eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I redirect people to my ecrater but they see my url?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: How do I redirect people to my ecrater but they see my url? Reply with quote

What is the html code or what I need?? to redirect people from my own website to here with masking the url? So it shows them on my .com?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what service you are using.

I use godaddy. When I forward my URL in the same place I click on mask then it will always show my URL. The disadvantage of masking is they can not save a specific item the link will always take them to the home page.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: ok.. Reply with quote

I use godaddy as well, I think I need them to actually land on my .com front page then hit agree to terms and be directed to the shop when they click agree. So maybe redirecting isnt what I need but perhaps putting the shop in a iframe or frame after.. if that would work? Do you have any ideas on this?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure BUT I don't think that you are allowed to put ecrater.com stores in an iframe. YOU can place a link that once they click that they are over 18/21 they then go to your ectrater.com store but that won't be a masked URL.
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: ok.. Reply with quote

where can we find out if we can frame or not?
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: hmm.. Reply with quote

I think I figured it out, I have another .com Im not using, They can land on my .com hit yes to terms that will take them to my othersite which is redirected to ecrater.

But framing it would be better
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ok.. Reply with quote

GadgetGirlBoutique wrote:
where can we find out if we can frame or not?

go to www.ecrater.com and click on contact us
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: BigTallMensClothing... Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing......

I have a question for you, when you redirected your site are images sitting on your server and other files still working?

Like I host my images for auction sites and would want them to still work.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my re-direct domain names I have nothing hosted on, so I am not sure. Send an email to godaddy, they have great customer service and would tell you the correct answer.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoDaddy will also let you set up a subdomain if that works better (which allows a subdomain to be forwarded but not the main domain). That's what I've done and it doesn't seem to have affected anything else negatively (I assume using the main domain wouldn't either).
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: ok I cant decide Reply with quote

ok I talked to godaddy, since I am not hosted on their site but another webhoster, basically one with horrible service (it takes them months to get back to me, if they do). who promised me they had secure cert, and would help me set up a shopping cart, never did so I ended up here a year later...

anyhow godaddy told me to set up a subdomain through my webserver and have them fwd it Sad. I know they wont do this for me, customer service thru my hoster is mia.

What do you guys think........
should I revise all my ebay auctions with my images hosted elsewhere then have godaddy frwd my site here. I only have about 20 auction running right now, it wouldnt be a big deal, except slower load times because I would have to host them on a free server.

Or is this ok http://www.gadgetgirlboutique.com

which would you do?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not use photobucket FREE or Auctiva.com also FREE to host images for ebay?
Heck, with Auctiva.com you also can schedule listings FREE, use templates FREE and a bunch of other stuff.

Then you don't have to worry about hosting your auction images anywhere at all.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could switch to GoDaddy (or another host) and just worry about your new auctions.

I think your front page looks pretty good though.
gadgetgirlboutique

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the suggestions!

I do use auctiva but freaked out when they have slow image load times so I just use the scrolling window and insurance now. I dont do enough ebay auctions to use the lister though, but its super nice they offer it for free!

It would rock if we had a lister here so people could come to our store to check-out and or buy more!!

Ive actually found imageshack of all places to be the faster of the 2 for image load times and down times.

Question! Can you get email through go-daddy if you forward your domain? My email is at my .com for customer support.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you get email through go-daddy if you forward your domain? My email is at my .com for customer support.

YES, you can still get your email with the domain forwarded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: