eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Got my listing copied

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoepalace

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Got my listing copied Reply with quote

Hi all, just wondering if anyone had any of their listings copied? I saw another seller steal my entire listing word for word including even the sequence of the photos and then knocking the price down by $10 to get more sales.
I know its an open space but I feel offended as I genuinely take so much effort to list my items, the sequence of the photos right to the wording etc...and then someone just comes by and steals it. I am really pissed off right now!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah no, you friggen tell them, stop. and keep telling them.

There was someone who stole my picture once, they ended up making it shrunk to a postage stamp size. LoLzzzzz, I kept harassing them ONLY because they used my picture for the same item, a lie.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to contact the offender and ask them to remove the copyrighted material. Some people still think if it's on the internet, it's public domain and don't realize they are in violation of the US Copyright Laws.

If the photos were taken by you personally and the description is your own work, then you are covered by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You would need to file an official DMCA notice with the website. As far as I know, every marketplace has information on their process for dealing with DMCA requests. There is a link on the lower right of the eCRATER home page with information on how to file a DMCA request.

Also, in the future, it would be appreciated if you didn't use foul language on the forum no matter how angry you may be.
shoepalace

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks all, I did contact the seller and they said they would remove it on Monday. Love the support and strong sense of community on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: