eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

products are disapproved from Google and not listed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bestsaddlesntack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot every body for help and instructions and it works
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therristreasures wrote:
First of all, your brand is okay for that but you need an identifier that Google will pass through.

Perhaps "660" is not long enough. It needs to be at least 6 digits or more. Don't put a bunch of 0s in front of it. if you are selling more than one object then you need to declare a department, type of product, and then the product number itself. I use my own catalog numbers (i.e. 210001, 1101701, etc.) and Google passes them through. This is an inventory number; you need to replace GTIN with something which is worthy of examination by the bot.

At the moment, the required attribute is currently [color:color] from a basic spectrum established by Google. Use the basics: blue, gold, silver, red, yellow, green, purple, and so on. Do not put anything in capital letters, always use all lower case.

I hope this helps.

You do not need a 6 digit mpn. Three digits will work as I have mpns that are only three digits long.

The attribute names can't be capitalized, but the attribute Values can be.

Color is only required as an attribute for clothing and I think this seller is selling Saddles.

Some of the other things you mention, I'm not even sure what you are actually talking about. Attributes are very important so we have to be clear on them and I am sure glad that a new list has now been posted in the last week or two as the other one wa very outdated!

ECRATER has now posted the latest list of needed/used attributes:

Quote:
The more RELEVANT attributes you include here the greater the chances to receive better placement in Google Product Search.

I. Unique Product Identifiers Attributes (brand is required for apparel; the rest attributes are required for all products but custom made and apparel)

brand - The brand name of the product.
example: Sony

mpn - Manufacturer's Part Number is a unique code determined by the manufacturer for that product.
example: HSC0424PP

gtin - In this attribute, you will include Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs) for your products. These identifiers include UPC (in North America), EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN (for books). If you are already including an attribute named 'upc', 'ean', 'jan', or 'isbn', you don't need to add this attribute.
example: 001234567891

upc - Universal Product Code is a 12-digit number often below the bar code of the item.
example: 834721479305

ean - EAN (used in Europe) is a 13-digit number.
example: 1001234567891

jan - JAN (used in Japan) is a 8 or 13-digit number.
example: 12345678 or 1234567890123

isbn - This is a unique 10 or 13-digit number assigned to every printed book.
example: 0451524233

identifier_exists - Use this if the item does not have unique product identifier
example: FALSE

II. Important Attributes (required for apparel)

color - The color of the item.
example: red

size - The size of an item. Appropriate values include: XS, S, M, L, XL, etc
example: M

material - The material the product is made out of.
example: leather

pattern - The pattern or graphic print featured on a product. For example, a t-shirt might have a logo of a sports team and have pattern values of "Bears", "Tigers", etc. A dress might come in two prints, and have pattern values of "Polka Dot", "Striped", "Paisley", etc.
example: Striped

gender - Gender of the item. Valid values are: Male, Female and Unisex
example: male

age_group - Target age group of the item. Valid values are: Adult and Kids
example: kids

III. Other attributes

age_range - The suggested age range for the toy.
example: 2-5

capacity - For electronic devices, the amount of memory included in a product. The value must be number and unit.
example: 128 MB

focus_type - The type of focus a camera has. Appropriate values include: auto, manual, fixed, etc.
example: manual

format - The format of the product.
example: DVD

genre - The genre of the product.
example: Rock and Roll

megapixels - The resolution of a digital imaging device. The value must be number and unit.
example: 5.2 MP

platform - The platform the game is on.
example: Nintendo Wii

rating - The rating of the product.For movies, include the MPAA rating, for video games, include the ESRB rating, etc
example: PG-13
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with MoonwishesStore's comment. I would like to add a little to her comments for the benefit of the OP and others who may be reading this topic.

Quote:
Color is only required as an attribute for clothing
Color is a required attribute for all items that fall under the Google Shopping category of Apparel & Accessories. This GS category includes clothing, handbags & wallets, Jewelry (including watches), and Shoes (including accessories like boot liners, shoe covers, shoelaces, etc.). For additional information on how to list the values for the attribute color, check out this link https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324487?hl=en&ref_topic=6324338 and review the sections titles "Minimum requirements" and "Best practices".

On the list copied from the info available in our admin., it's important to note that it isn't necessary to list the attributes of gender and age_group IF the eCRATER Global Category / subcategory define gender and/or age_group. For example, if you list shoes in the eCRATER Global Category of "Clothing & Shoes > Shoes > Men's Shoes", the attributes for both gender and age_group are defined by the category and would be submitted on the GS feed correctly. In this case it would not be necessary to add the attributes on your item listing page.

As another example, if you list a child's bracelet in the eCRATER Global category/subcategory of Jewelry & Watches > Children's Jewelry the age_group is given, but you will need to add the gender (male, female, or unisex).

You can add the attributes of gender and age_group if you wish, but I did want to point out that, in some cases, those attributes are added for us by eCRATER to the GS feed when we list in some categories.

If you want the best results from GS, you should be familiar with the rules and regs of GS. I suggest bookmarking this page for additional information: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?visit_id=0-636452374816688287-3379019066&rd=1. Do keep in mind this is written for folks who do their own feed. Many of the attributes are submitted by eCRATER for us based on the information you add on the item listing page, but there's lots of information that help understand a little bit of what GS is looking for today.

I would also like to add that Google Shopping may change their mind later today, tomorrow, or some future time after I've posted this info. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would also like to add that Google Shopping may change their mind later today, tomorrow, or some future time after I've posted this info. Laughing

Of course they will Sheila! My bet is in about a week or so just to mess up Black Friday sales for on line sellers. I know the Monday after is more for sellers but in this part of the country it is the first day of deer season here. Apparently long ago the schoold district gave up trying to keep the hunters in class so that Monday is now an official part of Thanksgiving weekend. I was stunned when I moved here from CA to find that school would let out so the guys could go hunt a deer. The guys that were volunteer fireman, if the whistle went off when school was in session, would catch the teacher's eye, he would nod okay and out the door they would go. I doubt they are allowed to do that anymore with all the rules, but in the small town I lived in then, many of the men were at jobs up to an hour hour away, without those guys helping with the fire, there would have been a lot of tragedies.
therristreasures

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, if my input is to be ignored I see no reason to participate further. Have a nice day.
irresistible-elegance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG..I FINALLY figured this out! LOL

I was completely reading it wrong..I feel like such a bone head! LOL

The identifier_exists:false that you add when there is no UPC for the GTIN in the US is the attribute value..and the "upc" is the attribute name..

I was completely having a brain fart and separating the attribute value itself..using the first half as the name..and the second half as the value.

Thank you all for helping me finally blow the brain fart free! LOL

The last feed was on the 10th..so I probably have to wait til the next go 'round to see if I did it right this time..

fingers crossed!

Thank you again!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The identifier_exists:false that you add when there is no UPC for the GTIN in the US is the attribute value..and the "upc" is the attribute name..

Perhaps I am not reading the above correctly, but this is how the attributes should look. If using them at the bottom of the listting page you need to put the codes in, ie. [!mpn:1234!] no spaces on either side of the colon, no capitals in the names, but okay in the values. If you fill your stuff in on the G page, you don't need the colons, I put them in to remind you to use them if you are doing this on the listing page. Hoping the line up correctly when I post this.

attribute name Attribute Value
upc: 123456789012
identifier_exists: false
brand: Simplicity
mpn: 1234
year: 2018
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therristreasures wrote:
Well then, if my input is to be ignored I see no reason to participate further. Have a nice day.

Never saw this until today. Wish I had, but the seller is no longer here. One of the hardest things on a forum is to not hurt someone's feelings, but considering how much can be at risk (your entire business success), not correcting incorrect information will not help anyone and in thier last post pretty much everything they said was incorrect. Attributes are tough to keep on top of.

I went the first year or two without a problem and then suddenly I was getting red exclamation marks. Then after years of selling when google said we didn't NEED upcs so I didn't put them in. Now they are needed and even though we have been working at it, I still have over 2000 listings that need fixed using the upc and unfortunately a lot of what I sell is pre-upc at least the 12 digit one. Google apparently doesn't think that anything over 20 years old is worth showing!
irresistible-elegance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps I am not reading the above correctly, but this is how the attributes should look. If using them at the bottom of the listting page you need to put the codes in, ie. [!mpn:1234!] no spaces on either side of the colon, no capitals in the names, but okay in the values. If you fill your stuff in on the G page, you don't need the colons, I put them in to remind you to use them if you are doing this on the listing page. Hoping the line up correctly when I post this.

attribute name Attribute Value
upc: 123456789012
identifier_exists: false
brand: Simplicity
mpn: 1234
year: 2018

So..I am still doing it wrong? LOL

If there is no UPC..I should do it like the first one listed above? The
Identifier_exists: then false?

What I have now is upc: identifier_exists:false

Uggggh...Ok..I will change all of mine now. I have the mpn, color, brand..etc..but some are still asking for the GTIN..meaning UPC for me..

So, I am again constipated with a brain fart yet again! LOL

If you could, before I go and change what I have..let me know if I am doing it wrong. I mean..you have it like you do have the upc..some items I do not..and those are the ones that are getting disapproved asking for the GTIN (UPC) so that is why I am putting it in like I have above..sorry if I am confusing you..heck..I am confusing myself..LOL..been up all night with a sick kiddo..and trying to do this Wink

Thank you Moon!!

I did not see that comment either..I am not on the forum that much..I did not even see what that seller originally added either...so sorry they had to leave..

I really do not know enough about the attributes to give any advice ..I am still learning..they keep changing. I, too, had the dreaded red exclamation marks! Ugggh..Now, even if your items are disapproved, they don't even make the "g" light so you know where to go...you have to click and search to find the ones that are messed up..

I love ecrater..but man..it is getting so hard to have your items shown in Google!

Thank you again Moon!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of how I have done my attributes, just quick examples. I don't go back and get rid of attributes when google doesn't want them anymore, just so you know. I do my attributes on the listing page, since most of them are copy/paste. I just change things for the individual pattern. Also usually when I am listing, I would do all Butterick patterns in a row, not just jump back and forth to make things easier for me. My brain is on drugs at all times, and we all know what that does to brain so don't feel bad Smile

Here is a pattern with NO upc:

[!brand:Butterick!][!mpn:3914,B3914!][!department:Misses!][!size:10!][!style:Pajamas,Nightgown,Robe,zipper front robe,hooded robe,bathrobe,long nightgown,pajama pants,pajama top,long robe,knee length robe!][!year:xxxx!][!identifier_exists:false!]

with a upc:

[!brand:Butterick!]
[!mpn:5545,6660,B5545!]
[!department:childrens,girls!]
[!size:2-5!]
[!style:leotard,dance leotard,tutu,skirt,tote bag,ponytail holder,dance costume,ballet costume!]
[!year:2001,2010!]
[!upc:031664435594!]

Why you might ask do I have more than one number in the mpn attribute? Giving away some minor secrets here. Some patterns are reprinted under new numbers, so I will list both. Some sites will look at the four digits submitted to the search, others such as Amazon, if the original page creator puts a letter in front of the pattern number, such as B5545, they will look for it if you use B5545, but will not return results if you just use 5545. What the search engines do is anyone's guess. Google accepts these mpn numbers, BUT this is only what I do, it isn't anything official with Google and certainly not in the instructions.

Quote:
I did not see that comment either. I am not on the forum that much..I did not even see what that seller originally added either...so sorry they had to leave..
The older I get the more I see that so many don't want to be corrected, even if they are wrong. Selling on line has helped to keep us in food and medication and all those things that a SSD check can't stretch far enough to handle. I don't want to see someone misled and then because of it, they get no sales and don't make any extra money.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@irresistible-elegance, let's start over and see if we can get you on the right track. One point I want to make first, there are 2 ways you can add your attributes.

The most common way to add attributes is to use the Google Attribute Table which you see when you click on the "G" button to the right of your product title when looking at your list of all products. It's also available from the item editing page by clicking the button "Google Attributes". When you are looking at the table there are 2 columns, one is Attribute Name and Attribute Value. There is also a blue question mark to the right of the Attribute Value. Clicking on the ? will open the information that Moon posted above which is the eCRATER help file. When you use the table, you must make sure there are NO spaces before or after the Attribute Name and the Attribute Name MUST be in lower case (no capital letters). When you use cut & paste sometimes you'll add a space at the end without realizing it and the attribute will fail. You can double check by looking at the code at the end of your description. In the Attribute Value column you MUST NOT have a beginning space and capital letters are fine. NOTE: Never add a colon in the Attribute Table.

The second way to add attributes is to type them in code at the end of the description. When you use the code you enter them as left square bracket, exclamation point, attribute name, colon, attribute value, exclamation point, right square bracket. The code would look like [!attribute_name:attribute_value!] or for a real world example [!brand:Pepsi!]. When you enter the information as a code there can be NO spaces except for space within the attribute value IF that space is part of the value. For example, if the brand name is Peach Tree and the brand is always shown with a space, then you could add the space in the middle of the name.

It doesn't matter which method you use. Once you hit the update or update and exit button, the attribute you entered will be displayed at the end of your description AND in the Google Attribute table. The code at the end of your description will not show when the item page is viewed in your store or marketplace unless you made an error.

Next, look at the information given by eCRATER when you click on the question mark. There are 3 sections. Section I. Unique Product Identifiers Attributes, Section II. Important Attributes (required for apparel), and III. Other attributes.

Section One deals with Global Trade Identification Numbers (GTIN). If you list an item as New or New-Other, you must enter the upc. If you don't have the upc, you should enter the brand and mpn unless it is a book. Books should have an isbn. If your item is handmade, used, a bundle you created yourself, a book printed without an isbn# , you should use the Attribute Name identifier_exists with an Attribute Value of false. (The Attribute Value can be entered as false, False, FALSE, no or No...all are acceptable.) If you enter an item on eCRATER and do not enter the upc, you may get a message from eCRATER that tells you to add the upc. THIS IS JUST A HELPFUL REMINDER! If you've entered your Unique Product Identifiers correctly, ignore the reminder. If you added an item without the attributes and you are trying to correct the attribute, make your correction. It can take up to a month or more for the reminder to go away from eCRATER. They send your new info to Google Shopping who has to process the correction AND send a notice back to eCRATER. This does NOT happen quickly or instantly. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to get a message to go away, just get your attributes correct and move on.

Section Two attributes are required if you sell items in Google Shopping's category of Apparel & Accessories which includes clothes, shoes, hats, gloves, wallets, purses, hair accessories, jewelry and watches. If in doubt, it's better to add the attribute. Go back and read the information I posted above related to these attributes.

Section Three are totally optional.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see Moon was posting while I was typing. Good information!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I think we need more sleep! LOL!
irresistible-elegance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Here are a couple of how I have done my attributes, just quick examples. I don't go back and get rid of attributes when google doesn't want them anymore, just so you know. I do my attributes on the listing page, since most of them are copy/paste. I just change things for the individual pattern. Also usually when I am listing, I would do all Butterick patterns in a row, not just jump back and forth to make things easier for me. My brain is on drugs at all times, and we all know what that does to brain so don't feel bad Smile

Here is a pattern with NO upc:

[!brand:Butterick!][!mpn:3914,B3914!][!department:Misses!][!size:10!][!style:Pajamas,Nightgown,Robe,zipper front robe,hooded robe,bathrobe,long nightgown,pajama pants,pajama top,long robe,knee length robe!][!year:xxxx!][!identifier_exists:false!]

with a upc:

[!brand:Butterick!]
[!mpn:5545,6660,B5545!]
[!department:childrens,girls!]
[!size:2-5!]
[!style:leotard,dance leotard,tutu,skirt,tote bag,ponytail holder,dance costume,ballet costume!]
[!year:2001,2010!]
[!upc:031664435594!]

Why you might ask do I have more than one number in the mpn attribute? Giving away some minor secrets here. Some patterns are reprinted under new numbers, so I will list both. Some sites will look at the four digits submitted to the search, others such as Amazon, if the original page creator puts a letter in front of the pattern number, such as B5545, they will look for it if you use B5545, but will not return results if you just use 5545. What the search engines do is anyone's guess. Google accepts these mpn numbers, BUT this is only what I do, it isn't anything official with Google and certainly not in the instructions.

Quote:
I did not see that comment either. I am not on the forum that much..I did not even see what that seller originally added either...so sorry they had to leave..
The older I get the more I see that so many don't want to be corrected, even if they are wrong. Selling on line has helped to keep us in food and medication and all those things that a SSD check can't stretch far enough to handle. I don't want to see someone misled and then because of it, they get no sales and don't make any extra money.

OK..I am so sorry for all of the questions...I just want to make sure I am doing this right..

I click on the "g" to do the attributes..
some of my items do have the UPC..some do not. That is where my issue lies
So..if I have a brand new item and they are requiring the UPC..for the Attribute name I would put in upc and the Attribute Value I would put in identifier_exists:false

Or..do I not enter upc in the name field and only put identifier_exists:false in there?

Again..I am so sorry..I do not know WHY this is so difficult for me to wrap my big head around..

Thank you so much for all of your help!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are selling something brand new, why doesn't it have a upc? Regardless, upc is basically, in the US I think it is, what google wants to see along with brand and mpn. If an item has a upc, then on the G page, you put upc in the attribute name column and on the attribute value put the actual number. If you don't have the upc, then in the attribute name, you put identifier_exists and in the attribute value you would put false.

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: