eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Cash On Delivery (COD) - Way to Charge Customer COD Fee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlippinFabDeals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Cash On Delivery (COD) - Way to Charge Customer COD Fee? Reply with quote

While I'd be happy to allow my customers to use the COD payment option, it does cost a good deal of money and I certainly don't want to foot that bill on small orders. Is there currently any way to make the customer pay the COD fee?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just easier to delete COD as an option. By the time your customer would get the COD package, you would be lucky if they were still wanting it enough to pay for it.

You can not assess an extra charge for COD, as on eCRATER what is shown to the buyer while shopping as the price plus shipping can not be changed or increased. Even if you are off $10+ on shipping you either buck it up and take it like a man/woman, or you have to cancel the order. Just easy to get rid of the COD option.

I have never in my life gotten a COD package, and that is a good long time. Very Happy and I never expect to get one!

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In almost 20 years of online selling, I've had maybe one person ask for COD. keep in mind when that it causes you to upfront the shipping costs before you know if the customer will make payment.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had one request to someplace in Asia. I actually ordered something on Amazon for the person to add to what I sold her. I wouldn't do COD so she sent me a Western Union money order for the total. We had it all worked out and I had her money before I ordered from Amazon. Took a lot of back and forth but she was happy in the end.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash on Delivery is the default payment method for all new seller accounts. This is the only payment option that would actually be available for every seller in every country. It is assumed that you will set your payment options during your store set-up.

Quote:
Is there currently any way to make the customer pay the COD fee?

The short answer is no. A longer answer would be maybe, if you wanted to use flat rate or the weight matrix and add the amount to the shipping. However, every person would be charged the extra shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: