eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater Mall Directoy issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: eCrater Mall Directoy issues Reply with quote

Is the eCrater Mall Directory still active? Many of the links are dead or out-dated.
And when I try to send them a question, I get a 404 error message.
Who is managing that website? http://www.ecratermall.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
VandysVarietyShoppe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: no updates Reply with quote

I find eCrater does very little updating on anything. It seems the only way to get any questions answered is to contact support directly because there is no way to refer to anything current because there is NO current information - everything is years old and of little use...
Unlike other selling venues out there, New sellers to eCrater have very little useful information available to them as most everything on this site is so outdated.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: eCrater Mall Directoy issues Reply with quote

JefferysJunction wrote:
Is the eCrater Mall Directory still active? Many of the links are dead or out-dated.
And when I try to send them a question, I get a 404 error message.
Who is managing that website? http://www.ecratermall.com/

The eCRATER Mall Store Directory was started and is maintained by AmericanEdge who is a seller on eCRATER. The site isn't, and never has been, maintained by eCRATER nor financed by eCRATER. Ralph, aka AmericanEdge, stated on 01 May 2017 that he had been away due to health issues. I do not know if he has any other sellers who have volenteered to help him with the directory.

The site is active and the contact page works. http://www.ecratermall.com/contact--donations.html I have no idea why you got a 404 error message. The site is currently working, including the contact page.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: no updates Reply with quote

VandysVarietyShoppe wrote:
I find eCrater does very little updating on anything. It seems the only way to get any questions answered is to contact support directly because there is no way to refer to anything current because there is NO current information - everything is years old and of little use...
Unlike other selling venues out there, New sellers to eCrater have very little useful information available to them as most everything on this site is so outdated.
The eCrater staff is quite small. The sellers here are provided a feed to Google Shopping several times a week at NO upfront cost. There are also ads placed in other locations on the web to help increase traffic, again at NO cost to the sellers. IF you have a sale that came from the marketplace, then and only then are you asked to help with the expenses of the site with a 2.9% of the value of your sale (not including the shipping!) If your buyer came directly to your store rather than the marketplace, you are not charged anything. There is revenue generated by ads placed on the marketplace and in stores that don't keep their store updated.

Improvements on the site are announced in the forum. Most of the improvements in the last year have been to make the site more accessible to the internet search engines. These types of improvements don't show like some bells and whistles might, but behind the scenes they are greatly appreciated. There is a great deal of current information available in the forum to anyone who has questions. There is also a support group of sellers who try to do their best to help new sellers.

If the site isn't working for you, maybe you would like one of the sites that charge very high fees and give very up-to-date invalid incorrect information and provide off shore customer service by people who they haven't trained.

Personally, I like eCRATER. Are there things I wish were improved? Of course, but I could also say that about myself, my spouse, my family and my friends. I do come to the forum almost daily to try to help when other sellers have questions and to exchange ideas with other sellers about better ways of doing business on the internet.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeffery for bringing the 404 issue to my attention.

The contact page is working OK and I do receive the emails from submissions.
I use another service than Weebly for form submissions and people are kind of funny about being paid. I forgot to pay them in September and the function for the page re-direct, i.e. the submission success page was disabled.
It may take a day for everything to reset.

As I said in response to your email, I will be making time to do some housekeeping on the eCrater Mall Directory. It may take awhile. That's what happens when I let things pile up.

Enjoy your weekend.
Ralph
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having anything directly to do with American Edge's site, but once I started sharing a couple of new listing daily on Facebook to both my personal and store pages, and also to the two eCRATER Facebook pages, my views and shares on FB have increased. When FB sends me my stats weekly, I am seeing numbers that I have never seen before and while it doesn't sound like much, In the last couple of months my Likes have been increased by 4. I started my two FB pages a good year or more before I started my Pinterest page. I have over 23,000 followers Pinterest and at this point just over 192! Every FB Like is a hard one battle for me.

Only saying all this to encourage all sellers to use these sites that people have gotten going for us. My laptop apparently was bullied into upgrading my Windows today, my sign-in passwords have all disappeared so I can't check into anything tonight until I carry a hard copy of my Password upstairs. What a pain. I hate Windows 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: