eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A new column on the 'Manage Product' page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtistsUnion1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: A new column on the 'Manage Product' page Reply with quote

I've just noticed a new addition on the STORE DASHBOARD/Manage Products page - thank You for adding prices of items, right after titles.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do appreciate the new column for the item price, It would be nice if it was a uniform column....In my store some of the prices are on the right, some are on the left...no uniformity. Perhaps those sellers that use store templates have a uniform column?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't seem to have them at all only the price range that is up with the other options.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I don't seem to have them at all only the price range that is up with the other options.

Go to Options -> Use the legacy version of the admin on desktop

If you have that checked, you may not be seeing them on the older layout. They are there on the new layout.

Having said that, the prices are appearing at the far right end of the line for a product. The layout flow (possibly via CSS) is causing them to wrap around to an earlier place on some lines, and not on others. It is also using a default numeric format, where a 26.01 price appears as "$26.01", while a 26.00 price appears as "$26". Likewise, 19.30 appears as "$19.3".

There is some oddness about where the numbers show up on the screen, depending on how wide your screen/window is. Changing the window width causes them to shift around, and not coherently from line to line.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is probably the 'problem' as I am still using all the oldest stuff as it works for me. I don't see the need for it currently. Although if I am tweaking listings it might be good to see if I have the same prices on all the different sizes of a pattern, otherwise not something I currently need. What I do need is a new Left thumb as mine is hurting so much this morning I can barely focus. Sad
thetomsboutique

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound rude, because I really like the idea and think it can be a good feature (though curiously, not one I ever really thought about needing), but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. It literally looks like someone's first attempt at coding, with the prices all over the place and not uniform, as others have mentioned.

It's honestly more of a distraction than a useful tool at this stage, at least in my opinion.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prices are in a straight column now. If you are seeing them "all over the place" maybe you are viewing the page from your computer's cashe. Now if you are talking about the problem of missing zeros at the end of a cost, that is annoying. The prices show correctly when you view the item page in your store or the marketplace (as a customer), but when the prices are entered in the admin the ending zeros are dropped. It's really annoying now that the prices show in a column.

This has been a requested feature in the suggestion area for years. Now we have it! I've found it helpful by viewing items by a price range to see is something is strange without having to open each item. You can also select a category and view by price range. Sure beats having to check each item to see the ones that need price corrections.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still hoping to be able to sort listing with only active listings showing not including the hidden. We can get a list of all hidden listings so why not the other? It would sure help with the major tweaking I am doing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody, the prices are displaying correctly in the column now with ending zeros. Looks so much better and easier to view.

Thanks eCRATER Team !!!!
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this new feature!

Thanks eCRATER Team!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have it, so my screen must be a really old one. I am fine without it at this point.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, just go into your admin > Account: > Options, scroll down to "Use the legacy version of the admin on desktop", remove the check-mark, and click Update at the bottom of the page. Now sign out, then sign in again. You'll see the newer version of the admin.

Click on Products, scroll down to see your product list, and you'll see the column for prices that folks are talking about. It may be of help to you at some point.

Now you can scroll down to Account: > Options and add the check mark back to "Use the legacy version of the admin on desktop", click update, sign out, then sign in and your world is back to your normal. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: