eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Printing a shipping label help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ODDS-N-ENDS-TOOLBOX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Printing a shipping label help Reply with quote

So I am familiar with selling/shipping on amazon, ebay, etc.
New to eCrater. Got my first order, but I dont see any option from the order page for "print shipping label"

I do have the flat rate shipping setup, it does show up as a shipping option in checkout, and the shipping cost was added to the order total. What am I missing?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ODDS-N-ENDS-TOOLBOX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a screen shot of what I'm seeing - no print shipping label option like on amazon, ebay...

MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no printing a postage label on eCRATER. You will need to use PP, endicia, Stamps.com, etc.
ODDS-N-ENDS-TOOLBOX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I thought they offered the shipping service when I setup my account.

anyways, I ended up using a shipping service - shippingeasy.com, which I use with other platforms.
Im not advertising for them, but for anyone else who runs into this and is looking for a shipping service I give them 10/10. What I like most about it- when filling in the ship to address box, you dont have to fill in each line for name, address, address line 2, city, state, etc,.. you just copy and paste the whole address into the box and it detects all the info it needs on its own. Copy, paste, purchase & print, done. beats all the other services I have used. And, you can create your own keyboard shortcuts for each package. So when creating the label, hit the shortcut and it automatically fills in the dimensions and weight. fastest most convenient I have used, even better than amazons setup for seller fulfilled.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, copy and paste is what I use Endicia for here, but on Amazon, I do use their shipping program as technically they have said they would cover us if a customer claims no receipt when the PO says it is delivered. Otherwise, I would be using Endicia, that for about all my orders except with Amazon's for the last couple of years, I have their names and addresses in the program. When I see a name that looks familiar, I double-check in Endicia and if they have bought from me before I change my shipping notification to acknowledging that they have shopped with us before.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the payment came thru PayPal, you can print the postage there. If it came from some other payment service, you can still do it in PayPal MoS, but you have to copy paste the information in.
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmicray, I'm re-opening my store after a vacation and am looking at a better way to print labels and buy postage so I can stay at home rather than go to the USPS. I know I can use Paypal, but I was a little confused about the Paypal MoS when I looked at it for use on my Stripe orders.

I'm trying to keep my monthly cost down because I don't anticipate selling a larger volume per month right now. If I pay 17.99 for Endicia or Stamps.com then my profit margin will be too low. So, if I buckle down and study the Paypal MoS and figure it out, are you saying I can print the mailing label and pay for the postage through Paypal MoS for an order received and paid through Stripe? If so, I need to study.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the payments was through Paypal,
- Then log into Paypal and the information will be there.

With Stripe payment,
- You will need to copy / paste your buyers information.
- You can use Paypal multi shipment label section and enter your info there

PS CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SALE!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grannysbargainattic wrote:
Cosmicray, I'm re-opening my store after a vacation and am looking at a better way to print labels and buy postage so I can stay at home rather than go to the USPS. I know I can use Paypal, but I was a little confused about the Paypal MoS when I looked at it for use on my Stripe orders.

I'm trying to keep my monthly cost down because I don't anticipate selling a larger volume per month right now. If I pay 17.99 for Endicia or Stamps.com then my profit margin will be too low. So, if I buckle down and study the Paypal MoS and figure it out, are you saying I can print the mailing label and pay for the postage through Paypal MoS for an order received and paid through Stripe? If so, I need to study.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

If you have a desktop, you can use MoS. I choose not to use MoS, but print single labels for everything.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the last postage change at Endicia, I haven't been able to use my account as I keep getting an error code and have been too busy to figure it out so I have been using PP for all my eCRATER orders. I also just do single sheet printing. I don't know how the other thing works as to weight the outgoing packages I have them sealed shut and I don't want to take the chance of getting the packages all mixed up. Getting to old to overwhelm my brain like that!
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the help!
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-opened my Store yesterday and within 30 minutes made a sale. Someone had been watching an item. The google shopping feed hasn't even happened yet. LOL

So....I tried the Paypal shipping and it was way too easy....was great! I don't know why I didn't use it before; I suppose people just get in the habit of doing things one way and can't see outside the box. Thanks again for all the help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So....I tried the Paypal shipping and it was way too easy....was great! I don't know why I didn't use it before; I suppose people just get in the habit of doing things one way and can't see outside the box. Thanks again for all the help.

There are reasons that years ago some of used the postage programs that we did. Most of my orders, once I started selling patterns, was FCM. None of the other e-postage programs offered printing for FCM at that time which is why I have stuck with endicia. I keep waiting for a non-busy day to figure out why I can't get on it, but after using PP without any trouble I think I will just ask for a refund of my yearly fee. I am a bit leery because PP does have some glitches at times and in the whole time I have used endicia there was only one glitch and that was the day after a new postage rate was introduced and they offered refunds for the extra we had to pay.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I am a bit leery because PP does have some glitches at times and in the whole time I have used endicia there was only one glitch and that was the day after a new postage rate was introduced and they offered refunds for the extra we had to pay.

Glitches ? Like the day I generated a label via PP, and my laser printer said nuh-uh, I don't like that. So I saved it as a PDF, moved it to another computer, then sent it to the old laser printer, where it printed OK. Scared me for a few moments.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've heard stories where the shipping wouldn't work for a few days. But then Amazon's shipping gets a bit wonky especially on weekends but I have my way around it in 2-3 seconds, while others seem to wast half their day waiting for 'an available carrier'. All they need to do is change the weight by a fraction and then move it back and it is good to go.

The only time I have every had shipping problems everywhere, both Amazon and endicia at the time. I suspect now that it was my head being wonky and not the postage programs. But I was trying to print out postage for the whole Labor Day weekend when I had something like 12 orders. Landed in the hospital with Sepsis and like Lastade mention with her husband, he also had his brain somewhat scrambled for a bit. Even once I got out of the hospital 4 days later, and never as sick as he was, my husband who had sat through all my scrambled brains wouldn't let me touch the business stuff for a whole week! But when I took everything off vacation the orders poured in and there was nothing at all wrong with either of the postage programs! That September was an awesome month for sales considering we only sold for 20 days, we made more than we had many months that we sold for the whole month!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: