eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VandysVarietyShoppe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@purpleiris - I remember you from both Etsy and Bonanza and I do agree with you on much of what you have said about both. I left and returned to Etsy a couple of times and I think 3 times with Bonanza and neither site could/would maintain their values from their early beginnings. For me the only site I have maintained a more constant presence has been eBay but I know my days are numbered there due to their pending new payment method which in 3 years time will eliminate the ability to have PayPal as main payment as they move to Adyen payments system, which will be mandatory for all sellers. My most recent return to Bonanza to be short lived as visibility there is becoming a big problem ... I expect the possibility of giving eCRATER another chance is imminent - at least listings from eCRATER are searchable on Google.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VandysVarietyShoppe - Why does eBay moving to Adyen as the main payment processor have you contemplating leaving there entirely? Do you know anything about it? And pardon me if I'm coming off as condescending or rude...I legitimately know nothing about that company (aside from what you can get from visiting their site) and was just wondering what was so bad about them. The fees seem around one percent higher, but eBay says they're making the change because it will DROP fees for merchants, so I'm figuring they're negotiating a better deal for eBay sellers.

Truth be told, I'm kind of excited at the idea of them trying something new, but honestly not sure how the experiment will turn out.
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, continuing the discussion about sales (which has kind of gotten off course from the original point, but OP seems to have disappeared so that makes it fair game, lol) has anyone tried Mercari?

Like many people that come here, I made a half-assed attempt to sell there back in April, was rather frustrated by the lack of sales, and then vowed never to go back. After researching them a bit, and finding out their niche, I went back and had around 15 sales there in about a month. The downside is that their niche tends to center around cheap/poor buyers (haha, seriously; well, that and Rae Dunn), so I didn't make a lot of money, but I managed to quickly clear out inventory that's been sitting around for a while. And if you're selling larger/heavier items, using their pre-paid shipping labels will potentially save you an insane amount over shipping it yourself.

I agree about Etsy...I have no interest in selling there. The listing fees are absurd and really add up quickly and the "rules" for what can be sold seem to switch up every few months. Like you guys said, it seems like it tried to be niche, realized they were limiting the amount of money they could make, and then broadened their scope solely for the sake of making more money. No thanks.

As for Bonanza, I have to say it's my second-favorite place to sell besides eCrater. The buyers are friendly, and many will pay top-dollar for the items they really want. I usually price my items around $15-20 higher there than I'm expecting to get, and then set it to "price negotiable", with an automatically-accepted price down to around the price I'm expecting. I may just be lucky (and I don't get a ton of sales there), but I'd say about 40-50% of the time, people pay the displayed price without trying to negotiate down. That's a refreshing change from the lowballs you get just about everywhere else. Only downside is their selling app sucks and the main app I use for listing doesn't work there, so it's the only site I have to manually create listings for.

I've always had a soft spot for eCrater, though, for the same reasons many of you have. eCrater was the first place I started selling, during my few failed business attempts in the past. I quickly learned the problem wasn't the site, but just what I was selling (or how I wasn't really putting any effort into promotion). I never held it against eCrater, because as far as I'm concerned, you can't really fault a free site too much for lack of traffic (except for eBid...as much as I want to like them, I swear buyers are nonexistent).

eBay is pretty much the way everyone portrays it as: A shady, greedy corporate machine that caters to buyers, but it at least earns that right by having the right traffic. It's like that cocky athlete who's one of the best in their sport: You hate them but have to begrudgingly admit that they're good at what they do. The fees are a serious knock, but if you have enough profit margin to withstand them, you can really raise your income. I don't pay to have a store or anything there, but they give you 50 free listings a month. Highlight your best items and see how they do with no real investment (if they don't sell).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I no longer sell or buy on eBay, I believe that the problem with the new payment processor isn't that the processor is going to be Ayden, it isn't. eBay will be collecting the payments and disbursing them to sellers as they see fit! With all the glitches that eBay has, do you want them collecting and holding your money? I sure wouldn't! Perhaps I have misunderstood the many posts I have seen about this, but it isn't the new processor, it is eBay doing the money handling that has most of the folks up in arms.
heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Very Slow In Sales Reply with quote

I read on the Ebay website that there will only be a 2.7% fee, which is cheaper than Paypal at 2.9% with no monthly charge. In other words they will be like Paypal except a cheaper fee rate. Knowing Ebay's record, that is more than likely a starting fee just to get the seller to switch to Ebay payment.

My problem is, how long will it take a seller to get their money? With Paypal, it is within a day or 2. Do not sell a lot of Ebay however, there are things a seller must consider before switching to Ebay payment method entirely.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique - eBay's payment system will not be in place for quite some time yet and will not be available to all for an even longer period of time....still in the testing stages = some sellers have been invited to participate in the Beta testing and for those sellers who do choose to opt in to the Beta testing,they are not able to opt out and PayPal is not an option in the Beta testing.
...no matter which way you look at it, eBay will become MORE expensive for sellers...
The Fall Seller Update indicates some increased fees = it's a win-win situation for eBay but continues to become more and more a lose-lose for sellers.
As a longtime eBay seller, who sees the writing on the wall, I am gradually moving all my listings to other venues.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joystarr, are you still here?

If you are still listing the same way. You never will see a difference in sales.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
joystarr, are you still here?

If you are still listing the same way. You never will see a difference in sales.

They updated their store yesterday. I didn't look at all their inventory but did see a bunch of the title the same as the description.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MoonwishesStore.

Readers. Here in eCrater there is a lot sellers ready to help you answering questions and doubts. Some even adding recommendations and suggestions.

You want sales. Be open mind and be ready to make changes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thetomsboutique - just visited your store and clicked on the monkey wearing the headphones. I think my oldest son would love that only with your description attached. It is so much the kind of thing he would say. Only I don't know if his wife would approve or the new baby of that hanging on the wall in their house. It isn't like he is a college kid in a dorm or something. Anyhow, That is the perfect thing to say with that poster.

Hey just realized you live near him. If you see an ad for a group called Lost Orchards playing, he would love for you to stop on in. Not sure when their next performance is as he just became a father to the most amazing little girl!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Elperles! How you doing and better yet how is the recovery in PR doing. Is life getting to be somewhat normal yet?

One of the hardest things for me about being disabled is not being able to be out and about volunteering and helping others as needed. So one of the reasons that I try to help here and also the better every seller does, the better we all do. I didn't grow up to not be helpful. Of course, some don't like the help. But I know I try to never say anything with malice. Still, remember the seller that was trying to sell photos. The titles were Rose 1, the next title was Rose 2 and so on and then I think the description was the same thing. No explanation of what was being sold such as was it a photo or a painting or whatever. Nor a size. Or who took them. Nothing. But that didn't mean to abandon all hope, it just meant the seller had a whole lot of work to do.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, things are normal to us in the city and urban areas. I know some remote areas of the island have issues. But all of us we are still facing the bad politicians. Laughing
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Yes, things are normal to us in the city and urban areas. I know some remote areas of the island have issues. But all of us we are still facing the bad politicians. Laughing

I don't know about anyone else but I'd love it if you would post about your experience living through the hurricane and the long aftermath. Starting a topic in one of the non selling sections.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would think it would be interesting as well since your rural areas are so much different than ours. I think I have been in at least one of every natural disaster except for a tsunami (no thanks), but how we handle things like that in urban areas in the states is so different than some scenes we see on TV.

One weird thing I have noticed is that since I have lived in this area now for the most part since I was almost 16 I notice things from having grown up in S. CA that others don't notice. Like several mild earthquakes. I feel them and no one else notices them. I have to go online to find out yeah it was a mild one. Yet if you ask people in my area what the chance of us having an earthquake they would probably look at you like you are nuts and say that we don't get earthquakes here! People tend to think it can't happen here because it hasn't yet.

But I would love to hear about your insights and is anything being done to help the same sort of thing, not happen again. You can't stop the weather, but you can guard in some ways the severe after effects.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MaggietheCatsMeows. If I have the time I will write something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: