eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Have a question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreckledElephantBoutique

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Have a question Reply with quote

I sell children's clothing and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I'm new and is there any way we can add a option for customer to add a size without adding the same item 7x due to there being 7 sizes? I hope I'm making sense I have not officially opened yet I have LOTS of clothing to add with multiple sizes please someone tell me there is an easier way.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Have a question Reply with quote

FreckledElephantBoutique wrote:
is there any way we can add a option for customer to add a size without adding the same item 7x due to there being 7 sizes?

No. There is no pull-down menu (or similar) for size (or color, etc).

It is supposedly to your advantage to list each size separately, b/c the theory is that it increases your exposure to search engines. But per eCrater terms, each listing *must* be different, so the element of difference...size, color, etc...•must* be prominently included in the listing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreckledElephantBoutique wrote:
I sell children's clothing and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I'm new and is there any way we can add a option for customer to add a size without adding the same item 7x due to there being 7 sizes? I hope I'm making sense I have not officially opened yet I have LOTS of clothing to add with multiple sizes please someone tell me there is an easier way.
The only option is to add all sizes as individual listings. This increases your inventory which helps greatly with the internet search engines. Once you have created a listing for the item with all the information (categories, Google Attributes, weight, shipping, etc.) use the copy button to add a copy of the listing. To find the copy button, go to Products and find the listing you want to copy. Click on the button on the right that looks like 2 pieces of paper. A duplicate listing will open and you will know it's a copy because it has no photos.

You will have to add photos, change the title, change the size attribute and possibility the weight, but it's still lots faster than creating a new listing from scratch. As FoxAndFish said, make sure the difference is in the title. The difference should be within the first 60 characters and even better if the difference is even closer to the beginning so the search bots will see they are different listings.

I noticed the announcement on your front page and see you have your store on hold. Internet search engines love activity and will search your store more when there's lots of activity. Plus, it can take up to 6 weeks for the search engines to add your store to their index. In the internet world, it is not to your advantage to stock everything, then plan for a "grand opening" like you would with a B&M store. It's much better to open and add new stock as much as you can.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't put multiple sizes in one listing but you can use the copy function which makes creating listing much faster. You can use the exact same listing, just editing sizes and colors. The copy option is the notebook looking thing.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: