eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Confusing Rules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dndproducts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Confusing Rules Reply with quote

I was reading a post by an "ecrater forum admin" and noticed a rule that poses a problem with things I sell. I sell graphic t-shirts and offer a buyer the choice of either buying one I have ready or ordering one in a different color with the same design.
The confusion for me involves the following rules:

1. Basic requirements
If paid through PayPal/Google Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.

II. What is not allowed to post?
Pre-order items
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pre-order item is when a seller is taking orders for an item that hasn't been released yet. They are pre-selling a product that isn't currently available for anyone to purchase. For example if I plan to release a DVD on 12/1/2018, I could allow pre-orders now, collect the money, and ship the DVD after it is released. At the time of the order, no one can actually purchase the product because it will not be available for sale to anyone until after the release date. This type of sale is not allowed on eCRATER.

A custom order is the type of sale you are offering where the customer makes choices (color, design, etc.) and you make the product with the customer's choice. The custom made item is an agreement, one on one, between the seller and purchaser. This type of sale has different rules for shipping by PayPal, the FTC, and therfore, different shipping rules on eCRATER.

I hope I'm making sense. There is a big difference in the two. If it's still not clear, do an internet search for "define pre-order" and you'll see additional explanations. Rest assured, the type of custom order you are offering is just fine on eCRATER.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: