eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How are sales?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you on the chocolate, it's an unknown food group, LoL

Couple years ago I bought some karate movies on ebay, Well of course he sold the one I wanted in a 3 disk deal.
I wasn't mad at all, but he let me pick another , like the lottery trying to guess what "book by it's cover", I selected.
He sent them priority and I know, he lost money,

I mean, I was not an angry customer, he gave me an option, I wasn't in a hurry to get them. It might have been the ebay hammer as if I would neg the guy, poor guy, but he lost money.

I would rather have them toss the stuff in my coffin, so I CAN take it with me, than lose money on such a low scale, Laughing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="A-Better-Way"]I am with you on the chocolate, it's an unknown food group, LoL

I had a stepson for awhile that wasn't the sharpest tack in the box, but even he manage to learn to not get between a woman and her chocolate!

I see so often sellers selling things for pennies as from what I can tell it is sheer ignorance about selling. On the Amazon forum, people come on and say, "my stuff isn't selling, I don't know what to do, I have the lowest price..." The lowest price isn't always what will win the sale. I especially don't understand why when there are only 3-4 of the item and the seller has theirs priced at a $2, someone else has it at $7 and mine just sold for $12! Why come out with the $2 price to be the lowest. What is wrong with $6.99? It is still the lowest price, but will make them more money. In my niche, except for some very popular items, you may have to wait years for the buyer to come along that wants that style in a particular size. So you can't flip very easily. It isn't a niche that your things are generally going to fly off the shelves so to speak! But I see it with all sorts of things.
shoelaces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bigtallmensclothing!

We have missed you! Sales are slow. I used to get a few hundred sales a month now lucky to be getting 4 or 5 a month. Some of that is due to my going back to the corporate world in 2013 and my focus is elsewhere. Sales stayed good through sept. 2014 and then it tanked and just continually got worse.

I think everyone has Amazon Prime so they are buying on Amazon for free shipping.
rktoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoelaces wrote:
I think everyone has Amazon Prime so they are buying on Amazon for free shipping.

I try to avoid Amazon since they tried to steal from me last year. Amazon seems to be the platform of choice for toy buyers that don't care about getting a knockoff or destroyed package. Not really viable for selling new toys on though; they either kill you with FBA rental fees or push you to the bottom of the list for charging what shipping actually costs.

I decided this week to give eCrater another shot. I had the store turned off because of the lack of editing tools. Just didn't have a few hours to click and click and click and click and click through 250 separate listings. Prior to that I managed about one sale per month on average. Hopefully I can get all the way to two per month before eBay's next lockout.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK - ecrater has given us some new editing tools, one in particular that is great for me with the amount of listings I have, ~8000! Pretty much asll pattern companies use a 4 digit number as a pattern number and they repeat them every 8-10 yers. Whe I sell a pattern, I then take the opportunity to tweak ALL patterns with those numbers, sometimes as little as one and other time way more than ten. So everytime I click on the button when done listing, it would go the front of my listings pages again. Now it pops right back to the same number I was working with. All those things save time and time is money! But to me it is one of the most helpful changes they have made.

By the way, we still do have a suggestion thread here on the forum. One of the things that people have to remember, and I am not speaking to you now, is that with their small staff, they have to work on the most vital things as priorities. I know at one point Dimitar mentioned to me in an email that he had been swamped with getting all the programming done, I think with Google. We may be frustrated with google, but can you imagine how sick of google and its fun and games than they are? I know most of us had plummeting sales when Google changed things, and then they changed some more and things plummeted again. With us not having the sales that we did, and things like the adsense mooney drying up like it seems to, they are, I'm sure having a rough time. I know i got an email today from PP about some sort of change that they want made too. It all comes to a lot of programming, and not for anything we can see that directly helps us. But these last few changes have been terrific!

I sure hope things do go better for you this time around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: