a title of less than 50 characters is wasting the opportunity to have more key words in your title. On eCRATER the marketplace search is via title only, so you need to put as much good info in the title that you can. Also remember to describe your item as if there is no photo, and have enough photos so they wouldn't need the description.

At the end of your Betty Boop purse, you have the following
Quote:
This item comes in the following options
Color: Black
NOTE: just inform us which variation you wish after the purchase.
Not sure why that came after everything else, but if you have that tote in all black you should have separate listing for it since there is no easy way here to deal with a buyer telling you what color they want.

I'm not sure if you are selling items that you need to be registered with the company to be selling their products, but you might want to look into that. Lots of companies lately are coming down hard on people selling their items without being registered by the company.
Goodiez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for all of your suggestions and feedback regarding my shop. You gave me good points and I really appreciate it all.

I have other shops and haven't had the time to look over each description which I am about to do today.

I was skeptical about putting up the Hello Kitty Cooker but did so after thinking about a 57 year old friend of mine who buys Hello Kitty stuff and made sure I placed it under adult. But, you are right, there may be a buyer who may buy it and give it to their young daughter anyway. So I will delete it, I would not want bad news regarding a fire or burns.

I have an Etsy shop in case you or someone you know likes handmade jewelry; here is my link: www.etsy.com/shop/leglitz I like to include a free gift as a token of my appreciation. Hope to see you there!

Thanks again,

Goodiez
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.
Goodiez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: @Viewfinders Reply with quote

Thanks so much, happy to be here!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was skeptical about putting up the Hello Kitty Cooker but did so after thinking about a 57 year old friend of mine who buys Hello Kitty stuff and made sure I placed it under adult. But, you are right, there may be a buyer who may buy it and give it to their young daughter anyway. So I will delete it, I would not want bad news regarding a fire or burns.

The crazy thing is it is listed on Amazon under toys when it isn't a toy it is an actual cooker and children should not be playing with it. And just the few things I saw about it makes me think it should be recalled before someone gets really hurt.

As a small point of interest. I bought a sewing machine that did machine embroidery and at one-point Janome was making a memory card so that you could sew out Hello Kitty designs. As a mother of boys and no grandbabies boy or girl, that was my very first sighting of something called Hello Kitty. I used the shops card to make an item to show off the designs for her. This was in the early 90's I think. Then it seems like in the last few years Hello Kitty items are saturating the earth. Not sure why, but even my sewing machine brand makes or at least used to, a Hello Kitty sewing machine. It is a real machine but for kids that are learning to sew. Or I guess their adult mothers who are grown up Hello Kitty fans. I've just thought it is weird that for almost 30 years it has maintained and grown it's outreach over the years. Even cabbage patch dolls didn't last this long, even though they are still findable.
Goodiez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: @MoonwishesStore Reply with quote

Hello Kitty is loved by so many people. I happen to think they are really cute, but not for me, so I buy for others who like it. I'll be posting more Hello Kitty items in the future too.

Take care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: