eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoelaces, after looking how Google and some search engines are working. The 1rst time I recommend is update some text so the store looks with a newer "Last Updated Date". If they noted stuff without new content or change they just disappear from visibility because the bots do not need to search again.

Out of topic. One observation, your home store looks that I can not read are your intro.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Elperles. Almost daily I tweak a few things in my store and with around 8000 items there is always something to fix or update.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Updated: 10 Jan 2020 13:03:56 PST

Lets try the simple recommendations.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone started to sell their items in Australia through Ecrater AU ?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK marketplace was introduced in Sept 2011 with the AU Marketplace introduced in Oct 2011. Since this option has been available for over 8 years, I would guess there is a huge number of eCrater sellers who sell on all 3 marketplaces. It is also possible to sell to those countries from your USA store without actually selling on the other 2 marketplaces. There are some sellers who did sell on both the UK and AU Marketplaces before the international rates for International First Class Parcel went up dramatically. That is the least expensive way to ship AND still add tracking.

I would point out that it would be a storewide option, so you would need to be able to ship all your items to the international location.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Sheila mentioned, I am one of those that finally had to stop selling internationally unless someone asks and then I am delighted to do so, but I have to be able to have accurate weights to give correct postage prices and I just couldn't do that anymore. I only use the matrix and it has been wonderful, but to have something that gets listed as a regular pattern, and early on I had missed the fact when listing that it weighed 6 ounces and so I am off $$$$ for the shipping. It used to be if I had to chip in $1 for shipping, no problem. Now it is much more serious.

At one point, my UK and AUS stores brought in 20% of our income. I also will buy something for customers off of Amazon and ship to them, for a small fee.

Sheila is correct in that if you have an item listed that weighs 15# but when you go to pack it, it becomes 16-17# you end up crying about the fact that the postage took any and all profit. Nor can you ask for more money other than what was charged initially.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Australia and UK. Long time I do not see a complete transaction by those version. Only just orders without payment.

Last Updated: 10 Jan 2020 13:03:56 PST

On more time. We are asking help to increase sales. Lets try the simple recommendations.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow sellers, there is a lot of great info in this forums. Use the info available, apply recommendations, then wait to see if they are working.

Just some recommendations in general because long time ago traffic is control by the search bots.
1) For any stores use name of the categories that describe what is the item. Avoid using custom categories, use that in Pinterest or your blog.
2) Use the tittle and the description to sell your item. They must complement each other. Avoid both have the same. Avoid telling the "How I Met Your Mother" of the item.
3) Maintain your store active. Avoid uploading all your items in one day. Googlebot like to see active sites with new info.
4) Use Pinterest, Facebook, forums, etc to promote your items.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now directly to the fellow collectors and it specific trading card collectors.

If you are selling your cards online in a site like eCrater for more than 4 years with more than 500 items listed and you are not getting at least 1 little sale every 3 months. You are doing something wrong. I recommend read this topic and others in the forum.

Another thing always to remind to all fellow sellers in eCrater. Many of the traffic is from the search engines. If you have a store with already some traffic (check your Google Analytics, it is free). Closing and starting from scratch a store in eCrater. It does not work like eBay because the traffic origins. eBay's main traffic is from the users/members of the site.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally nearing 500 listings and hope to see an increase in attention from the search engines, especially since I just individually edited every single one of my listings. Of course, I will be doing my marketing via Pinterest and I think I'm going to go back to sending it to Twitter at the same time (haven't done that in a long time because I wasn't using my account). Since I FINALLY got my shipping setup all sorted out to something I can live with, I will continue listing the rest of my items, which will have me at around 1,000 listings. So, we'll see how it goes. =)
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation about "Listing vs Editing". If you have already your store running.

Listing must be the priority.

Editing as needed and when time is available.

Now about "Listing & Editing" vs the search bots. My recommendation divide stuff. Avoid doing everything in one day.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there were categories that were long neglected that still had the old biz name and what-not. Throughout this year, I have listed close to 400 additional items and have about 600+ to go. So, there's no shortage for me to list. LOL As for the editing, many of the listings were simply stale from neglect and, considering how little Google-love my shop has been getting for a while, I figured a (late) spring cleaning was due. I've also been making sure I get all of my external links corrected...Pinterest is next and I have a lot of new stuff to pin to fill up some of the empty categories that have been waiting.

From this point forward, my time will be split between listing, marketing, blogging, personal obligations and life. LOL I won't need to do anymore editing after this -- not even of attributes -- and my new shipping setup will ONLY require that I update the matrix for my backup Priority shipping, which I'm charging customers retail Standard rates for. Tomorrow I'll be gardening in this perfectly PERFECT weather we're having!

This will be the first time ever that I have had an entirely clean shop -- and just in time for the holiday season! YAY ME! =)
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's election time. Everyone generally holds on to every penny they have during election. It is a stressful time, fear abounds. I believe that's the reason for the November month. That gives big business the month of December to recover. Christmas.

Then the huge sell offs come in waves - like, (black Friday, good Friday, end of year clearance, over stock reduction, etc. etc. etc.).

However, no matter who wins these elections, everything will return to someone's idea of normal, this will happen within a few days after the dust settles. All will settle back in, and life will go on, us little guy's and gal's will make some extra cash. For about 4 years.

That has been my experience.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During Feb 2020 when this thread was a bit active, my sales had been steadily increasing, which I can see looking back over this past year at this point. Sales this weekend so far has pushed me past what I sold gross in Feb. 2020 Very Happy. This is the very best year we have had in a very long time. Sales depend highly on what people need and this year, for once, I was in the sweet spot. But then I have been pushing to do all the recommended things all along. And I sell in a niche which is a huge way to make marketing and promoting your store easier. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: