eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing about slow sales, was ebay was just as slow for me after the first year and all the rules and worry and the constant relisting.

The threat of forced returns, if you sell things that have no sentimental value or no real value, then you won't care if someone returns and lose money over junk.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better-Way -- You said it with all the rules. I felt like by the time I quit eBay that I had spent 2 years doing nothing but getting my listing in line with their new rules. As soon as I was caught up with one new rule the they would make another that HAD to be done and so it went for 2 years. I barely had time to list anything new, although I was selling so my inventory count was very depleted. Then I came here and once I had what had been active on eBay listed here I was back to work listing again. Those last few months were hard as well as sales plummeted and my fees were about what my income was or the fees were even more. I couldn't afford to support eBay and all their well paid CEOs and other henchmen.

I hated returns and the few things that I sold as AS IS no refunds, the buyer always found some flaw and demanded a refund anyhow.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around the Sport Cards category.

Again. Fellow collectible sellers. Use the photo, tittle and description to the max. Many of the traffic in eCrater is from the search engines. The bots will search for great big photos, tittles, and descriptions.

For example if you list Michael Jordan or Iron Man card. Add more details to the tittle and description. It is not enough just using "Michael Jordan or Iron Man card #001" in the tittle then repeat the same in the description. The Google attributes is the listing part aren't friendly for collectibles without UPC. So use some SEO in the tittle and description.

Example:

Tittle: Marvel Metal (Fleer) Iron Man Card ##
Description:
Marvel Metal 1995 (Inaugural Edition)
Avengers Card ##: Iron Man

Card Condition: Near Mint (NM)
Brand/Manufacturer: Fleer
Year: 1995

Visit my store blabla... My S&H specials blablaba. etc
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a minor adjustment to the above...you should always include the product type in the title. So, rather than just saying "card" you should add "collector's" or "collectible" before that.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the trading cards are collectibles. The "collectibles" is a common adjective use for things that people collect. The "collectors" are the people that collect.

Now if those words are part of the title of the item. It is another story.

Easy exercise. Give me 10 items that can be collectible. Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex was a 'collector'. He had all sorts of junk that he collected. Some maybe he could have sold for a few bucks, but last I knew he was collecting bobblehead dolls and commemorative plates. He just turned 69. So does he collect bobbleheads or does he expect them to rise in value before he dies or does he really like to decorate his room with that stuff? He is just weird.

For me, anything being advertised as 'collectible' tells me that it isn't. Many people buy these things thinking they are going to hit the jackpot or what? If the Bradford Exchange sells 250,000 of a certain 'collectible' there isn't much leeway for the price to rise. Unlike, something that a person got as a gift when they were 4-5 and they never opened it and only discovered it when they graduate college and come home and pack up their stuff. Then depending on the scarcity, it may be collectible as new in the box.

I have a few patterns that I consider collectible as they are over 100 years old. I don't really want to sell them, but if someone wants to plunk down $100 bucks for them, I would take the money. I also have some women's magazines in a newspaper format that are also over 100 years old. I don't have them up for sale as I want to make scans of every page and use the scanned sheets in my crafting projects.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore, you got the point. Humans like to collect stuff and anyone can be a collector of collectibles. Anything can become a collectible item. Cool

Also another reason not to use it in the description is because item are already in the Category. Example, here in eCrater and eBay, Non-Sport Cards are under the main category of Collectibles.

-------------------------

Now taking a short serious moment about "Collectors". Not to offense, just to share. In the past year, I got more info about the Hoarding disorder. I noted that some people with that mental illness try to cover themselves as "Collectors".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We watched one of the hoarding shows for a while. I can understand clutter and too much stuff, but people with thousands of dollars of new clothes with tags on that have never been worn and never will be I couldn't understand the shopping and waste of money at all. And then the ones with feces all over their house on the floors, piles of it, totally gross bathrooms that make an outhouse look positively sterile. Then all the rotting and wasted food and a kitchen that isn't even usable because of the stacks of junk or those that walk through their houses a foot or more above the floor as the trash has gotten that deep. You know someone has a real mental health problem when they can't throw out the hair clogs from the shower/tub. That stuff is so gross and I have seen shows where they are saving it and have a real problem letting go.

Currently my sewing/crafty areas are filled to overflowing as I have had an opportunity to get a lot of free supplies and I took advantage of that. On a very limited budget, I don't have money to buy craft supplies so I take what I can get. This year I was able to get 126 NEW spools of machine embroidery thread in all different colors. Now I do machine embroidery when I have time. Should I have passed the opportunity up and then when I need
a color have to go buy a spool for $5-6? I have received many blessings. One of the things I am doing is finding out of what I got, what is the best quality and is it for an activity that I enjoy? One thing I have shied away from for a long time since I have allergic reactions to dust on my hands (made moving and packing boxes difficult) so I hadn't looked into using pastels. So I got a box and tried them yesterday only because they were each paper wrapped except for maybe half an inch at one end. Well they were dusty and I got them all over my hands, and didn't enjoy the experience. Most likely I will be putting the box up for sale so someone can enjoy them, but other art supplies I have found to be wonderful and will enjoy using them for a long time.

With limited energy, going through and weeding out things takes me so much longer than I used to, but even collectors have to do that. I don't knit or crochet, but I can use yarn for decoration on fabrics, so 5 skeins of red run of the mill yarn, needs sent to the thrift store. If I find I don't use the unique skeins, I will find a knitter or crocheter that can put them to good use. Hoarders can't do this. They think that they can't throw out an old pizza crust or box and that is a mental health problem.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking the Promote Your eCRATER Store section in the forum.

In any forum or site allowing this promotion topics. Avoid the "bump" and the spamming in multiple topics. Rolling Eyes
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of forums don't allow links in signature sadly. At least in the Collectibles places
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree some forums avoid users to use signature hyperlinks, but they allow you to promote your site.

Now getting back to topic. In eCrater, avoid closing the store to open a new stores similar like previous one. It takes time to get traffic in special from Google unless you sell something hot.

READERS. I know the topic get lost in some point. But if you are a "niche" or a "collectible" seller take a moment and apply the recommendations mentioned around in the topic.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you are a "niche" or a "collectible" seller take a moment and apply the recommendations mentioned around in the topic.

I think that is why I had fairly good success selling sewing patterns. I have been using them for well over 50 years, I know what buyers need to know when doing my listings, and I know that they need to be able to SEE the pattern so I scanned them which gave me close up views to post as opposed to some sellers who would lay the pattern on the floor and take a photo standing up and being sure that no detail other than a dog's snout was showing. I understand that sewing patterns aren't sterile items, but I still don't want one that has been on the floor where people and dogs are walking.

Sewing and sewing patterns is an activity that I have enjoyed for years. Even today with no shelf space left for more books, I picked up 7 quilting/craft books at the thrift store. Hadn't been there in a long time but had some stuff to drop off. Cubit space wise, I left behind more than I brought home! I also made a project over the weekend, that took some stuff out of my sewing room and now are in a bag for my son to take to his grandmother's. So little by little I am making space, but still appreciate the blessings that have been poured out on me. To know that I have everything I will ever need for crafting and sewing for the rest of my life with plenty left over for my DIL to inherit gives me joy.
GreenleafID

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my shop is also so very rarely visitors even it has been several days without visitors at all.. is there a solution for that? Please help
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenleafID wrote:
my shop is also so very rarely visitors even it has been several days without visitors at all.. is there a solution for that? Please help

How long has your store been open? It seems like maybe less than a week maybe? Have you done Google attributes for all of your listings so that google will show them if someone searches for what you are selling.

As you mentioned the other day, you need to learn more about how to promote you store. There are a lot of threads that have advice on that but simply take advantage of social media such as Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

Also I just looked at one of your listings: 'Plant syngonium wendlandii | Free phytosanitary certificated' you have used 60 characters total for your title. You are allowed 100 here. You want the most important words first, but that is valuable 'real estate' to a seller. When a potential buyer goes to the eCRATER marketplace, searches are only done through titles so if you don't have the 'magic' words in your title, your listing won't come up.

Your listing itself tells a buyer nothing. You don't even have the name of the plant in the listing description or the common name or names of the plant. You say the photo is for reference only and then post three nearly identical photos. The only thing kind of specific to the plant is how many leaves it has. Then you have a whole bunch of boilerplate about shipping etc. I had already mentioned this to you. That information should be part of your terms of service. If you take it out, you will see that you have basically no description.

I realize that for the shipping you have to charge what you have to charge, but that is a lot of money to spend on a plant as most are around $100+. If I am spending that kind of money on a plant I want to know a whole lot more about it. All of its names that you can find. How big will it grow. What kind of growing conditions does it need, etc. etc.

You need to be much more clear about refunds. If I get a dead plant, I want ALL my money back. Why should a buyer lose up to $30+ if a plant arrives dead through no fault of their own.

I do not mean to be rude here, but you really need the help of a native English speaker to help you write clearly and concisely so that it is understandable. In reading about getting the plant through quarantine, it is hard to tell if that is what you do or the buyer has to do. I assume it is you, but if not, that needs to be really clear. Some folks coming to selling online thinking that it doesn't require them to be very professional. I'm not saying that you look at it that way, but even if you work at your computer in your pajamas, doesn't mean you shouldn't have your store and all the text and photos be as professional looking as possible. Buyers will have more confidence in buying from a store that looks like the seller knows what they are doing, and that includes how you write things in your store.

You will not have a flood of customers here especially at first, partly due to what you are selling, and new sellers it takes a while to get the word out that you are here and you have to have your store set up in such a way that sellers would want to buy from you.
GreenleafID

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's all the original names of the plants, it's impossible for me to make up another name, I use the name of the original plant, my photos are actually real but sometimes when not sold each plant will definitely add leaves and that I can change the price so why do I say photo It's just a reference and I didn't include the number of leaves because at any time the leaves could add up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: