eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why do my products still show in store after purchased?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
preachitteacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Why do my products still show in store after purchased? Reply with quote

Hello

I have a little store to sell my classroom stuff. And, after my first order I noticed the things the customer bought are still for sale in my store.

And, I have gone back and made sure every product has a "1" for quantity.
But, my sold items are still showing.

HELP!

Thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under your store options do you have inventory control enabled? If not, that may be your problem.

Mind some advice from and old timer? Your only payments source that I have seen is cash on delivery (COD) which is a rather archaic way of collecting money. Oh and as I write that, another reason why after something sold it hasn't switched the invenotry amount. Without an immediate electronic payment, the listing doesn't know it has been paid for. COD would be classic for that. Anyhow, with COD you are taking a chance that the buyer will still want the item and be willing to pay for it plus the fees from the PO or maybe you pay those at the point of delivery and then wait for the money to make its way back to you. You really need to sign up for Paypal or Stripe and if you have objections to them, then at least do money orders and you can put the item on hold until you get the money for the item.

You have free shipping for your items for sale, and some of the things I saw due to the size and shape of them, will not be able to mail via first class and Priority mail is $6+ at this point so selling something for $4 and paying $6 fof "FREE shipping" shipping isn't going to get you any money. You will be paying money for people to take it away.

Also all items being sold on ecrater has to be able to be sold to all the 50 states. I don't think you can limit a listing to some nearby counties for pick up. You might want to check on that.
preachitteacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!

My “store” was set up primarily just to send the
link out to fellow teachers here in my town. Do thats why I was ok with COD. But t am going to go check the inventory thing right now. And I am goig tj add PayPal as an option too.

Thank you!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even doing COD for the teachers in town is a very expensive way to collect money. Most people are very used to using electronic money transfers.

Hope things go well with your store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: