eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is my store broken?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueribbonconfection

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Is my store broken? Reply with quote

Not sure what is going on, if I have everything set up right.
I am getting hits but no sales. I think I have things linked right to paypal.
I went ahead and unlinked and then relinked to paypal and decided to go ahead and change the primary email so I contacted ecrater not sure where to change the primary email at though. Trying to be patient here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are just impatient. Takes a while for your listings to get picked up by the search engines. You can have 100 hits and no sales or 1 and get a sale.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am reading from different forums that sales are bad all over. I think it is due to the saturation of new places to sell. You have a unique product. Some people may need to find out more about you. Are you getting views?
Most people are just used to regular marshmallows that they buy at the store. They donĀ“t understand what an interesting and tasty product a homemade marshmallow might be.
When you first start out it takes a while before the people can find you. Even though Ecrater places you on their marketplace you have to promote yourself. Here are some suggestions -
Put your links on Pinterest - #1.
Find groups on facebook that talk about homemade candies and if allowed post your links.
Join forums that talk about homemade recipes and candies. Join in the conversation but in your signature put a link to your store.
Start a blog about homemade sweets and post links to your Ecrater items.
Make up some samples packs and sell them at a low price or just for what it costs to mail. I know I might want to try a sample before I invest a larger amount of money on something that I might not like. Even though I love sweets I am not supposed to eat sugar things because of my diet but if I tried a sample I might say oh this is tasty and order some for my friends and family as gifts.

Your store looks ok to me so try to get out there and promote. It will work!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto what the others said. I always tell newbies that you have to think of internet e-commerce as a huge ocean with our stores being micro-dots. It may take a while to get business as people need to find you. It can take up to 6 months for the search engines to recognize you as a legitimate business. Some sellers pop around from venue to venue, never giving any even a month of trying. I read in a book about the 6-month rule. I read it some time back but should still be valid. I told my son about it and he said that at the 6-month point of his website being created, that is when he started getting calls about his business. He is a process server and also does selling online.

In the meantime promote your business. Make sure that along with Pinterest, your store has a Facebook page that you feature a different marshmallow and ways to use them unless they are only good for eating out of hand. Like can you cut them into smaller pieces and use in magic cookie bars (graham cracker crust, a layer of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, nuts, marshmallows, and more chocolate chips) and then baked? I'm getting hungry. But with all the flavors it seems like you could think up recipes to use the different flavors.

Lots of angles to promoting these. Like what is your limit for the amounts you can make if someone would like to have them at a wedding reception? Brides with any kind of money are always looking for ideas to one up all the other weddings they go to. Not that I'm one of those one-up people, but many are and you can take advantage of that as needed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Is my store broken? Reply with quote

You've only had your store open for a few weeks. I've been told it can take 6 weeks or more for the major search engines to index a new site. I did a check for you and found your eCrater store is completely indexed in DuckDuckGo which is my favorite search engine. Bing has NO pages indexed yet and Google only has one page. Your items have been sent to Google Shopping by eCrater and you are getting good coverage there, but you have a lot of competition.

The hits recorded in your admin include some search bots, lots of folks from the forum looking at your store, and every time you look at an item as a buyer. If you want a more accurate check on visitors, you should set up Google Analytics for your store.

You really need to work on your titles. We are allowed 100 characters in the title and the eCrater search is title only. When I did an internet search for several of your titles, I got a huge number of links telling me how I can make my own "homemade" marshmallows. Personally, to me homemade implies questionable hit or miss quality made in somebody's kitchen that may or may not be safe. Now if you are making Quality Handcrafted Gourmet Marshmallows and you follow that up with a description that explains / backs that claim I'd be more inclined to give it a try. I think your title should also include the number being sold for the price followed with the individual size in each listing.

If you package your product in any type of gift packaging, you should include a photo of the packaging. Someone might want to by your product to have it shipped as a gift.
ioveCare

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: My store also has no order until now Reply with quote

I have list 4 products until now, one of them has 8 HITS. No order right now, I don't know what is the problem.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: My store also has no order until now Reply with quote

ioveCare wrote:
I have list 4 products until now, one of them has 8 HITS. No order right now, I don't know what is the problem.

You should start your own thread so that answers to you, won't get mixed up with the original poster.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: My store also has no order until now Reply with quote

ioveCare wrote:

One huge problem that I see right from your home page is very poor English grammar. If you don't have someone you know with good English skills, then you need to use a grammar and spell checker. You also don't have your About use page or your Terms page filled out. You are also going to have a problem as a Chinese seller as many here in the USA have some bad feelings about China. You can offer free shipping on items that are coming from the other side of the globe when if we were shipping the same thing to China, it would run us most likely $20-30!

With only 4 items in your store, it isn't going to take off very well as there is a lot of competition for selling the very same product (for at least one of your items) in various price ranges and all with free Prime shipping.

I can't tell if you think 8 hits is a lot or not, but it isn't and most of those hits are probably bots, not real buyers.

I'm also curious about what your selling name means. the 'iove' part.
blueribbonconfection

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not impatient at all, I just know me! Sometimes I overlook things not realizing I had done so. Just wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row. thanks everyone.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: