eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS Calculated Shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roguestreasuretrove

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: USPS Calculated Shipping Reply with quote

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate USPS calculated shipping. The only options I see are some very complicated charts with empty boxes to be filled out. Right now, all of my items are showing free shipping. Any ideas here? Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Chakracord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three out of four shops I have a flat rate/ matrix set up.

I had to check my fourth shop to see how I had that set up for calculating shipping.

The Matrix with blank boxes, leave them that way.

When I look at my listings, I enter the weight including decimals (ex 1.2500)
Then I check the matrix box.

When I check my listings, they show "check postage price" it will give you a box to place the zip codes. It seems to be calculating accordingly.

I hope this helps.
There is a couple other sellers that have been here a long time that can tell you more.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TURN YOUR STORE OFF UNLESS YOU WANT TO SHIP WITH FREE SHIPPING!!!!

Obviously, once you get it figured out and set up, then open your store. I only use the Matrix, which I love and that is what all those little boxes are about, but I don't do the calculated shipping here, so can't help on that front, sorry.

If all your items are around the same weight and shipping type, the Matrix might be for you. But that is for you to decide. You also can choose to do flat rate shipping. So you really have three different ways to handle shipping here. Pick which works best for you.
Roguestreasuretrove

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: USPS Calculated Shipping Reply with quote

Thank you both for the advice. I'll work on the matrix tomorrow. I can work with flat rates if I have to, but I did see mention of USPS shipping calculator from past posts though no one mentioned how to do it. On the other hand, I can't find out how to tell if my store is on or off. I did not choose to turn it on at any point. And I don't see a link to go on or turn it off. What the heck am I missing? I know it's obvious when you've been on a site for a long time, I've got experience building websites on Shopify, and I'm on two other big platforms, but this site is really confounding me. Shocked
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh I found what I was looking for

Look under: OPTIONS

Scroll down and check UPSP calculator
Select the options...
on my one shop I have: Standard Post, First Class and Priority.

There was something about Media mail being mixed that the Media Mail will be shown on all the listings even if it does not apply to that item.

Someone can verify that one.

I can't find where the shut off shop is.
Roguestreasuretrove

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: USPS Calculated Shipping Reply with quote

Thank you Chakracord, that gives me a fighting chance. It was very helpful. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to your administration page and on the left-hand side is the list of links, Under More Options, the third item down is on hold. It will give you a choice to put your store on hold. This turns your store off until you want to and are READY to turn it back on again. Roguestreasue - your store is currently open and I checked on your gold charm bracelet and I got a calculated Priority mail shipping amount. So maybe you got it figured out.

If you set up your store before adding inventory, you can have your store open from the first item listed. Some new sellers want to wait to open their stores until they have a certain amount listed. My opinion is, have it open from the first item listed and get that info flowing into the internet! Who knows you might get a sale! But doing that assumes that you have everything ready to go.

Sorry I couldn't help you with the other types of shipping. The matrix as much as some people want to rip their hair out trying to figure it out has worked great for me, no problems for over 10 years now. The only 'oops' has come from the operator, you know "garbage in garbage out'!!! I will admit to not understanding it initially and stuck it in the back of my head to churn there while I did other things. Two night later while lying in bed, the lightbulb went off. Got up the next morning and set it up with no trouble.

I think at times what can be confusing is the language we each use depending on where we are from. I grew up on the other side of the country, went to college in Canada, spent 7 weeks in Colombia and now am back here. If there is anything I have learned in my travels is that just because someone calls something one name and I use another, doesn't mean either of us is wrong. It just gives me one more word to use/try when trying to explain something to someone! While in college in the mid-70's things that I grew up calling sneakers were called running shoes there. At a shoe store I went through so many options to see if any worked, such as tennis shoes, sneakers, and so on and it was only when I said running shoes did they pull out a pair of sneakers. I'm sure that has changed big time at this point. But something we all have to remember. Here we put our stores on hold, other venues we put them on vacation and then I messed this discussion up by saying to turn the store off instead of hiding your store (oops sorry!).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops double posting I was getting a 'not secure' listing when I attempted to post the first time.
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If you go to your administration page and on the left-hand side is the list of links, Under More Options, the third item down is on hold. It will give you a choice to put your store on hold. This turns your store off until you want to and are READY to turn it back on again. Roguestreasue - your store is currently open and I checked on your gold charm bracelet and I got a calculated Priority mail shipping amount. So maybe you got it figured out.

Thank you Moonwishes.
I knew there was some place to do that.

I also noticed that there were little items like earrings and brooches show Priority.
I would check to include First Class mail and use decimal weight.
Converting ounces to pounds as decimals

1 divided 16 = 0.0625
that means 1 ounce is equal to 0.0625
Here's a chart

1 oz = 0.0625
2 oz = 0.125
3 oz = 0.1875
4 oz = 0.25 ---- that's 1/4 of a pound
5 oz = 0.3125
6 oz = 0.375
7 oz = 0.4375
8 oz = 0.50 ---- that's is half a pound
9 oz = 0.5625
10 oz = 0.625
11 oz = 0.6875
12 oz = 0.75 ---- that's 3/4 of a pound
13 oz = 0.8125
14 oz = 0.875
15 oz = 0.9375
16 oz = 1 ---- that's 1 pound

Here's a link to shipping https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2461
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you look at the forum listing, the top section, the 3rd posting has Board rules and Store Set ups.

You may find some of your answers in the store set ups.

I hope this will help you.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: