eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eBay Import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InspirationPlus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: eBay Import Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and might have lots of questions.

I set up my storefront and started listing today, but then decided to import the items I have on eBay (about 200) to get some items up quickly. I understand it may take a couple of days for that to happen.

I assume the imports will go into the newly created 'my ebay' folder. Once the eBay items are imported to 'my eBay', then what do I do? Do I have to edit each one to fit eCrater parameters?

Thanks for any help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The import is good, but does not cover all eventualities, so yes, you should review and edit each imported listing.
InspirationPlus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thank you.

Would it be best to 'hide' them until they are edited? Or are they inactive in the 'my ebay' until I put them in a category?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they aren't hidden if you have them in My eBay. With only 200 to move over, it might save you more time to do a copy-paste transfer than the download. Many of we older sellers here never had the chance to do the download and so we listed everything 'by hand'. In my case, I think I listed about 5000 listings the first year. I never had to have any listings hidden as they were ready to go when I hit the update button.

One of the problems that happen with an eBay download is all your listing info comes in as one run-on paragraph so it has to be teased apart and then remove all mentions of eBay, auctions, etc. as you will have your own store here and there are no auctions as well as about 99% of the time I would guess, buyers, pay immediately so no reason to mention anything about waiting for payment and all that sort of things.

Check out some of the other sellers to see how they are doing their stores. I have run into so many cases here where someone dumps all their inventory here from eBay and they never go back to fix the listings, and you can see that they haven't done anything in their store, if they have even been there, for months. They also don't usually have any sales and if they do they also have bad feedback as they got an order, got an email that they had one and it goes to their junk drawer and so they never saw it. Too many come here expecting instant sales but eCRATER doesn't work that way. You have to help promote your goods.

Hope that helps.
InspirationPlus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: