eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How many days/weeks does it take for an edit to reflect GPS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: How many days/weeks does it take for an edit to reflect GPS? Reply with quote

Ok, we know that an edit doesn't apply to Google Products immediately. The feed goes through 3 times/week. Assuming Google doesn't have backlogging issues, once and for all, let's put this argument to rest. Does ANYONE know how long you need to wait for an edit to actually be applied to Google Product Search? Is it a set number of days? One week? Two? Let's get some actual quantifiable measurements for this. Livelihoods depend on it!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. I use a worksheet, that I use as a pick list, a list of money to be deposited to my account, how many items got listed, and where I am at with Google. I check those numbers every day and have never found any logic to when they change. Some like listing the upc, the red exclamation mark disappears immediately, but that doesn't mean when I check GS (rarely for my stuff) it is there. I will check GS for price comparisons. Almost always my listing is combined into other stores so 4-5 of us will be clumped together. Probably because I do the 2.9% MP fee.

I don't worry about it though, and just keep listing.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon - I doubt the google corral (as I like to call it) has much if any to do with how much you pay in fees (mine's still at 5.9 and nearly all the ones with gtin are that way). Although I would guess your placement inside the corral might improve if you upped the bid. My main complaint is that ebay users are getting a spot but mine with the exact SAME gtin aren't. I don't know what's up with that. Stuck on the mountain cut off from the bulk of my items to list anything much new, so the only thing really to do is tweak listings and try to somehow be included in the google clubhouse.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I asked the same question at Quora. Will let you know if anyone gives something definite.

P.S. I'm trying to start an online "petition" of sorts for Google's power to be watch-dogged. Look for #GoogleGoverned and retweet. Spread the word and feel free to tweet back with more hashtag suggestions. It's time to use the media for something other than complaining about the government or celebrity agendas.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: