eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Printing postage via a smartphone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this mobile stuff is messing me up. at paypal I printed a packing slip first, took me a long time to figure out how to get back to print a label.

Also the labels used to print from my screen, now it only downloads a pdf.

Hotmail is now slow, also I was browsing last night for a picture, if you go over the picture it fades it to a one color blanking out the picture but I can still click it.

I don't like any of it, the way things look, or work. Why can't these places make the mobile users click to make THEM compatible rather than us real power users that spent mega bucks with high end systems hunt and peck just hate it.

Side note, every time I see "Brother" printers, they used to make really kooky looking stereos it was "Brother International", they had like white plastic rounded corners all really weird,

Well you do far better than me, all that stuff.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I didn't mention it, and it should be rather obvious, I'm going to make it clear that the moving PDF documents from the iPhone to the laptop will only work if you are syncing and backing up to the laptop. If you are backing up to the cloud, it's not going to work as described.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update … over the past few months, the two services have been making changes to their respective mobile facing software. The PayPal screens (up to and including postage) have been getting better. The Amazon screens (at least on my particular device) have been becoming more difficult to use.

Amazon has switched to a layout that tries to cram everything on the available screen size. Previously it was scrollable (left/right/up/down). Now, thanks to my relatively small screen size, stuff ends up on top of each other, It's a major PITA to use.

The PayPal interface is taking more of a flow oriented approach, and on the postage parameters screen, scrollable.

Amazon needs to hire/fire some people.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still works, stop using this, slightly slower than having a desktop, but better than having no options.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still don't have the internet in your area? Just last night we lost ours and that makes for panic on my part especially now that Amazon has a way of telling if you are on your own computer and if not you have to give them a code to use, which would mean going to the inlaws and doing a phone relay to tell me the 6 digit code to get in. Just glad he figured it out!

Now to snowshoe to the mailbox! We just got 4-5 inches!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works, When something works reasonably well, I stick to it.

If someone wants to show me a $40/month Internet solution (that isn't satellite, cellular or dialup), I might be interested. That isn't any such thing at my home address.

Now, having said this, about 3 months back I watched AT&T installing a fiber connection to the Christian scroll down the road from me. I don't want to even guess how much they paid for that. Guess they were tired of cellular as well.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week we lost our internet due to snow on the dish for the satellite. We lose it also about 15-20 minutes before a vicious storm blows through. It is a pain, but even worse when we were on dial-up as the squirrels, chipmunks and other critters chewed on the lines. We had to maintain two landlines to be sure we had the internet as one thing I have noticed is that to run an online internet business, you must be able to connect to the internet! Laughing
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I printed postage with PP Multi-Order Shipping on my iPhone. It was an exercise fraught with problems. I shall not try that again.

The SCAN form came out looking like a postage stamp in the upper left corner of the page. Mobile printing has no zoom settings, so there was nothing I could do, other than print it and write a nice note to the carrier explaining what happened, and why this is problematic (for me).

So tomorrow, I'm back to using single label printing, which works acceptably well.
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is pretty old, but have you tried Pirate Ship (www.pirateship.com)? Not sure if it will work great on mobile, but worth a shot. Also, and I'm sure you've tried it over the many months you've been doing this, but have you used the "Request Desktop Site" on your iPhone? This brings up the desktop version, but on your mobile device, so it works the same way as the desktop would.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: