eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

paid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papio67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: paid Reply with quote

What do you do when you e-mail a customer to ask if they received their package and they don't respond.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Chakracord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldn't contact the buyer.

I would go and check the tracking to see if the item was delivered, if this will help ease your mind.

Then, if a buyer contacts you, you can respond properly.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: paid Reply with quote

Papio67 wrote:
What do you do when you e-mail a customer to ask if they received their package and they don't respond.

There is no reason to email a customer to ask if they got their item. You should be able to check the tracking # at the USPS website. As long as it shows delivered you are set. Buyers/customers do not want to open a dialogue about if it arrived if it was as advertised, will you leave feedback etc.

Believe me, if it doesn't show up they will tell you as well as other problems they find or imagine. And yes some customers imagine or say that something isn't correct that it was correct when it left your hands.

In other words, don't bother your customer! I know personally, I don't like getting any more email than I'm already getting. I ordered something on Amazon and had been too busy to leave feedback. I think they sent me around 4 emails asking for one and I was about ready to give them one star just for bothering me so much!
Papio67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. When you mail a small envelope there are no tracking numbers,but I will take your advise and not contact the customer.Thanks again.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, their store is now closed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waoo! What is happening lately with this new sellers in eCrater?

They ask for answer and when they received it. They do not like it and leave. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious as to what he was selling in a small envelope that didn't need tracking and discovered no such store. I believe in watching the pennies in your business, but you can't skip paying out pennies when needed for things like tracking. Not having tracking can bite you if you don't. And to think that he wanted to open up a conversation about whether they got their item when he had no tracking to prove they did or didn't. Do some people never read up anywhere on how to sell online?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since first class mail includes tracking in the US, he either shipped to another country or stuck stamps on an envelope.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect he was mailing whatever items in a regular personal or business envelope with a regular stamp and that doesn't work out really well for online selling. When I was still going to the PO every day I always groaned inwardly if I was behind a particular lady. I have no clue what she was doing but was mailing out bunches of business sized envelopes daily that the PO clerk has to look up and put the stamps on it. I always wondered what it was she was doing. I think selling online but what was beyond me. Around that time I signed up with endicia!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: