eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very slow in sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do say 'on hold'. I get people asking me that if the person doesn't pay they will. And then I have folks that the sound of the email is of entitlement, as in I can pay you right NOW and I need it. Why hold it for someone that can't pay, etc.? I just tell them they found an old link and then send them a link to other patterns that would be similar.

The sold stuff that they find is still in its original category too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue is that I keep all sales for recordkeeping purposes and having all those sold items mixed in with active listings is just a PITA when working on one's shop. I don't want to have to weed through all the excess -- or accidentally edit a sold listing. We need to have a place to archive our sold items, but we aren't provided one. Hence, an empty category.

Not my fault eCrater doesn't have a way to archive sold listings.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I just now had the thought...most of those sales happened elsewhere (where I have the actual record), so I could delete pretty much a majority of them.

I bet you anything that, afterward, there won't be many sold listings to weed through...75 to be exact. So, I could just delete that category altogether. COOL BEANIE WEANIES! Razz

P.S. -- Who'da thunk having so few sales could be a good thing? LOL

ETA: DONE! Smile
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way, agree about the "SOLD" instead of the "Hold".

I received from time to time those questions about sold items. If you read their messages. Many write like you have the item waiting for someone. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Many write like you have the item waiting for someone. Laughing

I don't mind that they think that is is on hold for someone, it is the ones who think they can jump to the head of the line because they can pay RIGHT NOW! They don't know the circumstances of if something is on hold, but their emails reek of the 'me first' philosophy. Some of them that I have gotten were so nasty soundly, I wouldn't want to sell to them, unless maybe my babies were starving, and thankfully they are grown up and responsible for getting their own food so I don't have to sell to people like that.

In general, most sewers are very nice, extending themselves to help others, etc. but every once in a while you run into a real lulu. When I could go to quilt guild, in the whole large group, there was only one like that. She was always very opinionated, that that her quilts were the best (not particularly), When we had a quilt show that the community could come see, she refused to have any of hers on display which is fine her choice, but she was so down on it, thinking someone would steal one of her quilts and she made sure everyone knew why she didn't want to exhibit a quilt, and the way she talked, it was like all the rest of us were stupid for displaying theirs. When a famous quilter died unexpectedly, someone had instituted a savings account to help her daughter with future education/college. She made sure everyone in our guild knew what SHE thought of that idea, and yet again with the implication that anyone that did or might donate, she thought was a fool and why would this woman's daughter need extra help anyhow? I Had actually met the mom, dad and the daughter, and while I didn't have money to contribute, I did think it was a nice gesture for those that wanted to contribute. But my thing was why did this woman think she had to diss everyone and everything? The only thing I don't miss about not being able to go to quilt guild. The rest of those ladies that sew and are so super nice, is the norm.

But I try to tell everyone the same thing. That they found an old link and the item is sold out and here are more of the same type of item. And sometimes they actually buy something else.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellers if you aren't getting sales. The 1rst thing to avoid here in the forum is forget, ignore, or leave your topic.

In the past few days, I was looking in the eCrater Marketplace. I noted many new and returning sellers just throwing items in their stores. No logo, contact, term, etc.

Sellers take time to set up your store. If you have the luck sales can be directly. Some buyers check around the stores and they can contact you. Not every buyer will use the button of "Contact Seller".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sellers if you aren't getting sales. The 1rst thing to avoid here in the forum is forget, ignore, or leave your topic.

So very true! If you ask for help, why not take advantage of it. Some don't want help. The just want an easy way of doing things. I still remember some newbie that when we explained how something had to be done and that she needed to do research, she said SHE was too busy with her other job and then implied that we should just spend our time telling her the answers and how to do things. Anyone that starts a business should understand that some work will be involved and you aren't going to get free labor. Like someone buys a McD franchise. They are going to have to pay the help whether they sold anything or not.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

So very true! If you ask for help, why not take advantage of it. Some don't want help. The just want an easy way of doing things. I still remember some newbie that when we explained how something had to be done and that she needed to do research, she said SHE was too busy with her other job and then implied that we should just spend our time telling her the answers and how to do things. Anyone that starts a business should understand that some work will be involved and you aren't going to get free labor. Like someone buys a McD franchise. They are going to have to pay the help whether they sold anything or not.

Don't act like you know anything about me or what I do. I don't need help, or I WOULD ask for it. What I need is a site that works right and doesn't allow its sellers to be hidden in organic searches! That's what I'm asking for -- not your typical nonsense trying to treat me like I don't know what I'm doing! I don't need your so-called "help" and that's why I never ask for it, thank you. So, feel free to stop wasting your time on your own nonsense.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pickychicky, You need to walk away from the keyboard for a few minutes! Your rudeness is appalling.

Moonwishes wasn't speaking to you at all. She and elpereles were speaking in general to the number of sellers through the years who come to the forum and say they are asking for help, then either don't return to the forum or make no effort to correct the problems in their stores. I can think of several sellers to whom they could have been referring and NONE of them are you. You seem to have a habit of taking everything said on the forum personally when usually the comments are not referring to you at all. This time you should take my comments personal because I am speaking specifically to you. I've been on several forum where your attacks would have gotten you suspended from the forum.

Please, in the future, if you are in a bad mood or feeling sick, review you comments carefully before you post.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickychicky if you believe every post is related to you. You are wrong.

Now talking to you. Waooo! You follow the suggestion to check your categories. Good. Well done.

Are you checking your Google Analytics? Because this is another thing many sellers arguing about sales never check.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
@pickychicky, You need to walk away from the keyboard for a few minutes! Your rudeness is appalling.

Moonwishes wasn't speaking to you at all. She and elpereles were speaking in general to the number of sellers through the years who come to the forum and say they are asking for help, then either don't return to the forum or make no effort to correct the problems in their stores. I can think of several sellers to whom they could have been referring and NONE of them are you. You seem to have a habit of taking everything said on the forum personally when usually the comments are not referring to you at all. This time you should take my comments personal because I am speaking specifically to you. I've been on several forum where your attacks would have gotten you suspended from the forum.

Please, in the future, if you are in a bad mood or feeling sick, review you comments carefully before you post.

Their rudeness and insistence on treating people like they do is appalling. We make our cases and KNOW what the problem is, but have absolutely no control over it, yet they want to keep trying to put the cause of the problem on the seller. So, you get what you give. Maybe if THEY would quit needling people and treating them the way they do under the guise of offering "help" (which is nothing but deflection from the REAL issues), then people like me wouldn't lose their patience with them.

We discuss an issue and they take it completely off track. Yeah, that's a REAL help.

P.S. -- Now they want to take credit for what I CHOOSE to do to my shop? PFFT! I HAD to change my categories to fit with what I WAS DOING (getting rid of the Sold category and refiling eCrater orders under categories). I have a need for things being symmetrical (yes, a Monkish trait lol -- but I think it has a lot to do with the Meniere's throwing off my equilibrium even with visual things -- ie, I can't look at spinning swirls or b&w checkered floors, etc., without being affected), so when one was reduced to one line, they all had to be. So it has absolutely nothing to do with them and they need to get over themselves.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do apologize for being shorter than usual. It wasn't my intent and is why I went back to bed after my grumpy tirade and didn't stick around to edit what I said. The symptoms of Meniere's (vertigo, nausea and vomiting) can last for two or more weeks. It's already been a week and it has just worn on me. So, yes, I went straight back to bed and am now experiencing somewhat of a break from it. I can actually sit upright in my office chair without feeling sicker. Also, for the first time in a week, I was able to complete a small meal and keep it down (been living on bites of canned fruit). I'm trying to avoid a full-blown attack (way worse), so this little break is promising, and I no longer have the hunger pangs adding to the nausea. Well, until now because I'm hungry again. Where did that worm go? LOL
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

Thank you, Sheila and you were correct in that Elpeles and I were talking about the same thing and not referring to her at all. I'm not dumb, as I know that Miss Picky Chicky has already said many times she does not want any help from me or others. I have better things to do with my sore fingers than typing out unwanted advice.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Thank you, Sheila and you were correct in that Elpeles and I were talking about the same thing and not referring to her at all. I'm not dumb, as I know that Miss Picky Chicky has already said many times she does not want any help from me or others. I have better things to do with my sore fingers than typing out unwanted advice.

Don't speak for me or twist my words. My post was directly addressed to you and there's a specific "flavor" of help I've repeatedly referred to. As I've also repeatedly said, when I NEED help, I ask for it. So, yes, the "help" you have repeatedly given has all been unsolicited; hence, unwanted and even unnecessary.

Stop needling me. I've already apologized for being grumpy, so your latest post is totally uncalled for, anyway. I swear, some people. I thought you said you had better things to do?
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now getting back about Google Analytics. If you are planning to promote your store or your items. My recommendation is always check the tool closely. In special to identify the traffic origin and analyze how much time took you to increase traffic.

For the promotion in the forums. Promote in forums with users/active and check is the topic sections are visible by the search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc). Some forums allows you to create a personal promotion topic. Use this topics to promote your items and follow the rules of the forum. Be simple, photo, title, condition, price, etc, and always add the direct link the item in your store.

In this promotion topics. Avoid the "bump" or the lazy stupid idea to repeat some wording over and over. Even if you are promoting in specific category forum. If fellow members in the forum are potential buyers. They will search for keyword related to items, not your name store. Also get in mind the search engines bots are looking around. If your topic only has pages of "bump" with your store link. It doesn't going to get the bots attention.

eCrater forum has the Promote Your eCRATER Store. It still appears in the Google search.

For any promotion always try to be constant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: