eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

This site is way to hard to understand!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 15507

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for three things I haven't sold on ebay for the last 10 years. I left when my fees for the month were more thn the income for the month. Within a year, my sales here far surpassed what I had been doing on ebay and NO FEES either at that time other than the pp fee.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Decorum



Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: New and confused also Reply with quote

Hi all! Been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks! I just assumed the store was "on hold" until eCrater approved it or something, but found out that's not so - when I got notice that Google had not accepted an item for lack of attributes. However, I don't have info for which item was incorrect (the "tip" does not indicate which of the two) and I don't really understand the whole "attributes" thing anyway. When I tried to put in an "attribute" such as the type of ceramic vase I am selling, which is Jingdezhen, a note came up that the attribute wasn't "supported" by eCrater. So, I put my store on hold (at least I think I did) until I can read a whole lot more of these posts and figure things out. I gotta say, this is way more stressful than I thought it'd be. I'm ready for a drink and it's only 1 pm! LOL Also, the "matrix" thing is killin' me - I have no freakin' clue what to put in those little squares! If this site goes by USPS shipping, then why aren't there already numbers in the squares - why would I have to put them in? I just went ahead and listed a couple things that I could ship for free, and then looked up a bunch of worst-case shipping prices so I could include an approx. ship cost within the price of future products. Thanks for 'listening'!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 15507

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New and confused also Reply with quote

Decorum wrote:
Hi all! Been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks! I just assumed the store was "on hold" until eCrater approved it or something, but found out that's not so - when I got notice that Google had not accepted an item for lack of attributes. However, I don't have info for which item was incorrect (the "tip" does not indicate which of the two) and I don't really understand the whole "attributes" thing anyway. When I tried to put in an "attribute" such as the type of ceramic vase I am selling, which is Jingdezhen, a note came up that the attribute wasn't "supported" by eCrater. So, I put my store on hold (at least I think I did) until I can read a whole lot more of these posts and figure things out. I gotta say, this is way more stressful than I thought it'd be. I'm ready for a drink and it's only 1 pm! LOL Also, the "matrix" thing is killin' me - I have no freakin' clue what to put in those little squares! If this site goes by USPS shipping, then why aren't there already numbers in the squares - why would I have to put them in? I just went ahead and listed a couple things that I could ship for free, and then looked up a bunch of worst-case shipping prices so I could include an approx. ship cost within the price of future products. Thanks for 'listening'!


Hello and welcome. May I make a quick suggestion? If you post your post starting a new thread here on the 'Introduce Yourself' you will be getting answers to your questions instead of a mixture of answers to the other posters.

I would be glad to help with some of your questions. First with shipping. Here at eCRATER There are three types of shipping that you can choose to us. The Matrix which is best for those of us that generally ship items within the same weight classification - like I sell sewing patterns and have my matrix set up to charge for one patter, two patterns, three patterns, etc. I can also list other items with using their weight and determining which matrix column of postage it would fall under. This is not the thing to use if you are selling everything from old pot belly stoves to one ounce of Saffron!

There is also calculated shipping as well as flat rate shipping. You can use whichever works best for your store. With rare exceptions, I have only used the matrix, so I won't try to give any advice on the other two, but someone will be along that can or can direct you to posts that will hopefully clarify things a bit.

As to attributes, of the three items that you currently have listed, none of them, except possibly the jewelry will have a brand, upc or mpn. This is where you would use the attribute 'identifier_exists' with the value of 'false'. There are other attributes that you can use. With what sounds like two items showing as not right, I would guess maybe the picture and the vase as neither have a brand, so don't even try. However, the picture does have the artist (it would do you good to see if you can figure out their full name and more information about them to include in the listing), the year, the size, etc.

I would suggest in that you need more and better photos. The jewelry is coming up blurry on my monitor and the last thing you want in selling jewelry is blurry photos. Your still life has photo flash glare on it, you need photos without that; the vase you need photos of the bottom (so a potential buyer can read the bottom for themselves) the top and one straight on at the least.

Remember that you can have up to 10 photos - no charge and with most of us having digital cameras it is free and easy to get multiple photos without having to pay for processing (young folks don't even know how lucky they are not having to pay for every 12 photos and hope they turned out when they finally get them back from the developer!). You are also allowed 100 characters in your titles. Since most search engines, first and foremost search titles, the more you have in your title the better. Most of the time you can leave out things like 'and' 'the' etc. Your English teacher may not like it, but that title is valuable internet real estate. You are also allowed to have as long a description of your items as you like. For instance, your still life has no measurements to it. Is it 10" x 14", 3' x 4', or what? Describe everything as if they don't have the photo to look at. With a good description, the attributes are most evident. Buyers will not see the attributes, so don't use an attribute like size and then neglect to put it in the description. If possible, you need it in both spots.


That’s enough info to soak up for awhile I think. Hope this helped.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
swcproducts



Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: I have to agree with the OP its 2019 not 1919 Reply with quote

I sell on on lots of sites and this one it by far the most frustrating to use, Did the founders say thats see how hard we can make it to stop anyone from wanting to ever use it? My god its 2019 the internet has moved on, why is this site so ridiculously hard /frustrating to use. its in desperate need of a software developer to bring it up the today's standards.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 15507

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I have to agree with the OP its 2019 not 1919 Reply with quote

swcproducts wrote:
I sell on on lots of sites and this one it by far the most frustrating to use, Did the founders say thats see how hard we can make it to stop anyone from wanting to ever use it? My god its 2019 the internet has moved on, why is this site so ridiculously hard /frustrating to use. its in desperate need of a software developer to bring it up the today's standards.


Not sure what you are having problems with, but I have always found eCRATER to be the easiest site to use and over the last 17 years I have used plenty of venues. I did read around the time that Dimitar started the site, that he didn't go checking out places like eBay so that he could find a way to make this site like that one. Plenty of us use and have no trouble with it. Being as this is your first post, I do want to let you know that there are plenty of us willing to help if you need it. All you have to do is ask. No sense getting frustrated. You also have to remember that not all venues, Amazon and eBay included can meet every seller's need. You have to go and use what makes sense for you.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
swcproducts



Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: I have to agree with the OP its 2019 not 1919 Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:


Not sure what you are having problems with, but I have always found eCRATER to be the easiest site to use and over the last 17 years I have used plenty of venues. I did read around the time that Dimitar started the site, that he didn't go checking out places like eBay so that he could find a way to make this site like that one. Plenty of us use and have no trouble with it. Being as this is your first post, I do want to let you know that there are plenty of us willing to help if you need it. All you have to do is ask. No sense getting frustrated. You also have to remember that not all venues, Amazon and eBay included can meet every seller's need. You have to go and use what makes sense for you.


Well im happy for you that you find it so easy maybe your an American then? i'm not the only one that thinks this site sucks, ive looked around and i can read, also the trustpilot reviews are not looking to great with a massive 50% of 1 stars (BAD) and yes you are right we will sell where it makes sense to us and that is not here.

Not everyone on this planet is from america its a shame ecrater didn't realize that before they created this site.
Thanks but no thanks ill come back in 5 years, maybe by then ecrater is out of the 1900's
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 15507

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not everyone on this planet is from america its a shame ecrater didn't realize that before they created this site.


Our founder is Dimitar Slavov. A native of Bulgaria, Slavov is no stranger to e-commerce. So in a sense, you are correct, not everyone on this planet is from America.

You might want to take a look at this post that was in ecommercebytes. I believe it was this article that made me look at eCRATER in the first place. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abu/y208/m03/abu0210/s03

Incidentally, in case, you don't notice the dates, He came here in 2003 and started eCRATER in 2004.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum