eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My new fitness equipment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: My new fitness equipment Reply with quote

For the last few years I have ventured into online teaching and I love that but I have been really bad about not getting enough exercise. Although I walk a few miles about 5 days a week, I spend the majority of my time hunched over my laptop computer.

I found this really neat gizmo that I would recommend to anyone that has to work at their desk all day. It is an desk bike from Workfit. I ordered off Walmart's website. You have to assemble it but it was fairly easy to do.
My laptop fits right up on the slanted desk top and I can work away and at the same time move my legs on the pedals. The desk bike runs about 200.00.
It has a big seat and backrest that is very comfortable.

I don't want sound like an advertisement but I just wanted to share how much I like it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used Total Gym, from craigslist. I am getting too weak, and yard work does not hit all the muscles. so whenever I do some odd work I get sore way too easy.

After I got hit by a car while walking my dog and smashed my elbow to smitherines, there isn't any good thing that don't over stress the joints , and-or body weight, like pull ups, or push ups.

Total gym is perfect for what I need, no shock, no weird stress, I am going slow, I been out of shape for so long I need to give my bones or joints or tendons time to catch up.

I like it !
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so much unused fitness equipment it is embarrassing. Every once in a while I list a piece on Craigslist. They sell pretty quickly but not I have a chair gym that I can use for less than a minute. I sit on it to iron.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I sit on it to iron.

I used to have an exercise bike that became a clotheshorse. I used to hang clothes on it.

I have been working for long hours on the computer and was starting to feel stiff and sore. I heard Clark Howard on the radio talking about how he stands at his computer and thought I might try that. He said he burns more calories standing than sitting. I put my laptop on the kitchen counter to see how standing up for a long time would be and that was hard. I could only stand about a half hour.

I hope I can stick with this desk bike and not turn it into another clotheshorse.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: