eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Social media buttons spotty?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Social media buttons spotty? Reply with quote

Specifically with Twitter, I've noticed a trend of product photos not posting every time with the tweet. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It's spotty. Would like all the photos to post, as shoppers are visual. Is this glitch, or is it supposed to do this randomly?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello DC! There is another thread about this. I've been working with Pinterest, but they don't know what's wrong. I'll go over to the other thread and post an update.

Here's the thread:
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37504
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DC....I misread and thought you said Pinterest. I replied and updated in the other thread.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not talking about Pinterest now. Has happened 80% of the time on Twitter. Really getting freaking frustrated with this. Can't sell something if no one can SEE IT!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Trump and a bunch of celebrities use Twitter, but I have never found any value in it. Perhaps because I don't really understand how to use it as I do Pinterest and FB. This month I got an order in via FB which hasn't happened in the last three years, also got orders via Pinterest, Bing, Google, and Direct. I stopped using twitter as such years ago. I do have it checked to automatically send a post when that is doable, but never do it as a separate way of using social media. Not sure if that makes sense or not. I just know that I found trying to do Twitter feeds was like hit my head against a brick wall for all the good it did me.

Wish I could help DC. I don't recall anyone here saying that they have had success with using Twitter.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah FaceBook and I aren't getting along right now. Twitter at least increases hits and awareness, even though I haven't had a sale proven to originate from there. More hits isn't a bad thing. Since my Twitter is geared to the store only, I just use it for posting listings for the most part anymore. I keep thinking I'm going to do something with the other account to separate the tweets, but I've come to realize over the past couple years that the whole of Hollywood celebrities live in a bubble and can't get their heads out of their own aspirations of how politics and the world should be. So if I do post personal stuff, I'm pretty sure it will get REALLY personal and not particularly conducive to promote sales. So best to keep the two as separate as possible.

I really want to get instagram going. I feel that could be my wheelhouse. But the limitation of being a primarily phone based program is proving difficult to get off the ground.

Have I mentioned marketing in the past 5 years has become like trying to catch a hurricane with a butterfly net?
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, I don't use Twitter....yet. Many of us, however, are still having Pinterest issues. Pinterest states there is no problem on their end, and Dimitar at eCrater says he can't see a problem. I've talked to both - twice.

So, if you are having issues with twitter, please contact Dimitar and ask him to look at it because he might then see that it's not just a Pinterest issue, and might see an overall issue that needs a fix on the eCrater side of things. I have to wait at least three days after listing an item before trying to Pin it....not sure yet exactly why. Thanks, and good luck with the Twitter issue! Let us know how this turns out.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear DCcollectibles, thank You for posting about this problem, I also don't have photos on my tweets.
And this is going on for quite some time now...

I hope somebody would give us some update, is this a permanent change?

If it is, then we would not try and try just to check, if the photo feature is available again, we would have to add then photos and the listings' links by ourselves.

Quote:
Would like all the photos to post, as shoppers are visual.

Yes, tweets with photos are most likely to be clicked on, after all 'a picture is worth a thousand words'...
therristreasures

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it is an issue with "memes" on all those sites. Photos with words on them, or links which take one to the front page of a site, which may have an avatar on it, are currently banned until they are properly categorized and passed through. I know; I can post photos on Facebook but I can't boost the post. I can promote my sites, though, so there is limited contact. It is all due to the Russian meddling thing and is not likely to get better until much later.

I don't use Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. Twitter is limiting contact to 140 characters. One cannot say enough with 140 characters in a single tweet. Instagram is for those who want to post pictures but are not selling anything. And Pinterest is restricting to just posting the photos. I have tried them all out and nothing works better than Facebook.

I would suggest finding groups to which you can post, which will share them among the members, who in turn will share them with their friends. I don't know how much sharing goes on in the other sites, but your time is better spent creating a great product than getting spread out all over the internet only to lose or waste it trying to reach viewers who may or may not have an interest.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And Pinterest is restricting to just posting the photos

On Pinterest it has space for commentary under the photo as well as if you post it from your store, it will sender viewers to your store if they want to see more. Since they started doing the social buttons on the listing as well as the ten different ways for buyers to come to our stores, I only have had one buyer that I know of coming from FB, while on the other hand I've gotten 62 orders via Pinterest and even more via the Direct and Google routes. The google orers not coming through the ecrater fee path, things like G+, etc.

I think the thing is to try everything but remembering your audience. If I am listing over 20 iitems a day, I sure don't want to send 20 things to FB and have it look like I am spamming the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: