eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Good morning , hello and an ebay question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolpostcardbydennis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Good morning , hello and an ebay question Reply with quote

Hello, I just opened an ecrater store, and imported my ebay listings into it. Question - when I import more ebay listings in the future, will they replace the ones currently shown, or just be added to them. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. The import works only one time. It is not a tool to "update" inventory. It is only to "add".
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to eCRATER.

In the last year, eCRATER had added a new feature to the eBay Importer. I'll quote from the information posted in the requirements and help section under the eBay Importer section.
Quote:
11. The ebay import is not a sync and will not update products automatically. To update products that have already been imported from eBAY, you must initiate another import from eBAY and select the option "update existing products". Please note that this option will work only for stores whose initial eBAY import was done after 06/05/2017. The option will not remove items that were sold on eBAY. Such items must be manually removed from the eCRATER store.

The "update existing products" option on repetitive imports, will override on existing products:

1. Titles,
2. Descriptions,
3. Prices,
4. Condition,
5. Shipping,
6. Attributes

I've never used the eBay Importer, so I can't give personal information. If you have additional questions beyond the directions, you'll probably need to use the contact link on the home page of eCRATER. Maybe after you've used it a few times, you can help answer questions here on the forum for others leaving eBay.
coolpostcardbydennis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks to you both. I will experiment and see what happens. I list about 500 a month on ebay (old postcards) but only 20 per cent or so actually sell, and relisting is expensive. I hope If I can add the other 80 percent that get no bids on ebay to ecrater, over time it will add to my sales.... I tried ecrater for a while years ago but got few or no sales. Thank you. Dennis ... I also have a small facebook group for postcards which may interest you. Buy, Sell, Trade, whatever. "Vintage Postcard Buy and Sell Group"
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome back. A few suggestions if I may?

You do need to finish building your store with a logo, about, tems and contact pages. Also you would do better to have your cards in categories which you set up to make it easier to search for what someone may collect, such a holidays with subcategories for Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, etc. If you keep adding and leaving things in the category MY eBzy, it is going to be pretty snarly.

A big one, that many that import from ebay forget to do, at least those that are just dumping what they can here as to have yet another place that theirs stuff is listed on (not saying that about you), is not proofing the listing. Like there is no reason here on eCRATER to have the statement:
Quote:
Track Page Views WithAuctiva's FREE Counter
on each of your listings here. Remember that you can have 100 characters in your title and pretty unlimited descriptions. And since your shipping shows free, you don't have to have it written out.

Unlike the mess that ebay listings look like these days, with ads all over the place and it is hard to make heads or tails of what is listed, here it is pretty cut and dried.

Hope things go well.
coolpostcardbydennis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the tips. I am never sure whether time is better spent refining and improving existing listings, or adding new inventory.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolpostcardbydennis wrote:
Thank you for the tips. I am never sure whether time is better spent refining and improving existing listings, or adding new inventory.

I have found that it is better to get it right the first time, or as soon as possible, as the more you add, the more that will need fixed. I know some that have used the ebay loader and then complain because they have so many items that need fixed (50 to a couple hundred). Many of us that have been here awhile hand listed every single product! I think I did around 5000 listings my first year here! Over the past 10 years, I think I have hand-listed 10-12K listings! So while it seems a daunting task, it is doable to fix what needs it.

I think eCRATER's global editor can help you delete the Auctiva sentence. I think Sheila did a nice instruction post of using it if you can't figure out how.
coolpostcardbydennis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ebay upload was 274 vintage postcards, so I have some work to do. But that is fine as long as the cards sell eventually. I sold one yesterday, because I linked to my facebook group. So that is good. Thanks again.
coolpostcardbydennis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MoonwishesStore"]
coolpostcardbydennis wrote:

I think eCRATER's global editor can help you delete the Auctiva sentence. I think Sheila did a nice instruction post of using it if you can't figure out how.

I tried that yesterday, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: