eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Orders Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Orders Problem Reply with quote

I signed up for Google AdWords and I can generate like 100 views in a matter of seconds... I watch the traffic live on Google Analytics. I see people add items to their carts, but they never buy. I'm confused. I offer PayPal and today I signed up for Stripe (I don't see any logo for it on my store though).

Anybody know what to do here? Is something wrong with my cart or...?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not get a logo for Stripe anymore than if you were at Walmart and you go to charge something you wouldn't get to request which payment merchant they would use for your transaction. It is in the background and covered by the card emblems that we take here. By the way, I have had over $9000 in sales processed by Stripe with no problems. Once you have proved yourself to them they will be sending your money to you at times even before you see the order.

I haven't bothered going to Google Analytics in years. I would suspect that most of those hits are bots and not real live breathing people. Not with your store being so new. I did check a few of your items and they are not yet showing on Google shopping. Have you done you google attributes? I don't know why some have put something in their carts and don't buy other than the are temporarily holding them while they check other prices for the items.

In the midst of my seeing if I could what is up, I did discover that your game WarZone2100 should be written Warzone 2100. It needs the space.

Hope some of that has helped a bit.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Stripe would have a logo on my site like PayPal. I'm not too sure how to use Google Shopping... some of my items do not have GTIN's or whatever they're called. I could list colors for the various items, but it's not clothing and my brands are usually just some random developer or a small group of people; they're not really a company with a brand name. Certainly nothing well known or that would ever be searched for on Google.

I noticed other sites offer a test purchase and when I tried ordering my own products just to make sure there's no problem with buying on my site, I just get some message saying I'm the seller. So, I'm not sure the checkout process is totally functional and I thought that might be the problem. I also thought maybe my prices are just too high, but the same things sell fine on eBay. I lowered prices on a few things just to see what happens anyway... no sales for now.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't supposed to be making any purchases from your store, so I suspect that the check out procedure is working just fine. As I mentioned, Stripe has no logo so I'm not sure exactly how the checkout works to use Stripe, I've always used PP when buying here.

You don't have to know HOW to use Google Shopping. Ecrater automatically sends our listings to Google shopping. However, you do need to have attributes for your items. There are a lot of posts on here about how to do the attributes. I don't have digital items, so perhaps some of those sellers that do digital downloads could help out. but you will probably need to be using identifier_exists:false as one of them. The list of attributes seems to have gotten smaller since I last looked at it. Without at least something like not having any identifiers, you won't get uploaded to google and you can't upload your store on your own.

As to no sales at this point. I wouldn't worry about it as you just opened your store recently. Like what a week or so ago? Most of our stores are like microdrops in the ocean of the internet of items for sale and it takes a while to be seen. At this point, you aren't showing at all on Google Shopping (GS). The bots are seeing you and that is about all. On eCRATER it is necessary to promote your own store. You can use the promote your store thread where each new post to promote your store is on the same thread, you don't start a new one each time you post to it and it is strictly for promoting - no questions etc. I also use social media: Facebook, G+, Pinterest, my blog and other blogs and digests. Wherever your products can logically fit. It is too soon to be lowering prices. Give your store a chance. eCRATER doesn't have the traffic that eBay or Amazon has so be patient, keep listing.

Many of our newbie sellers list 10-30 items at times and then a couple of days later are very discouraged because nothing has sold yet! At that point, their inventory hasn't even been uploaded to the internet yet. Any new seller that has a sale in the first week of opening their store is fortunate indeed!
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at an impasse here. My sales have tanked on eBay (down 50% from August). On eCrater, there's none. I've already spent a few hours posting ads on here and I spent $25 with Google Adwords. My Google Shopping does show that I have 70 items inserted, with 15 errors. So, I know something is reaching Google Shopping, and I did review my products' attributes a little last night. Oh, and today I received an e-mail from Stripe saying they suspended my account because I sell software and they want to see some kind of permission slips. So, it looks like I wont be accepting Stripe anymore. I did get a chance to test posting products on Facebook and I was quite happy with how easy it was. Anyway, I'm not really sure what to do from this point on. This sure isn't easy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater1junkie wrote:
I'm at an impasse here. My sales have tanked on eBay (down 50% from August). On eCrater, there's none. I've already spent a few hours posting ads on here and I spent $25 with Google Adwords. My Google Shopping does show that I have 70 items inserted, with 15 errors. So, I know something is reaching Google Shopping, and I did review my products' attributes a little last night. Oh, and today I received an e-mail from Stripe saying they suspended my account because I sell software and they want to see some kind of permission slips. So, it looks like I wont be accepting Stripe anymore. I did get a chance to test posting products on Facebook and I was quite happy with how easy it was. Anyway, I'm not really sure what to do from this point on. This sure isn't easy.

What kind of ads are you posting on here? Do you mean in the promote your store thread? I was given Google Adwords for free several times for $100 each. I never got a single sale that I could attribute to the Adwords. Once you are selling here for a while, if you like you can pay for a higher level of fees to eCRATER to have more exposure. I have never found that paying those higher fees have resulted in better sales but some have had better success.

How long has your store been opened? It is never promised that sales will come fast and easy on any venue. But as I mentioned it can take a while before you start seeing sales and for people to find you. I believe there was a thread once about how long it took to get your first sale. I think for me it was at least a month. Even on eBay I did a lot of promoting of my store so it was no problem for me to continue doing that when I came here. My last full month on eBay I barely covered my expenses with my income. It took a bit of time to get my sales going here to the point that I was having one a day, but then I had over 5000 items in my inventory. Now around 8000. I still have days and sometimes several in a row where I get no sales for several days. I keep plugging away and listing and promoting. If I wasn't making enough to make this worth my time, I wouldn't be doing it. I have a limited amount of energy and so I use it where the effort pays me and eCRATER is one of those places.

How soon and how well sales comes depends highly on what you are selling and how in demand it is.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On here? I started one thread, put a few pictures up then I also listed a promo code. It does seem to get me a few views on my store, but one thread really doesn't seem like much help.

I heard about $100 promo codes for Google Adwords, and I am a new user of their service, but I haven't received any promo codes from them. Don't know where to get them.

I signed up for eCrater Sept 14, so my store has been open for nearly two weeks now. Compared with eBay, I received sales immediately when I started selling. Every month I would consistently be selling something and there's only been 1 day a month where I have no sales on there. I'm sure it takes awhile to get my eCrater store going, but I don't think that should be a month or longer. I think that's pretty reasonable. I've posted almost one hundred items so far and I'm sure the more I have, the more likely I am to get a sale, but at the same time it's discouraging to be spending time and effort with no results. I want this to work for me because I want to leave eBay permanently.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried recently to view items from the ecrater. com page?

Recently, on my tablet I am no longer able to view any categories, or conduct searches. The page is dead. So, the Ecrater main page now leads to nowhere, at least on my mobile device?

Have not been on my PC in awhile, but I need to check the function of the main page there. This could explain why new stores and newly listed items aren't getting as many hits as they could.

True, ecrater is not like ebay. It's not a very well known marketplace.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The marketplace is working fine on my PC.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoYouReadMe wrote:
Has anyone tried recently to view items from the ecrater. com page?

Recently, on my tablet I am no longer able to view any categories, or conduct searches. The page is dead. So, the Ecrater main page now leads to nowhere, at least on my mobile device?

Have not been on my PC in awhile, but I need to check the function of the main page there. This could explain why new stores and newly listed items aren't getting as many hits as they could.

True, ecrater is not like ebay. It's not a very well known marketplace.

The main page came up fine for me as well. Even if for some reason the main page wasn't working, I would think most buyers would be following a link to a person's store so it shouldn't make that much difference.

You might want to let the team know about the problem with using mobile devices.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater1junkie wrote:
On here? I started one thread, put a few pictures up then I also listed a promo code. It does seem to get me a few views on my store, but one thread really doesn't seem like much help.

I heard about $100 promo codes for Google Adwords, and I am a new user of their service, but I haven't received any promo codes from them. Don't know where to get them.

I signed up for eCrater Sept 14, so my store has been open for nearly two weeks now. Compared with eBay, I received sales immediately when I started selling. Every month I would consistently be selling something and there's only been 1 day a month where I have no sales on there. I'm sure it takes awhile to get my eCrater store going, but I don't think that should be a month or longer. I think that's pretty reasonable. I've posted almost one hundred items so far and I'm sure the more I have, the more likely I am to get a sale, but at the same time it's discouraging to be spending time and effort with no results. I want this to work for me because I want to leave eBay permanently.

I believe the promo pages work where you add another post to your thread on a regular basis. I'm not really sure as I don't use it. I would forget how to find my thread for my store.

Most sellers here do not get sales immediately. I think I had hundreds of listings up before my first sale and with every 1000 items, I got more and more sales. And that was in the 'good old days' when Google wasn't such a pain in the neck. Sales were rolling in for those first few years, and then Google changed something and sales dropped (penguin, Caffeine, who knows). The next year another big change and the bottom fell out of sales. I hadn't been using Amazon until those changes came along and I realized I couldn't have all my eggs in one basket. Between eCRATER and Amazon, I pretty much make want I NEED to. I would like to make what I WANT to!

The Google $100 promotions offer came in the mail (snail) to me several times. So there was no place to look for them. Been a long time since I saw one and without a freebie, I can't afford to do pay for clicks. I have thousands of listings, many of which have only one copy. So how do you decide what you want to promote and how much to be willing to pay for a promotion for a $10 item?

I hated eBay and was happy to leave. Many sellers are very disenchanted with eBay and Amazon and are looking for a place to jump to when jumping ship. If some of the really big sellers would jump and land here they might find that their customers like some of the other things that are available. One thing to remember, if someone comes to say to may store directly, they will not see anything that that directs them to your store at all. ONly if they come by way of the marketplace will they see other stores goods.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater1j
you haven't filled out your ABOUT nor TERMS and on your CONTACT you show other sites you sell on..
Edit Texts
It is very important to fill out the text areas. Think about it, would you buy something and pay for it with out any idea of the place you are doing business with? This area is set up so you can make the customer know you.

Home Page This is the text that appears on the home page of your storefront, right under the Welcome. This space is limited to 8 lines of text. Remember your home page is the window to your store.

About Us - Tell your customers all about you here.

Contact Us - If someone is going to give you money that want to know how to get in touch with you. An email address is nice but an address and phone number will even make then feel more in touch with the seller especially on more expensive items.

SOME SELLERS use this
Please use the Ask The Seller A Question button on each listing page.

Terms and Conditions Tell your buyers when you expect to receive payment and how. Tell them when you will ship and how. If selling used items you might want to explain your grading of conditions scale here.
eCrater1junkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my first sale tonight! I guess I'm doing something right. Thanks everyone!
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad for your 1st sale!
Use the promo page to promote your items with an included link to the items as you list new stuff. From what analytics show, It's as good a performer, if not better than the actual storefront link as far as page view hits go.

MoonwishesStore wrote:

The main page came up fine for me as well. Even if for some reason the main page wasn't working, I would think most buyers would be following a link to a person's store so it shouldn't make that much difference.

You might want to let the team know about the problem with using mobile devices.

My point about mobile front page being dead, is that just like ebay or Amazon or any other venue, many people do go to the marketplace pages of major sites to conduct searches for items.

I noticed in my analytics that mobile device clicks are much fewer than PC clicks, which is backwards according to all the algorithms for more recent trending on consumer behavior. That's why page formatting has changed significantly on the big sites, to accommodate the small screen consumer. Everyone was in an uproar on ebay because the mobile formatting truncated their description and put more emphasis on just the photo, and they are trending more and more towards stock photos.

Anyway, I checked on my PC, and the marketplace page is fine, and it works on my phone too, so I bet my tablet is just in need of a browser update to fix my issue.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Peg, I've had a cell phone for months now and just wish I could hand it off to someone to set up for me!

@ junkie, good for you! Congrats. That first sale is always fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: