eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another newbie! Hopefully we can outgrow ebay!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HypatiasHouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Another newbie! Hopefully we can outgrow ebay! Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I have a new store and am very nervous but very excited! Shocked Please check me out...I will be selling collectibles of all kinds, Disney, lladro,swarovski, taxco, asian antiques, anything I like I have started to deal in.It is http://hypatiasHouse.ecrater.com/ come on in and stay a while, er a couple of minutes since I just have uploaded 10 items...it was 12 but I sold two thru another forum, so I had to pull em. But there will be more in the days to come. I hope I can learn from everyone then pay it forward someday. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Very nice looking items. I especially like those Nippon items.

I did notice in your terms that you state you insure anything over $50 which is great and then the next paragraph you mention that you aren't responsible for anything uninsured. That may hold true on other sites, but here unless you have the insurance combined with the price or your shipping, there is no way for a buyer to add in insurance so they can't easily voluntarily pay for it. You might want to delete that sentence. Personally I have always felt that insurance is for me, not the buyer's sake. I buy insurance so I won't be out of pocket if something happens to the order, we can compensate the buyer and it doesn't leave us with an empty wallet.
HypatiasHouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Yes, I do need to reword that. Yes, I automatically insure and it is reflected in the cost of the shipping...I do that for me. Some buyers will sometimes ask if they can have their shipping reduced by getting rid of the insurance, and I won't be responsible for an item if I arrange that for them. Was what I was trying to say. So I think I will just say "All items are insured for shipping loss or damage, that is included in the cost of your shipping charges. That is to protect both buyer and seller and item will not be shipped without being insured."

And not give them a choice. Thanks for the input!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. In my very early days of selling a buyer bought something for $5 plus shipping. She sent me a MO for the price of the item the shipping and to pay for insurance another $2.50! Who in their right mind will pay half an items value for insurance, especially something that is only $5? Oddest thing I have seen regarding insurance!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like most of your items are breakable. Insure all of them. If you aren't using priority mail you can insure via www.insurepost.com. They are considerably less expensive than Canada Post. They insure the cost of shipping as well. If your item arrives damaged you are responsible whether the item is insured or not.

I was looking at your Fred Davis bracelette. Add more pics and show details like the clasp, hallmarks etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: