eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picky,
People are trying to help by giving suggestions, not being rude and not trying to tell you how to run your store.

They are googling your store and your items in an attempt to help figure out why your items are not selling so they can help you. It is not you or what is in your store it is the crazy atmosphere out there in ecommerce. Youtubers are preaching to a crowd of people that lost their jobs and are telling them that they can get rich selling online.

All these new sellers are cleaning out their attics, basements and closets. It also seems to me that there are more sellers that scour the thrift stores than there ever were. They are saturating the online market with books, cds, homegoods and other items. These people often have such low prices that it seems not even worth it to list your items at a decent price because these sellers are just giving their items away.

Your items are being seen. I googled your - Bundt Cake Pan Avocado. It was showing at the top of my page in Shopping. But, yours was the highest price. 3 other sellers were selling at lower prices. Your price is justified because it is a collectible, vintage pan but there are too many other people undercutting your price.

The good news is that being shut in has taught so many more people how to shop online, so we all just have to hang in there and maybe the competition will not be able to stay the course like us old timers have.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not reading anymore. You people insist that you are trying to help when all your doing is rubbing salt into a wound. The fact that you would keep coming at me the way you are just goes to show what kind of bullying goes on here.

I tell you that's not my problem or that is has nothing to do with my problem and you insist on belittling and harassing with MORE "help", insulting me and claiming I'm unwilling to listen.

Well, I am now.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Your items are being seen. I googled your - Bundt Cake Pan Avocado. It was showing at the top of my page in Shopping. But, yours was the highest price. 3 other sellers were selling at lower prices. Your price is justified because it is a collectible, vintage pan but there are too many other people undercutting your price.

Okay, I read your post, after all, and thank you for the kind words. I do understand the situation out there. About the above, though, I'm just curious, do their prices including shipping? Shipping will take close to half of the price I have set and is why I included it in the price rather than pricing something low with high shipping. I can't always run my business to account for the actions of inexperienced sellers. At this point, though, I need to get rid of this stuff to make room for other endeavors and would rather sell it than just give it away (I need a new computer). So I will probably seriously reduce prices on at least media products because they take up the most space -- ornaments, too.

P.S. -- I don't know how y'all are seeing my items, but I'm not, especially considering I'm searching based on location. I see more stuff from overseas than anything even remotely local. Also, I hope y'all are considering the fact that I solely rely on Google organic, NOT Shopping. I've never been a fan and this is the only place I pay for it.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in the Google search box - Vintage Bundt Cake Pan Avocado

They showed 5 pictured ads right at the top with prices. All were from Etsy but yours. Two showed prices of 15.00, one was 29.00. The other ad had a pan that was Nordic Ware but it was not the same pan. Mailing costs were not indicated in the pictures and I had to click to see that the 15.00 had a mailing cost of $8 or $9. The 29.00 pan was free shipping.

I am not sure why we see what we see when we are searching. Sometimes I see my items on page one but then again sometimes they are buried on the 6th page of searches.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastade, seeing those Bundt pans listed as vintage made me feel old. I had one, of course, in avocado back in the late 70s. I made my husbands birthday cake in it every year as he liked a chocolate coconut cake with the white coconut making a tunnel through the chocolate. It was a mix but one day I found a recipe for it as they had d/c'd the mix and so I could still make him the cake every year from scratch. I'm sure he has never had another one since I am the only one that ever made it for him. I ended up getting rid of one of my Bundt pans and I think it was that one as it was too hard to clean. All those little ridges.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use mine and I love making cakes in them. I remember that cake mix!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like the recipe holler and I will see if I can find it. I thought it was great and after our divorce I tried to see if anyone wanted a copy of the recipe, but they didn't.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All these new sellers are cleaning out their attics, basements and closets. It also seems to me that there are more sellers that scour the thrift stores than there ever were. They are saturating the online market with books, cds, homegoods and other items. These people often have such low prices that it seems not even worth it to list your items at a decent price because these sellers are just giving their items away.

lastade-designs, agree with you. If people is selling to clean their houses, they are moving or are in a need for money. They will sale good stuff for cents.

Right now, the pandemic has opened the window to a lot of new sellers just interesting to get fast money. And those with money are searching for deals.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right now, the pandemic has opened the window to a lot of new sellers just interesting to get fast money. And those with money are searching for deals.

Too true. And the worst thing is they believe the bits about making good money easy and fast. On a financial forum that I go to, whenever someone comes on that needs more money in their lives and ask how they can make money, posters come out of the woodwork to suggest selling online as something fast and easy and they can make money doing so. However, of the people that respond, I think I am the only one that has sold a single thing online. These others are just parroting what they have heard others say and what they have read. I tell them the truth, that yes you can earn money selling online, but it is not quick, it is not easy and you most likely won't make what you want to make.

I had a friend ask me if I could sell her Little Tikes table for her. I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said $10. Then I had to explain about fees, postage - I would guess one of those tables would cost at least $100 to ship and I for one wasn't willing to package it up. She looked like she wanted to swallow her tongue. Some things just should be sold at yard sales or donated to a friend that could use it or donated to the thrift store.

Now it is even worse and there are so many scammers out there as well who will take your money and never send a thing. When I see sellers like that here, it makes me want to rip my hair out as some will judge an entire site by one seller. I saw something really cute today for sale by an eCRATER seller so I went to their store so I could Pin the item I saw. When I saw their feedback and their responses to all their negatives, I decided not to pin the item. I'm not about to help a bad seller by promoting their store. Especially since they aren't following rules here of having things in stock to sell. They are making some of their buyers wait over a month before shipment! The buyers are not happy let me tell you.

With no idea of how much longer this pandemic is going to last, I suspect that some who jump on the selling bandwagon won't go off because even if they net only $100/month it is better that waiting for a stimulus check when you have no food.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once we get over the pandemic and people go back to their regular jobs, it may get better for those sellers that stick it out.
I have had people ask me to sell things for them online and I tell them that I will help them get started if they want to set up a store. Most don't want to do that and those that do fizzle out from lack of effort on their part. I helped my sister set up an Ecrater store and she listed 2 things. She now has the "this store has not been updated" on her listings. I have told her she needs to shut her store down. It gets on my nerves these people on the Youtube channels and "media influencers" that think selling online is a path to wealth and riches when it comes down to hard work. It is not something you can learn by watching a video.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It gets on my nerves these people on the Youtube channels and "media influencers" that think selling online is a path to wealth and riches when it comes down to hard work.

I found a book on Kindle telling you how to make passive income. I downloaded a sample and the first 'Passive' income idea that this guy gave was to sell on Amazon! There is nothing passive about it! Even those that are raking in a million $$$ net each month are having to work actively in the business. Needless to say, I didn't bother to buy the book.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pans are heavy. They must not be pre-packaging and weighing their items because it certainly costs more than $8-9 to ship even to lower zones. I don't compete with those who don't know what they're doing. It would make absolutely no sense for me to reduce my prices to what they have because they're just setting themselves up to lose money.

ETA: Just looked at mine and it weighs four pounds to ship.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would name a category like that. It makes you feel like the customer is stupid, generally speaking, not everybody. I would just use "Sold Items" and no other text.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would just use "Sold Items" and no other text.

The problem with that is, if an item is sold and is on 'hold', it won't show up in any category in your store that a buyer can see. If someone finds an old link to a sold item out in cyberspace, then they can ask about it. Otherwise, while we could see in our store admin area items in that category, buyers can see the category but no items. So a "Sold Items" category shows nothing in it and potential buyers might think that you haven't sold a thing and wonder why, and may go elsewhere.

When someone finds a link out on the net and asks to buy it, I tell them that it is sold out and it is an old link and then I send them a link to items that are in the category such as pajamas that they are looking for. Not everyone buys, but some do which is great.

Now that I am going to be not working with the business as much, I am going to be deleting a lot of the long sold items that I have no hopes of getting anymore as I am not looking to buy more inventory as we will be selling a lot of ours to my older son who also sells patterns online. Depending on the pattern and when it sold, will depend on whether it gets deleted or not at this point, as I don't want to get rid of sales within the last few months, in case someone thinks that they bought from me. But they get that idea usually since I still have an open listing for it.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see, glad I didn't make a category for that Things I have I will never have again, but I believe it adds some keywords out there. There is people who ask if I still had something, several times. A good ecrater upgrade would be to make a choice "sold" or "on hold" to solve that problem. So I figure if they found those links, it will still add exposure for the store and browse other things. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: