eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Acceptance of payment to a Personal account PayPal. How?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Any-Music-1960

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Acceptance of payment to a Personal account PayPal. How? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
Question.
In Payment Options, I did not pay attention to the word Express (calculated for speed). I thought that my PayPal address for payment will provide the system to customers and they will make payment at this address. Same as usual. Noted this point.
It turned out that PayPal Checkout is a completely different kind of service. You must have a Business account for it. I do not plan to open Business account. I have a Personal account.
Personal account I have since 2013, there is a code of the seller, I accept payment from buyers on other sites.
What should I do in this case?
To note method of payment is Western Union?
What can you advise in this case?
Can you provide a link on the resolution of such a situation!
Regards
Sergey
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not allowed to take Western Union as a payment for things being sold on eCRATER. You may take PP or Stripe, money order or cash.

Unfortunately, I don't understand what you wrote about PP.

I also noted in your listings you have some with non-English text. ALL listings on eCRATER must be in English. You may need to find someone to help with your writing and translating things like your 'About Us' and 'Home' page which appear to be identical.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey, if you have had your PayPal account since 2013 and you accept payments from buyers on other sites (especially eBay) then you probably have a PayPal Premier account. PayPal will no longer allow a person to create a PayPal Premier account, but they do still exist and work fine with eCRATER. PayPal Express (as used on eCRATER) and PayPal Checkout are different systems. PayPal Checkout is a system a business may use on their own website. Just add your email address used for your PayPal account and you should be fine.

With PayPal Express on eCRATER, the customer will be taken to PayPal to sign into their account OR add their credit card information. Once they have done one or the other, PayPal returns the customer to the eCRATER checkout so the customer can see the total cost of their order including shipping. They must click on the confirm button to complete the purchase. If the customer does not complete their payment, you'll never know about the abandoned sale. In other words, you won't get a sale with no payment when using PayPal Express on eCRATER.

The same issue came up a month or two ago and the seller simply added their PayPal information and all worked well.
Any-Music-1960

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MoonwishesStore!
I will study the payment service Stripe.
Corrected the description in English.
To be honest, I can't tell the difference between "Home page" and "About Us". What text should be placed in each of them?
If you don't mind, please tell me
Regards
Sergey
Any-Music-1960

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sheila!
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Very understandable.
Payment Options (eCrater) >Linked to: my pay pal account ******@mail.ru.
I tried not entering the eCrater to buy from himself item.
Add To Cart > Sub-total 8$ (without shipping) > Pay Pal Checkout > Pay with PayPal > “You are trying to sign in to the account of the seller you are making this purchase from. Change your login credentials and try again”. -

It is clear that I can not pay for the purchase from myself

So, you need to ask someone to buy my item without confirming the payment.
So I was sure that the buyer sees the cost of item + delivery.
Am I reasoning correctly?
Regards
Sergey
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your concern and desire to make sure your PayPal connection is working. I placed Billy Ocean ‎The Billy Ocean Collection CD 2002 UK in the cart and the price was US $10.00. After clicking on the PayPal checkout, I was taken to PayPal where I was given the option to sign into my PayPal account, enter my credit card info or return to your store. Once I entered the requested information, there is a message "You'll return to the merchant to complete your purchase." above the large blue button to Continue.

Once I clicked the Continue button, I was returned to your checkout where I was shown the Shipping was $7.00 for a total due of $17.00. There is a large blue button on the lower right that says Confirm Payment. Once a buyer clicks the Confirm Payment, they have completed their purchase and PayPal will complete the charge. The API between PayPal and eCRATER will send eCRATER a notice within 15 minutes (or less) that the purchase has been completed. Then eCRATER will you an email regarding the sale.

I back out of the checkout, didn't confirm payment, and removed the item from the cart.

I have a suggestion for your titles. When you are selling the Russian version you are currently stating RUS edition. I would strongly suggest you change RUS to Russian edition so there is no misunderstanding. It should be obvious when you state RUS, but it's a term that may be overlooked. Stating it is the Russian edition would be less likely to be overlooked.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sergey - I think of the Home Page text as a welcome page. You are welcoming a visitor to your store just as you would welcome a visitor to your home, sort of. You state who you are and what you are selling. Anything important going on such as for a certain amount of time such as you have a sale going on, but you have to be careful of this. I have seen people with their home page saying something about the items being on sale for Easter which takes place in the spring and at this point, you may be reading their welcome it is now almost Halloween (US holidays). The seller forgot to update their Homepage. It is like someone coming to visit and you tell them happy Labour Day (assuming you would) and your guests look at you funny because you invited them over for Mother's Day. (Going by the Russian Holidays).It is a general hello and welcome page.

Your 'About Us' is a chance to tell potential buyers a bit about yourself. Why you sell what you do. Are you any kind of expert in your field of what you sell? Let them know basically that if possible you can answer questions that they may ask. I sell sewing patterns and other crafting supplies. In my About page I talk about the fact that I too sew and do crafts. I have seen way too many pattern 'sellers' selling sewing patterns that state they know nothing about sewing patterns but please ask questions! Shocked Why ask a question to someone that has already admitted they don't know anything about the product they are selling? Kind of a hopeless case, especially when I have gotten questions like "are the seams long?" Shocked In comparison to what? It is like asking a seller if the chapters in a book are long, Or if the music on a CD if good, or if the DVD is a good movie? All in the eyes of the beholder, but also a chance for someone to answer knowledgeably. I couldn't answer anything about Russian music, but I assume you can. Very Happy It is also a good place if there is room to post other links to websites or venues that you might have - eCRATER does not forbid listing URLs that don't go to them.

I hope I didn't confuse you. Check out others Homepages or About pages of other sellers here. underneath anyone's posts, you will see three buttons: for Profile, PM or WWW. Click on the Profile button to see more about there activities on the eCRATER forum, PM is a way to private message to another seller, and WWW takes you to their store. I apologize if you already know this. So, by clicking on the WWW you can see what other sellers are selling and what they say in their Homepage, About, Terms that sort of thing. Look and see what others have written and they may give you ideas. My About and Terms page are both lengthy as I am what is called a chatterbox over here!
Any-Music-1960

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sheila!
Great sounds!
Thank you very much!!!
It was all very clear!
Now I am calm, in a great mood!
I'll take your advice and replace the abbreviation Rus with the whole word Russian.
Regards
Sergey
Any-Music-1960

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MoonwishesStore!
Thank you for the detailed explanation.
In the coming days I will make a Welcome page and a page About us with different content.
It is very important that you can provide links URL to explain the tasks of the seller. It will be useful for potential buyers.
Regards
Sergey
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: